G23 Bimini Color - Only Black?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G23 Bimini Color - Only Black?

I've decided to make the plunge and order a 2018 G23. Delivery slot is May 18 and I need to get my colors in. I change my mind every hour!

Question on the Bimini - is there no other color but Black? The DYN does not even allow you to add a Bimini let alone choose a color. I don't think I've ever seen anything but black, but thought I would put the question out to the community.

If the answer is that Black is the only color, does anyone know if there is talk about changing this? I prefer a Bimini that can be fully retracted and if there is something in the works for color choices or style, I'd much prefer waiting to buy this thing when there is something that I'd like to buy. Dropping $4k on the current model is depressing.

By the way, DYN needs some serious attention. Nautique should invest in building out a full VR/AR style design system that is aligned with their boat quality and experience. I've seen this type of thing for other industries by a company in Cincinnati and it's incredible.

Yes - I just hijacked my own post!

I tend to agree. It would seem easy enough to offer some color options in the material they use on the bimini. (It seems somewhat like Sunbrella). The actual design I think is pretty good; we have certainly enjoyed ours-(2017 G23). I just wish I could have gotten mine in Midnight Blue instead of black... I guess I could take it to a bimini top maker, have them take mine apart, pattern it, and make me a blue one... That also sounds like an expensive PitA...

Comment

good point...you oughta be able to pick canvas color for the bimini...

Comment

I agree. They also need to add this to the 'Design your Nautique' on the website. They have board racks and speakers as an option to view but not the bimini.

Sent from my iPhone using PLT Nautique

Comment

Originally posted by Team230 View Post
          I've decided to make the plunge and order a 2018 G23. Delivery slot is May 18 and I need to get my colors in. I change my mind every hour!

Question on the Bimini - is there no other color but Black? The DYN does not even allow you to add a Bimini let alone choose a color. I don't think I've ever seen anything but black, but thought I would put the question out to the community.

If the answer is that Black is the only color, does anyone know if there is talk about changing this? I prefer a Bimini that can be fully retracted and if there is something in the works for color choices or style, I'd much prefer waiting to buy this thing when there is something that I'd like to buy. Dropping $4k on the current model is depressing.

By the way, DYN needs some serious attention. Nautique should invest in building out a full VR/AR style design system that is aligned with their boat quality and experience. I've seen this type of thing for other industries by a company in Cincinnati and it's incredible.

Yes - I just hijacked my own post!
          I think not only the bimini top but also the tower speaker cans, chromax lettering and board racks should have multiple color choices available to accent your boat colors

Comment

Hopefully Nautique is listening to this discussion. Why would they create a design experience that does not include the Bimini? I also wonder why that don't allow you to choose the color of the Bimini. My current 2008 SANTE has a blue one that matches the boat. Why in the world would they eliminate the option of choosing a color?

Seems like someone should do what RDTG23 said and make a pattern and start selling them. I'll bet you'd have plenty of customers...and then, of course Nautique will start giving you the option too.

Sent from my iPhone using PLT Nautique

Comment

You can have any color bimini you want from Nautique...as long as its black.

They need is to bring back the black interior deck color.

Comment

Working...
              X