Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9405.JPG
Views:	1673
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	579477 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9387.JPG
Views:	0
Size:	0
ID:	579478 I've got a thread going on CCF as well but figured I needed one here since there is still an OG Nautique Crowd Lurking around here. That and Brit is making me look bad with his resto projects.

Cliff Notes:

Bought a 99 Super Air locally that I saw on here.
    It's a Python boat with an 04 Tower
    Interior and Exterior are nice. With some love they will look great. Might replace a skin or two in the next few years.

The boat only has around 240 hours but had a rod hanging out the side of the block.

This Year:
    Motor
    Ballast
    Small Stereo Items
    Buff/Wax/Etc

Next Fall:
    Disc Brakes
    Tower Bimini
    Redo Stereo
    Last edited by Treybizttu; 03-27-2019, 10:09 AM.

So I've been trying to work on it since last fall but life has been in the way but I'm finally getting my act together.

Name:	IMG_9392.JPG
Views:	1497
Size:	60.5 KB
ID:	579462 Click image for larger version

Name:	56539797662__D77C711C-A1FE-439F-8FBF-43DC209F72B9.JPG
Views:	1504
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	579463

Comment

Name:	IMG_2502.JPG
Views:	1450
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	579468 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2509.JPG
Views:	1459
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	579469

Bilge is Clean, Motor is just about ready to stab

Comment

Name:	IMG_2499.JPG
Views:	1511
Size:	68.8 KB
ID:	579472 Click image for larger version

Name:	57515087043__0575A881-4B42-416C-A4D6-5D4E863D2ABD.JPG
Views:	1481
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	579473

Comment

New Stuff to got Along with a New Motor:
          Cooling Hoses
          Ballast Pumps and Hoses
          Fuel Lines
          FCC Filter
          Theromstat
          Water Pump
          Impeller
          Plugs
          MSD Plug Wires
          Bilge Pumps and Hoses (bilges worked but the plastic was brittle and they were filled with motor oil and sludge. I'll keep them for spares.
          New Blower Hose (Blower itself was good)
          All New Sensors and Switches

In the Boat:
          New Ignition and Key
          Couple New Dash Switches
          LED Underwater Light
          New Head Unit and In-Boat Speakers

Comment

Name:	IMG_2375.JPG
Views:	1488
Size:	45.4 KB
ID:	579518 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2379.JPG
Views:	1459
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	579519

Comment

Motor in.
              Attached Files

Comment

Subscribed... such a cool boat, except for the tower I think the coolest nautique I can imagine being restored is a 99 SS/SAN with the python motor in it.

Comment

Glad to see you making some progress! My projects have just about come to an end this year. Still have to do a full ballast system in TJ’s blue OG but that should only occupy 1 weekend and it’ll be finished.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I think that is one of the coolest projects and coolest boats out there. I love to see people restoring older boats. The brand new motor is amazing keep it up and post more pics.

Comment

Thanks guys,

Always said I wanted a python Super Air but never found one at the right time... I wasn’t sold on the purple at first but now that we’ve started pulling the old decals off and buffing I love it.

And funny the tower is mentioned. It’s actually my least favorite part. I love the lines of the previous gen FCT so I would have preferred that but is what it is. Next winter I’ll consider a tower change after we put some hours on it. I like the aviators that people have put on Older super airs. Maybe that or an NDT version of the 00-03 tower.

Comment

Looks like a pretty good little project!

Comment

Thanks!

Motor is in an runs. I put the motor in but had some finish work to do. Wife was sick of looking at it and I was only getting little bits of time here and there to work on it. So I dropped it off at the shop. It's been there since april.

Hoping to finally get on the water this weekend at least. I still need to re install the interior and we'll just run it as is for a while. I'll finish up the ballast and stereo after the season. Pretty over it at this point. Talked to a few people that wanted to buy it once it runs but I think we are just going to stick it out this summer and maybe go a little newer/bigger. I change my mind every 30 minutes.

Comment

Hoping I can get on the water sometime soon. Have had the 4th week scheduled off for a year for lake time with my kids.... At this point I should have just waited a bit, said no to another project and just bought something running/newer.

Comment

Very cool boat! Did you do anything to the engine during the rebuild process? I would love to do a "minor" build of a 8.2 Python. When I had mine, I sent the ECU off to see if we I could tune it a bit as the PCM fuel curve is WAY fat on this engine. I don't think it would take much to get an easy 500hp out of the engine without stressing it.
                              I bet getting the engine out of the bilge required some gymnastics on your part?
                              Keep the faith and the good work going!
                              2008 230 TE-ZR6
                              1999 Pro Air Python-sold and moved away :-(

Comment

Working...
                              X