New to us 03 SANTE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by j-rob View Post
    Nice shop dude, jelly of that overhead room. Just picked up an 03 myself a few months back, we also had some mildew/dingy spots on the seats. I used star brite vinyl polish/cleaner with a magic eraser followed by some 303 and they were good as new.

As for the bungees, I noted one pair to be shorter than the other, so I used them accordingly. Also I cross them up in an "X" rather than just straight across, which helps too. Someone just posted in the maintenance section about cheap replacement parts from HD that seemed to work pretty good.

Congrats, nice boat!
    I have been slowly cleaning on it as I have time. I am using Totally Awesome from the Dollar Store, Magic Eraser, and then 303. Looking brand new.

I did find the post for the Home Depot parts, and will be doing this.

Comment

Done! Found these at Lowe's by accident so I went ahead and made them. All for $10.37, and had some leftover tubing.

Sent from my iPhone using PLT Nautique
      Last edited by dhanni848; 04-18-2017, 08:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dhanni848 View Post

I am in Nashville, so I have to say they are Predators colors!

I have a question on the flight clips bungees. How tight should the board be in there? Mine moved around last week, so not sure if I need to replace them.
        I think you mean SMASHVILLE!! Your rink looks like one hopping place to catch a game, especially during playoffs!! That wall of gold is something!! Go Preds! (big PK fan...)

Oh and btw, to the OP, nice boat!!
        Current : 2000 Pro Air Nautique, Silver&Black accents, pulled by 2012 black Chevy Tahoe
        Previous: 1990 Ski Nautique

Comment

Originally posted by DLafont

I think you mean SMASHVILLE!! Your rink looks like one hopping place to catch a game, especially during playoffs!! That wall of gold is something!! Go Preds! (big PK fan...)

Oh and btw, to the OP, nice boat!!
          Yes for sure! I was able to go to a preds playoff game last year and it was amazing. The rink stays loud for most games though. I could only imagine how loud it was for that sweep!

Comment

Refreshed the teak today. The cheap bungees work perfect too. Tested on a surfboard and wakeboard.

Comment

Comment

Kick *** boat!

Comment

That is gonna be a LOT of fun. Pic of little one brings back memories.

Sent from my iPad using PLT Nautique

Comment

Originally posted by vacooley View Post
                    That is gonna be a LOT of fun. Pic of little one brings back memories.

Sent from my iPad using PLT Nautique
                    Yes we are loving it so far, and have already put about 25-30 hours on it since getting it! Little fella is addicted to the boat this year, and asks all the time if we are going on the boat today.

Comment

Was a great season on the boat. About 80 hours on it, and that was with a lot of anchored time. Sunset pic was from Saturday and was possibly the last day out this year. Now time to clean and upgrade it for the next few months!
                      Attached Files

Comment

Nice! I picked up my '03 in late June of this year, selling a well-loved older Supra. Similar to you, we have put on about 90 hours and our kids have been loving the boat all summer - not the case with the louder, less-comfortable Supra. We were out last weekend and might get another day this coming weekend before finally calling it a season. Glad to see you're loving it as much as we love ours.
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2475021.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	540895Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2474020.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	540896

Comment

Originally posted by functionoverfashion View Post
                          Nice! I picked up my '03 in late June of this year, selling a well-loved older Supra. Similar to you, we have put on about 90 hours and our kids have been loving the boat all summer - not the case with the louder, less-comfortable Supra. We were out last weekend and might get another day this coming weekend before finally calling it a season. Glad to see you're loving it as much as we love ours.
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2475021.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	540895Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2474020.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	540896
                          I followed your purchase thread and posted about your bimini! I still firmly believe that is about the sickest gel scheme ever on one of these!

Comment

I followed your purchase thread and posted about your bimini! I still firmly believe that is about the sickest gel scheme ever on one of these!
                            Haha, that's right! Well, thanks, we've gotten a lot of compliments on the boat over the summer. People can't believe it's an '03, but our lake isn't filled to the brim with new wake boats, either. More and more are appearing though! My only issue with the color scheme is the gel is faded in particular on the top where it gets the most sun. This will be the story of my life with a colored top cap. I'm considering having a new cover made that goes all the way over the rub rails, that would help obviously.

The bimini was fantastic. I adjusted it once over the summer, otherwise it stayed put and provided great shade on the hottest days. It's so nice to be able to walk under it; my old boat had a very low bimini, but then it wasn't a bowrider so that was intentional.

Comment

Originally posted by functionoverfashion View Post

Haha, that's right! Well, thanks, we've gotten a lot of compliments on the boat over the summer. People can't believe it's an '03, but our lake isn't filled to the brim with new wake boats, either. More and more are appearing though! My only issue with the color scheme is the gel is faded in particular on the top where it gets the most sun. This will be the story of my life with a colored top cap. I'm considering having a new cover made that goes all the way over the rub rails, that would help obviously.

The bimini was fantastic. I adjusted it once over the summer, otherwise it stayed put and provided great shade on the hottest days. It's so nice to be able to walk under it; my old boat had a very low bimini, but then it wasn't a bowrider so that was intentional.
                              Definitely get a new cover. Mine goes over the rub rail and it works great (came with the boat). We had an over tower similar to yours on our last boat and loved it, hate my current one!

Comment

Definitely get a new cover. Mine goes over the rub rail and it works great (came with the boat). We had an over tower similar to yours on our last boat and loved it, hate my current one!
                                My only thing with an over-rubrail cover, is my boat sits at my dock and rubs on the posts with the rubrail all the time. I could have our canvas guy put a big heavy piece of something on the cover along that rubrail, which I've seen from time to time. He's local so it's easy to have him replace the piece when it eventually wears out.

Comment

Working...
                                X