No announcement yet.

Gs22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally had a perfect day to try everything today.
    With 2 people on the boat and nearly full fuel, the ski wake is very nice at 15 off and 32mph, there is a bump and some prop spray, but its a soft transition, it's definitely not a Ski Nautique wake, but that's impossible with a boat this size. 22 off is a little better and there isn't any spray. Speeding up only makes it better. I'm looking forward to skiing with much less fuel. One thing I have found is that the boat is very sensitive to weight side to side, it really needs to be balanced to produce a decent ski wake (other wakes can be tuned using the ballast shift).

We're experimenting with the surf wave a lot, trying to find the sweet spot for everyone (it seems everyone want's something different), it's getting better, the best part of it is that we can tune it to the riders preference, changing the NSS changes the shape dramatically. The stock wave (11.2mph and NSS at 0) has a trick table close to the boat (that's the best way I can describe it, it has a steep lower part and a more flat upper). Changing the speed and NSS has allowed us to make the wave a little steeper and remove the step in the wave. I'm holding off on adding additional ballast, though there is plenty of room for it, I have two 750# bags standing by for when we have exhausted the speed/nss/stock ballast settings.

We didn't have a wakeboarder onboard today, but with the tanks half full and 22mph for skating it was a nice wake.

Were getting more comfortable with the storage and the electronics. I've added some hangers in the rear lockers to hang tow lines and loose things from just to keep them from getting lost in the storage compartments, I'm about to add a couple of storage nets to hold small loose things such as ski gloves, sunscreen and misc stuff. We've put 16 hours on the boat and i keep finding more things I like about it every time I'm on it.

One thing I forgot to mention, for those that are looking at the 22 that have either small children or people that have difficulty with pulling themselves up, with no ballast the swim platform sits about 6" out of the water, with full ballast it's only slightly lower, the promo pictures with the wakeboarder on the platform and the platform at water level are very misleading. I now see why they offer the boarding ladder as an option.
    Last edited by MikeC; 04-19-2017, 09:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeC View Post
      ally had a perfect day to try everything today.
      With 2 people on the boat and nearly full fuel, the ski wake is very nice at 15 off and 32mph, there is a bump and some prop spray, but its a soft transition, it's definitely not a Ski Nautique wake, but that's impossible with a boat this size. 22 off is a little better and there isn't any spray. Speeding up only makes it better. I'm looking forward to skiing with much less fuel. One thing I have found is that the boat is very sensitive to weight side to side, it really needs to be balanced to produce a decent ski wake (other wakes can be tuned using the ballast shift).

We're experimenting with the surf wave a lot, trying to find the sweet spot for everyone (it seems everyone want's something different), it's getting better, the best part of it is that we can tune it to the riders preference, changing the NSS changes the shape dramatically. The stock wave (11.2mph and NSS at 0) has a trick table close to the boat (that's the best way I can describe it, it has a steep lower part and a more flat upper). Changing the speed and NSS has allowed us to make the wave a little steeper and remove the step in the wave. I'm holding off on adding additional ballast, though there is plenty of room for it, I have two 750# bags standing by for when we have exhausted the speed/nss/stock ballast settings.

We didn't have a wakeboarder onboard today, but with the tanks half full and 22mph for skating it was a nice wake.

Were getting more comfortable with the storage and the electronics. I've added some hangers in the rear lockers to hang tow lines and loose things from just to keep them from getting lost in the storage compartments, I'm about to add a couple of storage nets to hold small loose things such as ski gloves, sunscreen and misc stuff. We've put 16 hours on the boat and i keep finding more things I like about it every time I'm on it.

One thing I forgot to mention, for those that are looking at the 22 that have either small children or people that have difficulty with pulling themselves up, with no ballast the swim platform sits about 6" out of the water, with full ballast it's only slightly lower, the promo pictures with the wakeboarder on the platform and the platform at water level are very misleading. I now see why they offer the boarding ladder as an option.
      Mike,

What kind of hangers did you add for hanging tow ropes on? Can you post some pics? I would like some ideas on how to store tow ropes so they don't get tangled. It seemed that the items in the storage compartments of my 210 were always a cluttered mess. My GS20 will be in in a few days and since I'm starting with a clean slate I would like to get everything organized in a way that is sustainable and doesn't end up in a mess after a month.
      2007 Malibu Wakesetter 23 LSV, 1995 Cobalt 200

Comment

I went cheap and simple, I wanted something the folded out of the way, and I found a few possible solutions, but I was in the hardware store and saw these, so I decided to give them a try. So far so good, I use a velcro wrap with an eye on it to hang the lines. Click image for larger version

Name:	hangar.jpeg
Views:	272
Size:	78.9 KB
ID:	517996

Comment

We did a factory tour while the boat was in production, well worth the time and effort to see it. Plus you get a feeling for the people and how the company is run, if you read NautiqueJeff's link to the Industry Today article, you'll see what they are talking about in action.

So far the only problem I have encountered with the boat is the Boatmate trailer - seems the bunks are too low (or the prop guard too high - same result) the prop hits the prop guard - they sent a quick fix but I don't know what the end result will be, but I know the shims are not the answer, right now I have less than a quarter of an inch between the prop and the guard. Hopefully they'll have that figured out for the 22 before you get yours.
          Mike,

Did you get the issue resolved with your prop hitting the prop guard? My GS20 is in at Marinemax and I wonder if it will be an issue for me as well.

Comment

I think the GS20 trailers are ok. There have been plenty of GS20s delivered so I'd think if there was a problem it would have been fixed by now.
            I'm supposed to take mine in and they're going to rebuild the prop guard, it's a Boatmate fix, I talked to the customer service rep at Boatmate and he said they had to do the same fix to GS22 trailers that hadn't left the factory yet. Seems someone in their engineering dept missed a decimal point or something.

Comment

Glad you are getting it resolved.

Comment

Mike,

Is it true that the cushions in cockpit are NOT mounted on hinges? Someone here said that was the case in GS boats. Looking to confirm.

-Charles

Comment

Originally posted by charlesml3 View Post
                  Mike,

Is it true that the cushions in cockpit are NOT mounted on hinges? Someone here said that was the case in GS boats. Looking to confirm.

-Charles
                  they are hinged
                  from beyond 2014 X-46 2014 X-30 2013X-30 2006 X2

Comment

the cushion over the batteries isn't hinged, all others are hinged.

Comment

The cushion in the middle of the rear seat is not hinged, nor are any of the bow cushions.

Comment

Originally posted by HVL2010 View Post
                        The cushion in the middle of the rear seat is not hinged, nor are any of the bow cushions.
                        I don't keep the middle cushion in the boat, it's a step to me. And the bow seats, well, we were just talking about the cushions in the cockpit.

Comment

Finally had a perfect day to try everything today.

Did you you ever add the extra weight? Did it make the surf and wakeboard wake much bigger?

Comment

Working...
                          X