Padlewheel Perfect Pass 230

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Padlewheel Perfect Pass 230

Does somebody know where to find a complete new paddlewheel with wire until the computer?
    I have found a repair kit on Nautiqueparts, but no complete paddlewheel.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G975F met Tapatalk

230 with ZR6 running on propane

Have you tried calling perfect pass? In my experience, they are super helpful.

Comment

They have this listed on their parts page.

ST300 Paddle Wheel Kit (Complete with hull housing) * On Backorder until Fall 2022 *

http://perfectpass.com/?q=parts

Comment

Is this it?

https://www.overtons.com/raymarine-s...B&gclsrc=aw.ds

Comment

It is not the Overton one unfortunately.

I will call PerfectPass, but it doesn't sound good on their website. Also tried SkiDim, but no luck so far..

Comment

Curious what the problem is. Mine was failing, and I just installed a Nautic Laugic Gps speed converter. It supplies a GPS speed signal to a paddle wheel Perfect Pass system. It works really well. Unfortunately, my display then died the following year, so I had to do the Star Gazer upgrade.

Seriously check out the Nautic Laugic--it's a great option, and their customer service was great for me.

Comment

Thank you for the feedback.

I don't want to go to the GPS based solution, because mainly we board on a river and there the GPS is not working greatly.

Problem is that the speed read out on the speedo and perfect pass is very low (going 30mph shows 20mph). This is suddenly the case. I cannot check the paddle wheel at the moment as the boat is in the water, but I hope/expect it is the paddlewheel went bad. But going on boat holiday next week and want to make sure I have a backup paddle wheel at home.

Comment

Good luck, then. If you can't get the PW fixed, I don't think you have an option other than GPS.

Comment

Given the nature of how paddle wheel speed sensor work, if you're getting a speed but it's slow then there is a good chance there is debris in the paddlewheel or paddlewheel itself is damaged. When the overall unit breaks, you typically don't get a speed reading at all. So the rebuild kit with a new paddlewheel is likely all you need.

Comment

I found a rebuilt kit locally. So going to try that first this weekend. I keep you updated.

Yesterday on G21 with river mode GPS system, but I really don't like this system. At bridges or when the water is a bit more shallow the speed is always off. Going up or downstream you need to change the speed direction on the GPS.

Am I the only one with this annoyance, I found the old skool perfect pass much better on the river.

Comment

I replaced my paddle wheel module with a new one this year. Its plug and play with the correct connectors. I got mine from Miami Nautique. I am on a river and like the paddle
                      wheel better with the current and the bridges. Going under the bridge with the GPS always scares me even though I know the surge is coming. I like the old school here, never any issues unless the wheel gets bent by the trailer bunk this spring.

Comment

All fixed. Got the paddle wheel repair kit for €40 and working flawless again. Up to another 15 year of hassle free speeds .

Comment

Yes. That's usually the problem if the transducer is working but the speed is off. You hit a stick or something that broke a flute off the paddle wheel. I usually have to replace the wheel on mine once a season or so.

-Charles

Comment

Working...
                          X