Blue Drain Plugs 2016 H6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue Drain Plugs 2016 H6

If there is no chance of temps below 50 degrees, is it necessary to remove blue plugs and drain for winter storage?
    2016 G23

No.

Comment

Define no chance. Are you talking about Texas during the ice storm last year as no chance of below 50 degrees? Lots of cracked blocks last year from that.....

Comment

its in a garage in my house.
        2016 G23

Comment

Living in MN, I can't relate.

It's 80 today, but snow next week wouldn't be unheard of.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Whitetail15 View Post
            its in a garage in my house.
            Yeah, that's not "no chance" unless you live in Florida which you may, can't tell from your from your tag line. If not ask someone from Texas about last February.....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2021_Texas_power_crisis

Here's what my response would be to someone asking this question up here in the north......
            • Are the chances slim you'll have an issue in heated storage? Yes, it is rare that you would have a power failure and the weather that would cause a problem. I also know people that just pull their boat into heated storage, do absolutely nothing and have never had a problem.
            • Can you have a problem? Absolutely, I presented the link above about Texas last February and I've heard other stories throughout the years that involved Murphy's law.
            • Have I heard of people having issues when storing their boats in their attached garages and freezing? Absolutely but I live in Michigan and we have a less than stellar power outage record in the area I live. We can also get some crazy cold weather.
            For the limited amount of time/effort it takes to drain the block on your system IMO it would be well worth doing. If nothing else just to be safe and stop corrosion from occurring. But for me it's always time versus money and risk versus reward. I don't have the cash or time to spend fixing a cracked block or heat exchanger for the sport of it. For me,the time/effort to mitigate the risk is well worth any reward of not doing so.

But then again those equations are mine, yours may be very different.

Comment

Mine stays in the basement in AL and I still pull the strainer and both manifold plugs. The rest I don't have being a coastal edition/Heater.

Comment

Draining the water out is straight forward and will give you peace of mind that no matter what the weather brings you are good. If your wrong it’s a $10,000 mistake!

i store my boat over the winter in our attached garage. I drain in case of power outage, or someone leaving the garage door open by accident over night…
                Last edited by jmo; 10-13-2021, 09:40 AM.
                2018 Ski Nautique 200 TE, H6
                - 2006 Ski Nautique 196 LE, Excalibur 330
                - 2001 Super Sport Nautique, GT40

Comment

Working...
                X