2008 Super air 220 TE engine replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008 Super air 220 TE engine replacement

Hey, anyone have an idea what it would cost materials and labor to replace engine with a new one?(2008 220 TE) Currently has the PCM 343 in her. And what the engine alone costs? Thanks

https://boats-from-usa.com/not-speci...cm-ex-343-9236

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks like a good way to repower to get Zero-Off.

Comment

Yea it would,especially if you have a time machine to go back to 2014 to go get it.....
        Last edited by gary s; 12-18-2020, 06:19 PM.

Comment

Depends on who you trust to do it and which direction you go for the engine. In all likelihood you're probably going to change out the long block or short block depending on the reason for replacement. A new long block is going to cost you somewhere in the neighborhood of $4K after shipping and possibly a core charge. Michigan Motorz is pretty popular around here for replacements but many like the re-manufactured engines from Jasper. Here's a link to a sample at MM....

https://www.michiganmotorz.com/5-7l-...nt-replacement

The labor is the wild card here. Depending on who's doing the work and what is entailed for your boat you can expect anywhere from a grand to 3 grand. Best place to start to get realistic estimates is at your Nautique dealer then work from there and weigh the risks/rewards of going elsewhere.
          Last edited by bturner; 12-19-2020, 08:06 AM.

Comment

Had some pretty decent freeze damage over the winter a year and a half ago and ended up ordering a new crate motor (and V-drive) direct from Nautique... All said and done it was just under $25k. I did end up upgrading to the 6.0l, but there wasn't a huge difference in price (relatively, maybe $1000).

Without a decent independent boat mechanic you're pretty much bent over a barrel if you don't want to do the work yourself. The block is the same as the truck version, but PCM uses a custom ECM and cam (heads too maybe, cant remember) so you can get a 5.3 bobtail but you have to pull all the internals out of the old engine. Every way I tried to go to get things done cheaper would basically result in zero warranty, a bunch of aging parts that I had to re-use, and a ton of labor.

I think the motor was around $12k and it would have cost me more to have my dealer swap the parts on a bobtail so I reluctantly went with the new motor. The other 12k ended up covering removal and install of new motor, shaft alignment, some raw water plumbing parts/labor (I think the 6.0 needed larger hoses) and some maintenance work (new prop shaft seal).

The dealer did have some trouble getting the new motor to connect to the gauges and perfect pass, so after some updates and back and fourth Nautique ended up covering a zero-off GPS unit.

Comment

www.MichiganMotorz.com

Lots of choices for re-power.

Comment

Working...
              X