Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1000 hours=new transmission??

Hi everybody,

I'm getting near to the process of putting our baby up for sale...(to upgrade to a GS22)... talking with my dealer of a possible trade, and he is telling me that past 1000 hours the trany has to be rebuilt...???? What the ****....

Question, how many of you over the 1k hours have had to rebuild trany's??

In my opinion he's looking for a reason to low ball me in my trade..

What do you guys think??

Please don't hold back, share you thoughts.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

I think it’s a PCM power plus. It’s not the weak spot in that drivetrain. That would be the Wolters V-drive. But still, it’s not likely to fail at 1,000. It’s certainly not automatic. Has your dealer inspected the boat and has some reason to suspect the transmission may be on its way out?

Comment

I've already redonne the gasket on the v-drive at 700hrs ish....
      No they have not inspected it... just a general assumption that it fails at those hours...

I think the guy is simply trying to be a smart ***...

Comment

There is nothing special about the 1000 hour barrier except the psychological barrier. It doesn’t have to be rebuilt unless it stops working.

Comment

My B.S.-O-Meter is going off. A well-cared for tranny should be able to go 1,500 to 2,000 hours before a rebuild.

JQ

Comment

Just crossed 1000 hrs this season in my 1995 Super Sport. No issues yet... fingers crossed. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKmeV8PALwU&t=1s

Comment

Originally posted by wakeballer View Post
              Just crossed 1000 hrs this season in my 1995 Super Sport. No issues yet... fingers crossed. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKmeV8PALwU&t=1s
              That youtube video is a beauty, eh?

Comment

Not a very trustworthy dealer right there. 1000hrs doesn’t mean automatic rebuild. Especially if they haven’t even gone through the boat.

WAKEBALLER sock video link. Nice edit there. Try either adding more weight to surf side , or letting just bit out of non surf side and get rid of he wash for the ladies.

Comment

Not a very trustworthy dealer right there. 1000hrs doesn’t mean automatic rebuild. Especially if they haven’t even gone through the boat.

WAKEBALLER sock video link. Nice edit there. Try either adding more weight to surf side , or letting just bit out of non surf side and get rid of he wash for the ladies.

Comment

I have over 1200 hours on my 08 210 engine ,trans and V drive all still problem free. I change the engine and trans oil every 50 hours V drive gets inspected . I think I will change the V drive oil this winter. The only thing that did go out at 1000 hours is the hour gauge it was designed to stop at 999.9?????

Comment

1075 hours on my 2012 210TE. No issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Nautiquehunter View Post
                        I have over 1200 hours on my 08 210 engine ,trans and V drive all still problem free. I change the engine and trans oil every 50 hours V drive gets inspected . I think I will change the V drive oil this winter. The only thing that did go out at 1000 hours is the hour gauge it was designed to stop at 999.9?????
                        Did you keep your hour meter like that? or you reset it? or you changed it?..
                        Mine stored at 1089... don't know what to do with it now???

Comment

Originally posted by Nautiquehunter View Post
                          I F'n hate that it does that... ****ty there's no fix either..

Comment

i installed a $20.00 hour meter in the engine compartment to time oil changes. There is no fix that I am aware of for the original gauge . Pretty scary considering the amount of electronics they use on the new boats.

Comment

Working...
                            X