2010 210 TE Linc system not turning on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010 210 TE Linc system not turning on

Any ideas on things to check as to why the Linc will not turn on? You can see some screen change when powering the boat on, but no buttons work, radio doesn’t play (Bluetooth does third party), analog speedometer and Tachometer work. checked wiring in the back nothing noticeably incorrect/unplugged.

Previously they display would invert and show upside down, but a bang on dash would get it working eventually.

Really not looking forward to dropping $4-5k on a replacement.
    Last edited by NautiquesRock; 09-06-2020, 05:56 PM.

I read that it was made by a company called Murphy [http://www.murcal.com/murphy/murphy_powerview.html] Maybe you could contact them and see if they can fix it?

Comment

These posts would seem to be getting more common. Here's the link to Murphy which would appear to be the company that supplied displays for Nautique....

https://fwmurphy.com/contact

Comment

NautiquesRock, please let us know what the resolution is. Many of us have Linc 1’s. thanks

Comment

I replace the whole unit and everything is in working order. According to the dealership wants these things stop working is absolutely no fixing up. I do have a buddy that’s good with electronics I’m gonna see if he wants to attempt to try and figure out what went wrong. If I get any updates I’ll be happy to share.

Comment

So just to be clear, you found a replacement? If so, do you mind me asking where and how much it cost?

Comment

Correct the dealership happed to have one in stock, was able to plug it in and test to make sure it worked. It was $4,800, hard pill to swallow.

Comment

I’m just glad to know it’s still possible to find a LINC 1. Thanks for the update.

Comment

Decided to take the Linc apart to see if I could trace down anything obvious and noticed some corrosion on the back of the first board. Going to take it my buddy the works on electronics and see if a clean will resolve the problem.

Click image for larger version

Name:	4DDE633D-00E7-4915-B7DB-53BDB3D13994.jpeg
Views:	392
Size:	123.6 KB
ID:	625107

Comment

I’m very interested in that side of things. Any chance you can get some more pics of the tear down?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	E030419B-E701-46FB-B029-B3E77D75E73F.jpeg
Views:	337
Size:	135.0 KB
ID:	625117
                      Attached Files

Comment

Pretty straight forward disassembly.

Comment

Contact Murphy and see if they will sell you a replacement board. If you got the old unit working I would guess it’s worth at least a grand

Comment

$4800.00 I am so glad I have a 08 with no links system. This is just the start with these floating spaceships?

Comment

Originally posted by Nautiquehunter View Post
                              $4800.00 I am so glad I have a 08 with no links system. This is just the start with these floating spaceships?
                              Doesn’t the 08 run through a Faria box? When LINC 1 is truly NLA like The Faria box it’s going to have a similar solution. My guess is the 3-in-1 and 4-in-1 gauges will be used since they’re 5” and will fit where the current LINC 1 gauges are now. Then you’d just need to fabricate something to mount a ZeroOff controller and ballast gauges where the LINC screen used to be. LINC 2 will be harder to replace because more is integrated into the screen and the dash doesn’t really have anywhere for gauges but more units were produced so it will probably be around a lot longer. We’ll have time.

Comment

Working...
                              X