Advice on water spots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on water spots

Currently looking at a 2019 G23 and noticed some water spots on the interior windshield trim piece. Spoke with the salesman and was informed that they had tried to remove them however it seems as though they are not coming off. Was wondering if anyone else has had this experience and if this is any indication of the boat previously being utilized in salt water.
    Attached Files

If hard water spots...then try some white vinegar...

Comment

I would be willing to be that will wipe right off with some hot sauce

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Ian S
      2014 SANTE. NSS. Pro balllast. Boatmate trailer
      2004 SANTE. 4000 lb ballast, 2013 graphics (prev). Ramlin trailer
      2009 Moomba Outback (prev). Boatmate trailer

Comment

Try some spray wax.

Comment

Appreciate the suggestions. We have tried vinegar and various other sprays with absolutely no luck.

Comment

Try a bit of toilet bowl cleaner....full strength..

Comment

If using toilet bowl cleaner with Hydrochloric Acid/Chorine I would be very cautious using it on the tower and any metal parts. Hydrochloric acid is very corrosive. Chlorine of course has potential to bleach anything it touches

Comment

I have had success with this stuff. https://www.chemicalguys.com/marine-.../MBW10316.html

Comment

If white vinegar and water did nothing, then these are not water spots. Water spots are calcium deposits that are left when the water evaporates. Vinegar is VERY effective at dissolving those.

-Charles

Comment

Try WD-40

Comment

Originally posted by charlesml3 View Post
                      If white vinegar and water did nothing, then these are not water spots. Water spots are calcium deposits that are left when the water evaporates. Vinegar is VERY effective at dissolving those.

-Charles
                      Yeah it looks like a chemical product of some sort was splashed on there. A 2019 wouldnt have water spots that cannot easily be removed with white vinegar or other similar products. Make the dealer put on a new frame. Its a year old boat and it should look like one.

Comment

Funny but Ive noticed these spots on various late model pre-owned G's that I was looking at and wasnt sure what it could be. I really appreciate all the feedback but I have now decided to order a new G23 and not worry about it.

Comment

Working...
                        X