Drain points for DEX-COOL in ZR409

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drain points for DEX-COOL in ZR409

I want to change out the DEX-COOL this winter in my 2014 ZR409 "partial full" closed cooled system. I figure its time and its recommended every 5yrs anyway.

Trying to confirm all the DEX-COOL drain points so I can get it all out to replace with fresh coolant and don't see any diagrams for this in my manual. I assume that the drain points would include:

*Removing the knock sensors to drain the engine block
    *The hose at the engine circulating water pump pipe
    *The drain plug at heat exchanger
    *Remove the 2 heater hoses
    *Remove hoses to the overflow bottle

Am I missing anything obvious.....and does anyone have any clue approx how many gallons the system takes to re-fill?
    After draining and before filling with new coolant, is there any way to "flush" it just to make sure that any potential debris/scale from the coolant loosing alkanitity? Or maybe easiest to just use a shop vac at each drain point to remove everything possible when its draining and/or get an extra gallon to pour thru system to flush before reinstalling the plugs.

Appreciate any tips

I followed a similar plan with my 409 and it worked well. Impossible to get everything but you will get a majority. Key is to try and keep from making a mess, keep antifreeze away from carpet.

I can't remember how much it was but it isn't a ton, couple gallons if I remember correctly, then just keep an eye on the overflow when you put it back in operation.
    2018 200 Team H6
    2009 196 Team ZR 409
    2005 196 Limited ZR 375
    2003 196 Limited Excalibur
    1999 196 Masters Edition
    1995 ProStar 190 LT1 (Bayliner)
    1987 ProStar 190

Comment

Working...
    X