No announcement yet.

2001 Sport Nautique GT 40 Starter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As said before, it really sounds like the wires to the starter relay are misplaced.I would double and triple check before spending a bunch of money.

Comment

The dealer replaced the PDM, Power Distribution Block, I think they called it. The module under the dash with all the breakers on it. Didn’t work. You know anybody that wants to buy one? The took the ECM module out and are sending it back to Pleasurecraft Marine to see if that’s the problem. They are stumped.

Comment

]Not yet, I took the boat from our local marina to the Nautique dealer. They never saw that problem before. They were in touch with the factory and they recommended changing the “PCM” module I think they called it. It’s the module that has all the circuit breakers under the dash. It is on order and should be here soon. Let you know how I make out.[/QUOTE]

Comment

I didn’t see your post about double checking the starter relay. Didn’t realize there was a second page. The funny thing is the boat ran fine in the yard after replacing the starter. It wasn’t until we brought it to the lake that we had the problem. I told our local dealer to double check them, I even gave him the prints. I agree though. I’m going to call the dealer on Monday. And tell them to recheck it. It wont hurt! Thanks.

Comment

Not a happy Nautique owner right now. Got a call from the dealer today. ECM came back from Pleasurecraft and it checked out good. ARGH.. Asked to re-check the starter relay wiring and was told they cant. To busy with winterizing now. After $1800 and 2 months we have gotten nowhere. I was told to bring it back after Memorial Day next year. You have to be kidding.

Comment

Anybody want to buy a brand new 2001 Nautique keypad or a 2000-2002 breaker box (PME)?

Comment

Wow, not very impressed with your dealer.

Comment

Had a similar problem at the beginning of the season, boat ran at home went to put it in water and just clicking. Ran through it with the meter checked the battery etc. finally narrowed it down to the bad accessory keypad. Because the accessory keypad was bad it acted like i was holding down all of the accessory buttons at the same time so when I would push start it would either get no signal or not enough to actually crank the boat. I determined it was bad by disconnecting it and the then the boat would act normal.

Comment

Boat is stored for the winter. Thanks, will check it out in the spring. A couple of the buttons are acting a little flakey.

Comment

Originally posted by RJP56 View Post
                      Boat is stored for the winter. Thanks, will check it out in the spring. A couple of the buttons are acting a little flakey.
                      Where are you located? This should not be hard to find.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Comment

We are in Northwestern CT. Boat is in storage until spring. We cant get to it.

Comment

Did you replace the wiring inside the fuel canister? They make a replacement kit. The original is plastic and can break so you don't get a good connection and your fuel pump doesn't engage. This happened to me after I replaced the fuel pump. It took me replacing like 10 things before I figured this out.

Comment

Man, this sounds like a nightmare. Electronics and water are so finicky.

I would say try the keypad. It sounds like those buttons aren't working well anyway, so you might as well replace it before it does become a problem.

Wish you the best of Luck RJP56

Comment

Also, there is a good Nautique dealer in North Jersey if you're not too far away in CT. Try Off Shore Marine in Branchville, NJ. I always hear good things about that place

Comment

I don't believe it, boat is back to running fine! It came out of storage a few weeks ago and finally had a chance to put back together and look at it. I had the electrical print for the harness and checked the wiring to the new stater relay and it was fine. Argh! Thought to myself replacing the original one didn' t work so I figured I had nothing to lose so I put the old one back in and the boat starts and shuts off fine! Doesn't say much for my local marina or our Nautique dealer! I spent $1800.00 for nothing. The only thing that seems to make sense to me was originally I had a bad connection somewhere. Battery or starter maybe. After replacing it, the new starter relay must have shorted internally causing the boat to not shut off. Anybody want to buy a never used 2001 Nautique Breaker Box? I sure hope this post helps someone else so they don't have the same ordeal I had!

Comment

Working...
                                X