Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Above average amount of warranty issues on brand new G series boat?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Above average amount of warranty issues on brand new G series boat?

Curious if anyone has seen an above average amount of warranty issues on their new G series boat? I have less than 25 hours on my 2018 G23 and have had the following happen:
    • JL Audio stereo went out - volume locked on 50 and would not go down / could not be fixed
    • Armrest and front driver panel fell off first time off boat
    • Linc screen was having issues & cracked - had to be replaced
    • Exhaust manifold sensorson engine went out and needed to be replaced
      • Boat shut down on the water and I received signal "STOP, shutdown engine and take appropriate action! Contact dealer Immediately. DTC 1427: Exhaust Riser Water Temperature (ERWT)1 higher than expected stage 2. SPN: 1385. FMI: 0
    • Transmission could not find neutral & would just go forward & reverse
      • Entire transmission is currently being replaced.
    • Bell Housing has 3 inch crack in it
      • Engine is out of the boat and bell housing being replaced (assumingly due to transmission failure)
    This is the first Nautique I have owned & bought the G23 due to it being relatively bullet proof (and of course the amazing surf wave.)

My wife & I have taken the boat out 5 times & owned less than 8 months. 3 of those 5 times taking the boat out for the weekend we could not move more than 100 feet off the launch due to warranty issues. We did by the boat brand new from Sun Country Marine in SoCal & it just had the initial testing hours on the boat from Nautique. Again, boat currently has under 25 hours on it.

Have other Nautique owners had these kind of major issues on a new boat?

Click image for larger version

Name:	6342508_20171012103712772_1_XLARGE.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	45.2 KB
ID:	588055

Wow some major issues occurring for a boat so new. With all those issues, you think Nautique would get you a replacement G23? I would at least ask that question to your dealer

Comment

Ya that's rough. I hate to say it, it seems like there are just some boats that are like this. You get one issue fixed and a new one pops up. If it is any consolation, Nautique will fix things and the problems will eventually shake out. It just gets kind of frustrating as you work through it.

Comment

I would ask, no demand a refund or a new boat. Not sure you could trust it enough to truly enjoy a long ride.

Comment

Originally posted by GMLIII View Post
          Wow some major issues occurring for a boat so new. With all those issues, you think Nautique would get you a replacement G23? I would at least ask that question to your dealer
          Agree with this.

Comment

I agree that it should be replaced and have asked Nautique to get me into a new one. They disagree and say it's a $40K difference to get me into a new boat. This makes no sense to me as I just bought it. Depreciation on a boat is bad enough, but to sell a boat with a replaced transmission (amongst all these other problems) is going to be impossible and to me it would be wrong to hide the problems when selling. I believe in transparency when selling / buying goods. Nautique wants me to take the loss vs. them.

Comment

Did you talk to the dealer or directly to Nautique.....is the $40k difference the amount between msrp to msrp, or sales price on the new one compared what you paid for your boat?

​​No one would be happy to be in a situation like yours and would want a resolution, I would talk directly to Nautique, keeping conversation calm and non-threatening. Explain the situation/issues that have been had and ask them what they would want done if they were in your shoes. Nautique/CorrectCraft is a stand up company and I would think that if approached correctly there should be a resolution if you both have open minds. Keep in mind that there is a price difference anyway you cut it so expect to compromise some.

Comment

Originally posted by blueroom View Post
                Ya that's rough. I hate to say it, it seems like there are just some boats that are like this. You get one issue fixed and a new one pops up. If it is any consolation, Nautique will fix things and the problems will eventually shake out. It just gets kind of frustrating as you work through it.
                It does help that Nautique is fixing them, but it doesn't help make the boat a "non-lemon" in my eyes.

Not only have spent a lot of money to buy the boat, but then my wife & I then spend additional money to take these long holiday weekends. The result is the same. Us footing the bill for both the boat & trips with not boat to use. We live 4 hours from Lake Havasu / Mohave so we tow the boat out there (5+ hours) to then be continually skunked and have to hang out on the shore all day.

On the latest trip, which is the very reason I bought the boat, we towed the boat across the country with our RV to spend a month with family working remote on Lake Keowee, S.C. and again no boat to use. Initial goal was to hit lakes on our adventure to the east coast but that was ditched when the boat did not work. Now, since we arrived at Lake Keowee, it been in the shop for over a week. I was not offered a loaner boat, or any other solution, except to get it fixed. I offered to take a new in-stock boat they had on the floor which had less features than mine, & a lower sticker price for an equivalent payment. I just wanted a working boat to enjoy with family as my time on this lake is limited but Nautique said it was challenging due to swapping / selling boats across dealer lines & territories. That should be Nautique's problem to sort out who takes the loss.

To be fair, Nautique / PCM did rush in a transmission & bell housing, & the local dealer Water Sports Central has been phenomenal at taking the boat in to get it repaired. Nonetheless, from my vantage point & being the one who is paying the bill, this should be expected with these type of issue on a premium product.

Comment

Originally posted by Infinity View Post
                  Did you talk to the dealer or directly to Nautique.....is the $40k difference the amount between msrp to msrp, or sales price on the new one compared what you paid for your boat?

​​No one would be happy to be in a situation like yours and would want a resolution, I would talk directly to Nautique, keeping conversation calm and non-threatening. Explain the situation/issues that have been had and ask them what they would want done if they were in your shoes. Nautique/CorrectCraft is a stand up company and I would think that if approached correctly there should be a resolution if you both have open minds. Keep in mind that there is a price difference anyway you cut it so expect to compromise some.
                  It's a bit of a tough situation & not ideal on either side so we do need to work together for a resolution. In my mind, which obviously I am a bit biased, but being a paying customer that bought a new boat priority one should be making me happy (within reason) and other losses should absorbed by Nautique / PCM / the transmission manufacturer.

I am very patient & have been more than friendly through the whole ordeal. My warranty issues have now been escalated at Nautique where I am working with Ron Nace, head of customer service, and Sherwood Starbird, lead at PCM. Plus I am working with my original dealer, Sun Country, and the dealer fixing the boat, Water Sports Central in Seneca, S.C. All conversations have been pleasant and Water Sports Central has gone above and beyond to work towards resolution. Main problem of getting me into a new boat is they cannot mark a new boat down in price, or do the swap on mine, without Nautique stepping in to make them whole.

On previous engine issues, I did work with Sherwood from PCM when he helped trouble shoot my exhaust manifold sensors going out.

On all issues and the boat as a whole, Nautique has offered an extended warranty for one year ,which does help, however the new transmission will have a new 5 year warranty anyway so it's not like much of a concession is being made. I agree that a new boat of equivalent value is the right move as warranty issues have piled up beyond a typical new boat break-in situation.

I will post more as this situation unfolds and I appreciate everyone's feedback as this is my first Nautique.

Comment

Originally posted by Infinity View Post

Forgot to answer the $40K difference. This amount is being told to me by Nautique directly. Not sure how they are figuring the math as MSRP on the new boat is right at $200K. My boats MSRP was $202K so just barely more. My guess is they do not want to discount to preserve additional profit.

There is an issue with sales tax as I have already paid the 7.75% Huntington Beach sales tax on the new boat and refuse to pay another $15K in sales tax to get a replacement boat. So, that cost will have to be absorbed by someone.

Comment

I noticed you have a 2017 G23 Coastal. Any major issues you have experienced?

Comment

Originally posted by Adrenaline1 View Post

Agree with this.
                        Any problems on your new GS22?

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan_2018_G23 View Post

I noticed you have a 2017 G23 Coastal. Any major issues you have experienced?
                          I have over 300 hours on it now and my only parts replaced under warranty are both rack swivels and a ballast pressure sensor

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan_2018_G23 View Post

Any problems on your new GS22?
                            Nothing major with mine. I expect the small things to be taken care of without any trouble by my dealer when I take it in for the 25 hour service. I just do not like hearing about companies (especially the ones who claim to be the best) that sell products and do not properly stand behind them. You chose to spend your money with Nautique on a product that is significantly marked up and they need to make it right. So I hope they do, good luck. Nautique is supposed to be the best. Be the best, that is what we paid for. Hopefully they are not getting too big to care about every customer.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrenaline1 View Post

Nothing major with mine. I expect the small things to be taken care of without any trouble by my dealer when I take it in for the 25 hour service. I just do not like hearing about companies (especially the ones who claim to be the best) that sell products and do not properly stand behind them. You chose to spend your money with Nautique on a product that is significantly marked up and they need to make it right. So I hope they do, good luck. Nautique is supposed to be the best. Be the best, that is what we paid for. Hopefully they are not getting too big to care about every customer.
                              Thank you & I agree. I totally agree & we bought Nautique because they are the best so hopefully I feel that when this is all done.

Comment

Working...
                              X