GT40 Fuel regulator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GT40 Fuel regulator

Does anyone happen to know the part number for the gt40 fuel pressure regulator? I've determined that is my intermittent idle surging and stalling issue, I see it for sale online for $180 but im sure like most things on the motor is a normal ford 5.8 regulator. Thanks

As posted on Correct Craft Fan

# BWD 21704 (at Autozone or Carquest)

Or ask for '92 Ford 5.8L Bronco or F250 FP Regulator

Comment

Originally posted by 2000superdare View Post
      Does anyone happen to know the part number for the gt40 fuel pressure regulator? I've determined that is my intermittent idle surging and stalling issue, I see it for sale online for $180 but im sure like most things on the motor is a normal ford 5.8 regulator. Thanks
      How did you determine it was the pressure regulator? Did you put a pressure gauge on the line? Generally what causes the idle loping is a bad ISVC. One quick way to determine if that is the problem is when the conditions are right for the loping/surging/stalling pull the ISVC off (unbolt it) and then run the engine. It will run at a high idle without the ISVC, but you'll see if it is the ISVC or not (you can even use your finger to slowly close off the idle hole that the ISVC regulates to simulate it working and dropping RPMs down to a normal RPM range. If you get no loping (and your pressure is constant), it's your ISVC. If you still get loping (using your finger on the port), then the pressure is dropping, and you want to look at some of the below possibilities:. If there is a problem with the pressure (which should remain constant since the pumps are electric), have you checked all filters (fuel cell, any in line filters, as well as the filter screen at the top of the gas tank)? Also, I had a fuel pressure problem that ended up being the gas line hose that the high pressure pump inside the fuel cell is suspended by developed a pin hole and high pressure gas just blew back into the fuel cell lowering pressure to the fuel rails (I just happened to squeeze the hose while troubleshooting and saw gas squirting out a small hole). Of course, your high pressure pump could be having a problem, but if it is pump related, it would more likely be the low pressure pump not supplying the high pressure pump with sufficient gas.

Anyway, all of the fuel issues I've had on my GT40 have been minor and not too hard to find.

Gordon
      Attached Files

Comment

i determined it was the regulator while the boat was running i removed the vacuum hose and held my finger over the end of the hose. Gas started to rise out of regulator so fuel was being circulated back into the intake causing my symptoms replaced it this evening.

Comment

Originally posted by 2000superdare View Post
          i determined it was the regulator while the boat was running i removed the vacuum hose and held my finger over the end of the hose. Gas started to rise out of regulator so fuel was being circulated back into the intake causing my symptoms replaced it this evening.
          Ah, good thing to put in my list of things to check. Never had a failure there, but with gas spewing out, that's a good indication. Thanks for that!

Comment

Working...
          X