19’ 210 Prop Upgrade??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 19’ 210 Prop Upgrade??

My 2019 210 with pro ballast gets here in a week. I’ve already ordered the 600lb bags from wakemakers and 500lbs in lead bags. I’m thinking I’ll run it stock for the first few trips until I get it dialed in before adding the extra weight. Will I need to upgrade the prop after adding extra weight? ACME 1617 is what people are suggesting. Should I just upgrade everything before I even take it out for the first run (Prop and all)? Or wait? Looking for advice from people with the same bot/model and have upgraded the ballast and prop or just the ballast.
    Thx in advance guys

2014 210. 1617 is the best upgrade you can get. I’m riding with 750s in the rear and 550 in the bow. Can only plane off with the 1617

Sent from my iPhone using PLT Nautique

Comment

1617 is a great choice. We use it on our 2014 210

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Ian S
      2014 SANTE. NSS. Pro balllast. Boatmate trailer
      2004 SANTE. 4000 lb ballast, 2013 graphics (prev). Ramlin trailer
      2009 Moomba Outback (prev). Boatmate trailer

Comment

Originally posted by jondavis08 View Post
        2014 210. 1617 is the best upgrade you can get. I’m riding with 750s in the rear and 550 in the bow. Can only plane off with the 1617

Sent from my iPhone using PLT Nautique
        When you say “plane off” do you mean getting out of the hole better? And does the 1617 make the wave better? I upgraded to 600’s in the rear but haven’t added any bow weight yet (lead is on the way for the bow) Fully loaded the Wake wasn’t good (to much stern weight vs bow weight) but I still pulled a rider out just fine.

Comment

On our 210 we can fill completely pro ballast and bow bag, have 7-8 ppl in boat and it will still pop right out of the hole and plane off up to speed with the 1617. Will not do this with stk prop.

Ian S

Comment

Originally posted by XBIGPUN66 View Post
            On our 210 we can fill completely pro ballast and bow bag, have 7-8 ppl in boat and it will still pop right out of the hole and plane off up to speed with the 1617. Will not do this with stk prop.

How is the fuel economy with that prop?

Comment

We don't really pay attention to that. Performance is our main concern. We can surf for 3-4 hrs and use about 1/2 tank or a bit more. I guess that is about 4-5 gph.

Ian S

Comment

Originally posted by mcosub View Post

How is the fuel economy with that prop?
                Ha! ha! If you're the least bit concerned about fuel economy, then you need to run as fast and as far as you can from a surf boat!

-Charles

Comment

Originally posted by charlesml3 View Post

Ha! ha! If you're the least bit concerned about fuel economy, then you need to run as fast and as far as you can from a surf boat!

-Charles
                  Hahahaha I second that. Someone asked me how much fuel I went through this weekend. I said 3 full tanks. They asked me how much that cost. I said idk. I needed the fuel, pretty sure it didn’t matter what it cost lol

Comment

I put a 1433 on my boat, I was toying going for the 1617 but glad I didn’t, never felt the boat bog down and nice not to have the engine screaming about 30mph.

Comment

My build sheet says mine is a 1579. haven't noticed any issues yet.

Comment

The 1579 is def weak if you’re boarding with full pro ballast or anything above stock. Love my 1617 .

1100’s 3/4 full , piggy back in bow , and 300lbs lead stuffed in bow as far forward as possible is wickedly good for wakeboarding . The 1579 wouldn’t get that up. Love my 1617 . I still take the occasional slalom run and rpms are def screaming . But since slalom is maybe 15-20% of my time I keep the 1617 on there .

Comment

Working...
                        X