Damaged Upholstery Panel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damaged Upholstery Panel

Had the boat at the local audio company to upgrade the stereo. They had to put the boat in a bay overnight because they couldn’t complete the work in one day, so they had to lower the tower. I had the Bimini folded back, but all the brackets still on. On my boat, you can’t fold the tower all the way down with the brackets on because they catch the side upholstery. I had the work done in December, and just now realized they broke the backer board for the long port side panel. I’m so pissed. Where can I get the parts and what do y’all think this repair will cost?Is there somewhere good around north Houston that could get this done and make it right?

2010 SANTE 230

You may have to buy a new skin, it’s hard to say without seeing pictures, if you could upload some photos of the damage, we could give more accurate advice.
    2009 Super Air Nautique 210 TE
    2006 Super Air Nautique 210 TE
    1989 Sport Nautique

Comment

Let’s see if this works.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	E66F5F7A-E3AE-4BDE-A3AD-D805EFD8987F.jpeg
Views:	243
Size:	30.6 KB
ID:	578382 Click image for larger version

Name:	B6092052-F76F-4F73-8B70-951D6EB373C8.jpeg
Views:	261
Size:	33.1 KB
ID:	578383 Click image for larger version

Name:	E9A6A8DE-BA8D-47CF-913D-D0CD59C49B39.jpeg
Views:	279
Size:	23.3 KB
ID:	578381 And again

Comment

It looks to me like it just pulled the staples out. Take the bolster off the boat and get a better idea of what you're facing.

-Charles

Comment

No, there’s 2 pieces there. What you’re looking at is where it’s broken. The staples are still in the upper piece that broke off.

2010 SANTE 230

Comment

And how in the world do you remove the bolster? I have no idea how they’re secured to the boat.

2010 SANTE 230

Comment

Originally posted by AGGIE00 View Post
                And how in the world do you remove the bolster? I have no idea how they’re secured to the boat.

2010 SANTE 230
                Most likely with these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Comment

Thanks. I did some prying on the bolster and found that that’s how it’s on there. Is there a way to pry it free without breaking anything else? Seems if I pull too hard on the edges it may crack other places.

2010 SANTE 230

Comment

Originally posted by AGGIE00 View Post
                    Thanks. I did some prying on the bolster and found that that’s how it’s on there. Is there a way to pry it free without breaking anything else? Seems if I pull too hard on the edges it may crack other places.

2010 SANTE 230
                    Here is what I used to remove.

https://www.amazon.com/Lisle-35260-P...4PFFDFB6K3419Z

Click image for larger version

Name:	download.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	5.5 KB
ID:	578441
                    Last edited by GMLIII; 03-17-2019, 01:29 PM.

Comment

I bet that it would glue up just fine. Could give that a try first

Comment

yeah, a bit of glue might be a good call on this one. some gorilla glue - small amount - if it the broken off piece will stay where you want it, or if you can temporarily tape it with some blue tape to hold it pretty tight.

Comment

Working...
                        X