Wakemakers ExactFit 600lb SAN210 Upgrade - Engine Divider Fix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wakemakers ExactFit 600lb SAN210 Upgrade - Engine Divider Fix

After fitting this kit to my 210, along with the engine divider support kits, the factory aluminum parts gave out quickly. I tried doubling up the reinforcements (also from wakemakers) and they all bent just the same. This thread will show you the $25 fix that has been bulletproof so far.

You’ll need:
    2 sheets (24”x48”) of 3/4” Thick Plywood (for you guys in the Midwest, these are about $11 each at Menards)
    ———note that I plan to replace the plywood with polycarbonate sheeting (1/2” thick) later this summer. The wood is merely a “weekend saver” fix for me.
    2 Pool Noodles (the thin ones) 48” long

The plywood needs to have the corners trimmed to fit in the compartment. Using a cardboard template, I found that cutting a 5” x 5” corner (45 degree trim) from each corner fits perfect. You’ll need some sort of saw to do this.

Simply drop these pieces in next to your factory dividers and then tuck the pool noodle between the factory hard tank and the plywood to hold it in place and to prevent the ballast from sliding into the crevice and lifting the wood.

check the photos below for more info.

I have the WM ExactFIT bags for my 230 and figured they wouldn't be immune to bending the panels. Because the WM panel savers are backordered, I decided to use 1" aluminum angle (1/8" thick). IMO it looks nice and does the job very well. I also found that I needed to adjust the starboard panel because it wasn't completely sitting in the lower track. All of this, combined with an additional pin in the rear vertical track, has made things solid.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Last edited by neirbot; 07-01-2018, 01:55 PM.

Comment

Mine bent in the other direction... my vertical members were what gave out.

Comment

Ok, I finally got the pics to upload properly..
        Attached Files

Comment

Of course I uploaded in a totally non-relevant order... sorry about that.

Comment

That's a great quick solution you came up with. Did you add a pin to the rear track?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

I did not add a pin to the rear, but that’s not a bad idea

Comment

That probably has a lot to do with why your panels blew. Once the bag pushes the panel up and off the bottom track, it loses a ton of ridigity and then everything starts to bend and breach. It's one big domino effect that begins with the panel sliding upwards.

Last edited by neirbot; 07-01-2018, 03:58 PM.

Comment

My frame and panels look very similar . Did add pins and the kit from wakemakers. Seems to help but sad of the damage that was already done

Sent from my iPhone using PLT Nautique

Comment

I had same issue with my exact fit bags from wakemakers. Blew out my engine divider panels! I am curious if the plywood fix is working and did you find any polycarbonate to substitute for the wood paneling. I contacted wakemakers and sent pics of my issue They claimed they have not seen or heard of this before with their exactfit SAN 210 bags. Before returning my bags, I am going to try the plywood trick Just wanted to make sure its still working for you. Took out engine diver panels and placed heavy weight on them in the sun trying to get them to straighten out. They are bent badly and aluminum vertical tracks are bent and cracked.
                    2004 Super Air Nautique

Comment

Well, the plywood has worked for this season, but it did still bend the support channels a bit. Nothing has completely failed yet though. My plan is to fabricate new (more robust) vertical supports this winter and then install polycarbonate sheeting (1/2” thick). We’ll see how it goes...

Comment

Thanks! Please keep us posted. I read several threads on PN of different ideas to help with this bowing and blowing out of the vertical support channels. I think I may try a few of these tactics and see what works.
                        2004 Super Air Nautique

Comment

Update, I did use the wakemakers kit and added pins as well. One side is completely bowed out and both tracks are in poor shape. It's a shame that Nautique has bad the metal frames so flimsy. I may try the plywood approach next year to avoid doing further damage.

Comment

Have any of you guys used the Wakemakers installation kit (pro ballast hardware) or did everyone have the factory pro ballast solution?

Comment

I did the kit, pretty easy install

Sent from my iPhone using PLT Nautique

Comment

Working...
                              X