New Boat Prep / wax? Interior?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Boat Prep / wax? Interior?

I'm picking up my new boat on Friday and was wondering if anybody has some good advice on what to use if anything on a new Nautique in terms of gelcoat, interior, tower, etc....

Do these boats need to be waxed / protected before taking delivery? I know there is a lot of talk about ceramic coatings / nano coatings and I have had great experience with these on cars but not sure the best route for boats. My boat will be out of the elements when not in use, either in a boathouse or garage.

Let me know the best course of action..... I know some will tell me to wax it every other week but that's not going to happen. What do these boats really need?

Thanks in advance. Very excited to join the family!

It comes waxed from the factory.

Order a gallon of 303 Aerospace Protectant. That stuff is amazing on vinyl.

-Charles

Comment

I used to buff and wax my boat 2-3 times a year. Now? Hot Sauce is all I need. Out of habit, I was planning to buff/wax it this last spring. I got everything ready, looked closely at it and realized it was perfect. No need to fuss. Kinda like Fonzie checking to see if he needed to comb his hair. LOL

Comment

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=l75a8CvIHBQ

Comment

So what you are saying is that it doesn't need any waxing as long as it stays out of the sun? Just some Boat Juice or Hot Sause? That sounds like a boat I can take care of!!

Comment

Bravo, excellent

Comment

Originally posted by Klipper View Post
              So what you are saying is that it doesn't need any waxing as long as it stays out of the sun? Just some Boat Juice or Hot Sause? That sounds like a boat I can take care of!!
              Yep. Pretty much. Just don't let water spots get ahead of you. I use Hot Sauce and microfiber towels after each use and my boat is all black.

Comment

Originally posted by markj View Post

Yep. Pretty much. Just don't let water spots get ahead of you. I use Hot Sauce and microfiber towels after each use and my boat is all black.
                I will second that. I use Hot Sauce and microfiber towels after each use as well. Just bought a Boat Candy spray to see if I like it better than Hot Sauce once I use up all my Hot Sauce. Use 303 Aerospace Protectant as Charles suggested above as well; great stuff for vinyl

Comment

Any experience with the rest of the Boat Bling products?

Comment

...or the Boat Juice products?

Comment

The boat bling upholstery products are very good also. We use all of their stuff and we use totally awesome for really dirty parts.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Ian S
                      2014 SANTE. NSS. Pro balllast. Boatmate trailer
                      2004 SANTE. 4000 lb ballast, 2013 graphics (prev). Ramlin trailer
                      2009 Moomba Outback (prev). Boatmate trailer

Comment

How often do you all apply the 303? Is there any part of the boat you don’t use it on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by CCool View Post
                          How often do you all apply the 303? Is there any part of the boat you don’t use it on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          I just use 303 Aero on vinyl prior to putting the boat up from each weekend. I use this Star Brite product on my boatcovers and bimini top.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Comment

303 on the interior.

Stripped the wax off my new 18 and put on a ceramic coating. I am curious to see if all of the prep work and application time is going to be worth it. Ideally I will get an entire summer out of the coating. So far so good. Still get water spots if it isn't wiped down but they come right off with just a wipe.
                            2018 200 Team H6
                            2009 196 Team ZR 409
                            2005 196 Limited ZR 375
                            2003 196 Limited Excalibur
                            1999 196 Masters Edition
                            1995 ProStar 190 LT1 (Bayliner)
                            1987 ProStar 190

Comment

I put a sealer on which is in between wax and a ceramic coating. Supposed to last a year. Cost for buff and application on my G25 was $300. Looks great 6 weeks in and I also just do a quick wipe down and water spots come right off.

303 on the interior vinyl after letting it dry out and right before putting the cover on. Takes 5-10 minutes tops but works wonders

Comment

Working...
                              X