rear seat pins 2006 Nautique 216

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear seat pins 2006 Nautique 216

The marina removed the rear seat... leaving the pins in the cup holder... I am having trouble putting them back in

Originally posted by Tommy216 View Post
    The marina removed the rear seat... leaving the pins in the cup holder... I am having trouble putting them back in
    Can you post photos? Need to see what we're looking at...

-Charles

Comment

Those are tough to find once removed, pull the base out until you see the holes in the aluminum tube, then find pin holes in base and push base back while keeping a downward pressure on the pins until you find the hole in the tube.

Comment

the boat is at the cottage .. sorry I do not have photo opportunity... the trouble is when the holes are over the tube... there is not enough room to get them to stand straight enough to go in... it is almost as if the design is to have the back rest slide up a few inches,... which does not seem to happen unless there are releases I am not aware of...

Comment

the boat is at the cottage .. sorry I do not have photo opportunity... the trouble is when the holes are over the tube... there is not enough room to get them to stand straight enough to go in... it is almost as if the design is to have the back rest slide up a few inches,... which does not seem to happen unless there are releases I am not aware of...
          I had a 2001 Sport Nautique and although a much different boat then your, I think the pin set up was the same because I remember them being a real Mother to get back in the holes. I had so much trouble finding the holes as you described, I threw away the pins and purchased much smaller in height and diameter stainless steel hex head screws. Since they were smaller in diameter and height then the pins there was no problem getting my hand underneath the seat back to insert the hex head screw into the hole. Bottom line this was a really poor rear seat design

Comment

isn't that funny... the thought had occurred to me, but I kinda like the idea of the rings around the pin head to get them out in the future ... ( yikes)...I may consider after all... I just can't believe the design is so flawed... I thought I must be missing a way to raise the rear seat back allowing me the according height..

Comment

Good luck with the pins. I used a Phillips to help line up the holes.

Comment

thanks ... a Phillips and a miner's helmet ...

Comment

isn't that funny... the thought had occurred to me, but I kinda like the idea of the rings around the pin head to get them out in the future ... ( yikes)...I may consider after all... I just can't believe the design is so flawed... I thought I must be missing a way to raise the rear seat back allowing me the according height..
                  I pulled those stupid rings so hard that they broke off the pins. When I went to the hex head screw approach, I put the hex head into a vice grip which allowed me more freedom to move the seat around to fine the hole; don't get me wrong it was still a B. This stupid seat was definitely designed on a Monday

Comment

I've got a 2005 216 and those pins are indeed a PITA! In my case, I had the back of the rear seat out as well a couple winters ago and if memory serves, I put those pins in before I put the seat back on. The seat back itself was a challenge and as I've only done it once I don't know if there is an official procedure to to it right. If you do the seat back second then you can get the pins in, if not then the pins are next to impossible! For me it was definitely another lesson in patience!

Comment

thanks... I am glad to see ( in a way)... that I am not crazy... the manual simply states ... line them up and drop the pins in ( the ring is there for convenience)... It also mentioned the seat back seemed to slide up... but I have lost all confidence with Correct Craft in this problem solving exercise...thanks for the input... greatly appreciated

Comment

May be on the top 10 list with Nautique as one of their worst design flaws ever in production

Comment

Working...
                        X