No announcement yet.

Cant figure out how to install front ballast bag 2012 SANTE 210...Please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cant figure out how to install front ballast bag 2012 SANTE 210...Please help

I ordered the front kit from Wakemakers and this was the only diagram that I received. I know others have installed this front kit so any help or explanation would be greatly appreciated. I read that you remove the front seat back so here is where I am at...have no idea from here.

Thanks!!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1403.JPG
Views:	908
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	521824

Name:	IMG_1405.JPG
Views:	695
Size:	22.4 KB
ID:	521825

Name:	IMG_1406.JPG
Views:	1031
Size:	42.8 KB
ID:	521826
    2005 SANTE 210 - Sold
    2012 SANTE 210 - Current

Surely someone has dealt with this before.

Comment

The diagram you have looks like the piggyback hose set up for the rear compartments. When I installed the bow bag in my 2011 210 I didn't use the whole hose kit. I just disconnected the belly overflow hose from the through hull vent fitting and connected it to the bag. I then used one of the hoses from the kit to connect the bag to the through hull vent to vent air and overflow water. I never had any problems with siphoning or damage to my sending unit from the bow sack.

I ended up with 2 extra piggyback kits from Wakemakers when I installed my rear bags because the first 2 they sent me were put together incorrectly. The piggyback kit is sort of complicated because it is designed to do a couple of things besides just filling the sacks. It has anti-siphoning valves so water doesn't auto siphon out of the bags when full. It also allows the ballast pumps to suck air after the sacks are completely empty. The pumps will create enough negative pressure that they will partially collapse the hard tanks and bend the ballast sending unit if they aren't able to suck air after the bag and tanks are completely empty. If this happens your ballast gauge will read about 1/4 full even when empty.

I actually modified the piggyback kit that Wakemakers sent me for the rear ballast. I can tell you how I did it if you are interested, but in short I removed the one way check valve from the vent hose and installed a ball valve because the check valve wouldn't allow air to vent out of the sack. The sack would blow up like a balloon while the hard tank was filling.

If you can't already tell, I'm pretty familiar with this system. I racked my brain over it for a while when the first piggyback kit they sent me was put together incorrectly. I finally figured out the problem after multiple calls and emails with Wakemakers so I understand the system better than I should. In the end Wakemakers sent me 2 new piggyback kits free of charge.
      2007 Malibu Wakesetter 23 LSV, 1995 Cobalt 200

Comment

Just did a bow piggy back from wakemakers for my 2014 210. It was the same process Shade mention above. Took me 20 minutes. I think you may have the wrong kit unless the 2012 210 has that different of a process

Sent from my iPhone using PLT Nautique

Comment

FYI, here's the install guide I had..
          Attached Files

Comment

That looks like the ski locker arrow bag, not the under seat bag. The arrow bag doesn't work very well on a 210 because it doesn't fill very much (it's much better on a 230). I had the piggyback under seat bag and 750 bags piggybacked in the rear lockers on my 210. Although NautiqueJeff did the install while he had the boat.
            Current: 2017 G23
            Previous: 2012 210 TE (former PN boat), 2005 210 TE, 2001 X-Star

Comment

I am installing the arrow bag in the ski locker of my 08 210. The bag comes with 5 ports that have to be plugged or used for a fill or drain. I have the vent line disconnected but im not sure witch port to connect to on the bag . The same for the vent port on the bag?

Comment

Connect your vent/overflow hose to a port on the top of the bag that is on the starboard side. This will be the closest port to the through hull fitting. Connect the overflow hose from the belly tank to one of the ports on the bottom side of the bag. By connecting it this way your bag will fill/empty better and vent air better.

Comment

I just did this on saturday. The overflow bow kit is just one hose and some quick connects.

Take the overflow hose off the thru hull and route this into ski locker. Attach that to bag and then the new hose goes from the bag to the thru hull for your vent.

A heat gun really helps on removing and installing the stock 1 inch hose.

Comment

Thanks for the replies all!!!! I kind of figured when I got that front hose/connections that it was a little overkill in what I was needing...lol. Looks like all I need to do is locate the overflow from the center tank...can anyone give me any idea where that is located? I am guessing the two hoses located behind the seat in the 2nd pic are one of the vent hoses needed so that just leaves the belly tank overflow. I looked around the other day and really did not see any other hoses that would be the overflow?

Originally posted by OKWAKEBDR View Post
                    That looks like the ski locker arrow bag, not the under seat bag. The arrow bag doesn't work very well on a 210 because it doesn't fill very much (it's much better on a 230). I had the piggyback under seat bag and 750 bags piggybacked in the rear lockers on my 210. Although NautiqueJeff did the install while he had the boat.
                    The bag in the pic is actually one of the rear 600lbs sacks, it was just folded over and happened to be where I laid the hose to take a pic. I already have the v-sac under the front seats and was not pictured.

Thanks again guys!!!!!!
                    2005 SANTE 210 - Sold
                    2012 SANTE 210 - Current

Comment

Yes. It is one of the two hoses in the second pic. I can't remember if both of those hoses are overflow hoses or if one is from a bilge pump. It seems to me that the belly tank in that generation 210 is actually 2 tanks side by side and not 1 single tank, but I could be wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Evening Shade View Post
                        Connect your vent/overflow hose to a port on the top of the bag that is on the starboard side. This will be the closest port to the through hull fitting. Connect the overflow hose from the belly tank to one of the ports on the bottom side of the bag. By connecting it this way your bag will fill/empty better and vent air better.
                        Thanks its kinda sel explanatory but I just wanted to be sure. Are you ever on lanier?

Comment

Should be the one on the right. It will be a 1 inch diameter hose. The hose on the left should be smaller and is front bilge pump hose.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bandit628 View Post
                            Should be the one on the right. It will be a 1 inch diameter hose. The hose on the left should be smaller and is front bilge pump hose.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
                            Gotcha...so that is my vent. Since the boat overflows the ballast underneath the boat, where is that one located? The belly tanks on the 2012 210 are separated left and right and you can see them in the ski locker, but I do not see any hoses?
                            2005 SANTE 210 - Sold
                            2012 SANTE 210 - Current

Comment

Originally posted by Quick VR-4 View Post

Gotcha...so that is my vent. Since the boat overflows the ballast underneath the boat, where is that one located? The belly tanks on the 2012 210 are separated left and right and you can see them in the ski locker, but I do not see any hoses?
                              The boat doesn't overflow ballast from underneath the boat. That one inch hose on the right in your second pic is the overflow. The boat fills and drains the tanks from underneath the boat, but the vent hose that is seen in your 2nd pic is the overflow. This hose allows air and excess water to vent out of the side of the boat. This will also be the hose that will fill your under seat bow bag.

Comment

Working...
                              X