No announcement yet.

Hope for GT40 EFI ECU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I sent ecurepairnow my ecu from my 2000SAN, they said it tested bad, then they said the fixed it and it tested good. I sent them 500 dollars and they sent me back my ecu. Boat still not running and my mechanic tested my ecu on another gt40 with no luck. I'm going to call ecurepairnow on Monday and ask them exactly what they did

Comment

• Feel free to PM me guys if you need some help.

Comment

• I think setting up one of these puppies with a burn might be a bit beyond my skills. Any of you guys up for setting one up for me? I suspect my flakey fuel pumps and intermittent no start might be the ECM in my 1997. thanks, Rick

Comment

• PM me I’m happy to help.

Comment

• My 99 SAN stopped getting spark I swapped in a C1A1 and a chip that T. Franscioni burned for me and it's running like new again. Thanks for all the help guys.

Comment

• Let me see if I got this straight.....we now have a clear path for ECU replacement if the stock ECU pops.

Effectively, you buy a used C1A1 ECU and then you replace the installed chip with a PCM chip. The PCM bin file needs to be burned to new ROM using moates or a similar chip burning system.

This is friggin' genius! Absolutely fantastic work.

2004 206 Air Nautique Limited - Black with Vapor Blue (family style)
              1997 Masters Edition Nautique - Zephyr Green - gone (amazing ski wake)
              1982 Mastercraft Powerslot - gone (a primitive but wonderful beast)
              Bellevue WA

Comment

• Nautique Parts just announced that they have these back in stock. https://www.nautiqueparts.com/produc...ol-module-ecm/

Comment

• Those are exactly the same thing that we are doing here on this thread.

Comment

• I've been running the ecm with chip for almost a year now I think, no issues whatsoever. Super happy and super thankful to all involved in this great project.
                    I didn't get the black plastic housing back until recently though, and need to put it back together. Anyone have pictures of how they solved the problem of the chip not fitting in the housing?

Edit: from the Nautiqueparts link posted above ($650?! EEK!): "These have an addition card/board at the end. This does not interfere with installing in the PCM factory housing."
                    Think I'm gonna give it a shot! Thought it needed some tweaking to make it fit.
                    Last edited by TRIP; 09-07-2018, 05:04 PM.

Comment

• Confrmed: fits just fine!

Comment

• Yeah I was able to get my donor ecm with chip installed to fit in the stock plastic housing cover as well which is cool because everything stays looking factory for whatever that’s worth to some people. $650 is a lot of money but there’s nothing wrong with a company (that supports our old boats in many ways) making money so they can continue to support our old boats with parts to keep us on the water.

Vanhadr gave us this solution for free basically and im still happy to help keep this a low cost solution for broken ecms. I’ll say though that there’s value to having a one stop shop to go to that provides everything you need to replace your ecm in one single purchase and offers free exchanges if it doesn’t work! Saves you the hassle of searching eBay for donor ecms and having to ship chips back and forth to be programmed.

Comment

• Question on candidate ECUs:

Do you need a F1ZF12A650AB C1A1 or can any F1ZF12A650xx yyyy model work? Seems like all F1ZF12A650 are from 4 cylinder mustangs....hoping to broaden up the pool of workable ECUs as the C1A1's seem a bit scarce.

Bellevue WA

Comment

• Can't remember the exact one,it's in this thread somewhere but it's something like the D1L1 will work,that too is from a 4 cylinder Mustang. The reason it's the four cylinder one is because of the batch fire. The marine V8 fires the injectors bank to bank the V8 cars fire them sequentially. The 4 cylinder cars have 2 sparkplugs per cylinder so the computer can be programmed with the chip to run the banked V8. Ford Rangers of the day were the same setup but you are on your own to see if they could work. You would have to see how many different ones were used and like the OP open one up and see if the same components were used. Then run it past the guy's on that tuning forum to see if it could be done.

Comment

• Thanks Gary. I did see the D1L1 suggestion (somewhere...). Familiar with what bank fire is and how it ties to the PCM setup.

If anyone has successfully used a D1L1, helpful to post and confirm.

EDIT: I see on this moates page that C1A1 and D1L1 are grouped together....think it's a pretty safe bet they are the same. I'll be the guinea pig and try it out. http://support.moates.net/ford-strategies-supported/

EDIT 2 - here's the CCF post on D1L1 - http://www.correctcraftfan.com/forum...cm-replacement

EDIT 3 - .....and bought a D1L1 for $35 via an ebay offer. Now comes the waiting.....
                              Last edited by SilentSeven; 02-12-2019, 12:16 PM.
                              Bellevue WA

Comment

• I understand the ECU with the moates chip fits in the PCM ECU housing.

Does anyone care that the moates chip itself hangs out of the back of the ECU? Sort of rubs my kitty backwards to see the daughter board exposed like this.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoJnMC1oR2hM7KRWKhGELhTIfLjBCQ

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoJnMC1oR2hM7KRV00CW_JYYhAbCxw

Bellevue WA

Comment

Working...
                                X