343 Heater?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 343 Heater?

I searched and really didn't find what I was looking for. As the season starts to slow down Im thinking about a Heater Craft heater and a DIY. From what I can tell I don't really need the Pro Kit they have just the Intro kit and some hose and fittings for water as the hoses hook to the intake and water pump. Can anyone verify that's the case. If so you can install the big 300 heater pretty dang cheap!

Thanks in advance!!

When I've looked for parts before it's really the heater core+blower, vents and control switch that are the only bits unique to Heater Craft. The temp sender t-piece adapter included in the Pro kit probably won't be needed - on my 5.7 350 Mag ski I had a fitting straight on the circulation pump and the other fitting was on the intake manifold - no temp sender relocation was needed.

The other useful bit is the Wye fitting for low rev/idle heat (Although a neater solution would be something like the Bosch PAD pump for warm water circulation)

Comment

It is a simple install. Buy a heater and hose from summit racing, some vents from Nautique Parts, some vent hose from walmart (I use trailer drain!) and voila! PM me if you want specifics....

"I'm on a boat........"

Comment

I installed their 3 vent solution. The factory location had a piece of plywood glassed in as well as power connections. I installed two under drivers side in a custom sub vent board/box and put the other in the cockpit next to cooler I'm my boat. I used factory locations for everything. One water hose into the block and the other on water pump. don't think this is the factory spot, but it works great. It does cool down at idle a bit, but we don't idle much, only to pickup and start a skier. definitely adds several weeks on either side of summer! We use spring shorty suits when the water drops below comfortable temps.
        2005 SV-211

Comment

Working...
        X