Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have their ballast tanks are emptying on their own?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have their ballast tanks are emptying on their own?

Have a 14' SANTE 210 that we surf off. I fill all 3 tanks up and then I manually fill up the Ronix 8.3 system. That includes 2 800lb sacs in the rear lockers and a 600lb sac in the bow. We surf for a while and I noticed the wave changed so I checked. The rear hard ballast tanks had emptied some out. we were down to about 5/8 of a tank in each. I fill them back up and everything works okay. It has happened a couple of times now. No excess water in the hull so I don't think they are leaking

I'm not sure how they are plumbed in on that particular boat. But there are a few possibilities.
    1) they are leaking out the vent lines or drain lines.
    Solution: add cross venting to the other side to make the vent lines higher. But because you run level you might be better off with just check valves
    2) your fill line could be running the wrong way once completely full, draining out the bottom of the hull.
    Solution: add check valves to the fill lines.

Sent from my iPhone using PLANETNAUTIQUE mobile app

Comment

The same thing happens on my 08 210. I just stick a bilge plug in the overflow. The type of plug that you twist and it expands. I only do this if I fill the bag up completely and it overflows which creates a syphon effect and empties the bag.
      Just make sure you remove the plug when draining or you will suck the sides in on hard tank.

Sent from my iPhone using PLANETNAUTIQUE mobile app
      2008 210 SANTE

Comment

Working...
      X