Fuse on 2000 SAN engine hatch actuator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuse on 2000 SAN engine hatch actuator

During our last trip to the lake, we mistakenly tried to open the engine hatch while the tube was tied down on top. Now nothing happens when we try to run the actuator. None of the circuit breakers have popped so I'm hoping there is a blown fuse somewhere. Can anyone tell me if there is and where to look for a fuse on a 2000 SAN engine hatch linear actuator?

I unpinned the actuator and taped a loop of 1/8" line to the underside of the hatch from the bracket to just past the forward edge of the hatch as a temporary manual lift strap. This works great, still works if the battery goes dead and I may just leave it in and replace the electric actuator with a gas spring. Anyone else think the actuator isn't a great idea?

If anyone knows how I can get my hands on a wiring diagram, I would greatly appreciate that information also.

Thanks - Gene

RE: Fuse on 2000 SAN engine hatch actuator

i had a 93 excel with the electric motor and it was a pain in the a**. i had to rewire it with large gauge wires all the way from the battery and that fixed it. i dont know if they started using larger wire or not but a way to check it is to cut both wires going to the motor and use a jumper wire off of the motor to see if the motor turns.

Comment

Magene -
      There is a fuse for the hatch right at the battery. Check at the positive lead for a second line. There should be a black fuse "holder" that you twist to pop open - inside will be the blown fuse. (At least that how it is for my 2000 SAN - we have been through many fuses...).
      Hope that helps.
      Wakefun
      2000 SAN

Comment

There are 2 fuse holders near the battery in that model 1 is for the greyhill switching box and the other is for the hatch accuator. Wakefun what fuse did you use in your hatch fuse 20 or 30 amp?

Comment

Thanks for the help. FYI, it was a 30 amp fuse.

Gene

Comment

Working...
          X