No announcement yet.

Throttle issue (2006 sv211)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would find out how much resistance the tps sensor is supposed to read and check signal when it acts up. My guess is something in the engine controller is acting up after a certain temperature.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Throttle body installed and the "limp mode" only happened once since I've had it in the water.

In general it seems to be running pretty good but I think the throttle body needs to be tweaked or adjusted slightly. (If possible)

Going to keep water testing daily.

Comment

Originally posted by Ross-SV211 View Post
        Update:

Dealer installed a new ECU to the boat. Water test today and it still falls on its face. Same issue.

Boats back at the dealer now for more testing.

What a nightmare. Will update soon.

Out of curiosity did the dealer put the old ECU back in and not charge you?? Seems like your dealer is going the unplug old, plug in new and hope that that is the problem resolved instead of trying to diagnose the problem.
        2008 210 SANTE

Comment

Hey Paxdad,

I hear you and I was thinking the same thing. I just purchased this boat recently and that's something I need to double check. I personally can't fault the service manager, since he has been personally working on this and checking in daily. However, I'm not 100% sure that the new parts are staying in the boat.

Good call out!

Comment

Update:

After the new throttle body has been installed, the throttle issue happened 2 times. Once the day after and once a week or so after that.

The only thing I could determine was different the second time around was I left the battery switch in the "all on" position while I ate dinner. The boat was on the lift and we were planning on going back out, so I didn't thing it would be a big deal.

After 45 mins or so from eating, pulled the boat off the lift and that's when the issue came up the 2nd time.
            Restarted a few times with no luck. Since then it's been good.

The dealer agreed that it might need a new wiring harness and they just installed it yesterday.

Going to water test when I get a chance soon. Will update again.

-R

Comment

Update:

New wiring installed and issues seem to be resolved!

Comment

Originally posted by Ross-SV211 View Post
                Update:

New wiring installed and issues seem to be resolved!

So you seem pretty sure it is now fixed. I hope you are right and I am interested in trying a new wiring harness. Where is that wiring harness located? Could you post a picture?

Thanks

Comment

Update: 2016 Summer (Sorry for the delay)

-Fuel Pump
                  -Oil Pump
                  -Oil Pressure Switch

Were all replaced at the beginning of the season. Since then, I haven't had any other issues the rest of the year.

Comment

Thanks for keeping this post up to date! Sounds like I am having a very similar problem, replace throttle position sensor, throttle actuator controller and now my mechanic who isn't a PCM dealer is talking about replacing my ECM at my expense. Obviously I don't want to do that until we can find out for sure what the issue is. I was wondering if you had figured out which change you made that sorted the problem in the end as there seems to be a few things that almost sorted it? Thanks!

Comment

Hi Ra140,

Yeah, it's really hard to say what the final part was that made the issues go away. I guess the last few parts made the difference? Maybe the idea is to start backward from where I left off and hopefully don't meet at the throttle sensor?

To look at it objectively, all the parts that were replaced "make sense" based on the problems that I was having. If you guys are going to follow the list of parts that I posted, maybe knock out the smaller, least expensive parts and go from there.

Comment

Update: Around the lake the other day @ approx 20 mph and all of the sudden it falls off to idle. No check engine light. Restarted the boat and no change, stayed in limp mode. Idle back to the lift. Going to pull it out of the water Sunday and take back to dealer.

-Since it's a GM 330 engine, can I run a OBD scanner and try and data log the issues?

Thanks for any help!

Comment

Perfect Pass was replaced and was throwing a code to the dealer. Lake testing this Sunday.

Comment

PP was replaced and upgraded to stargazer unit. Dropped the boat in and had the same issue within 15 mins.

Long story short I spoke with the dealer and they're buying the boat back. I'm out. Looks like I might be leaving the Nautique community. :/

Thanks for all the help guys.

#imout #dunzo

Comment

Sorry to hear how crappy your experience has been with that boat! Sounds like a rare situation and too bad dealer can't find it.

Sent from my iPhone using PLT Nautique

Comment

I ended up going to a 15 NXT 20 via the dealer that I purchased the 211 from. They have been more than great to me IMO. From what I understand PCM and CC have identified that there are issues with certain throttle systems. And there's a "fix" that updates throttle system to a more current model. I also heard it's about $6,000 for what it's worth.

Comment

Working...
                                X