No announcement yet.

may have a big problem here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you should just make the two main bunks thicker. get some pressure treated 5/4 board and add them under your existing bunks. problem solved.

who layed up the bondo on the hole already? what lurks under that gray stuff?

how steep is the ramp that you use? is the ramp level? the cc trailer under my 72 separator had to be completely level. when you put the trailer in make sure each fender well is the same disatnce from the surface of the water, even if you have to jacknife the trailer. i practice loading at a seldom used ramp for over a year before i did it in public.

another trick i used was to cut a couple short pieces of conduit that would be inserted into the top of the vertical guides. drill a hole on the top of each and string a line to hold the guides tight on the boat as you go up the ramp.
    red right return

Comment

Do you hook your boat to the trailer while it is stil in the water? I have done this once and when i pulled it out i noticed that the back of the boat wasnt even sitting on the trailer,all the weight of the boat was sitting on the front of the trailer.My bow rises when i pull my boat out of the water,so i just hook it up when the trailer and boat are up and out of the water.Just a thought

Comment

my 89 trailer has a big YELLOW label that tells you not to tighten the turnbuckle while loading. i had my old turnbuckle marked, but some swine stole it.

there is no way i would go up the ramp without something holding the boat to the trailer.

i may be dumb, but i nail the brakes in my truck to get the boat all the way up on the trailer after i go down the road a mile. after she is centered, the transom straps are tightened and the turnbuckle is tightened.
        then i drive like a madman. :twisted:
        red right return

Comment

Originally posted by tryan
          i may be dumb, but i nail the brakes in my truck to get the boat all the way up on the trailer after i go down the road a mile.
          I must be dumb too then. I however don't tighten or loosen the turnbuckle ever. When loading/unloading the rear end floats pushing the nost down, and giving slack in the turnbuckle. When it''s completely on the trailer, the bow rises up a bit and it's taut.

I would never pull up a ramp w/o the boat strapped/hooked to the trailer. That is just asking for trouble.

Comment

Working...
          X