No announcement yet.

Spring Cleaning Part Deux!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brandon, talk to Michael about getting those vent covers powder coated. I think he has a customer that does that. Might get another zip zero nada deal that we all love so much. I never realized how bad that deck looks. Pull it off next week and maybe I can take it to the shop and sand it down again. Pull the bootleg light bar off as well and I will fix it too. "Slick as turtle $hit" now that's funny and oh so true.

Comment

Was out of town all weekend but had a chance to mess around with the boat a little on Sunday. Sorry for the crap iphone pics but my girlfriend had the good camera.

Flush pro mounted. I got it installed and tested it out. Nice not to have to get under the boat anymore. Ran the boat for about 30mins with no problems. That's good to know. My only gripe is that the flush pro LEAKS!!! Where it attaches to the hose, it leaks if you turn the water up too high. Poor design in my opinion. Oh well.

Was able to finish cleaning up the wiring on the port side around the tanks. Got the extra 4-conductor cable for my valves. These P-Clips are going to work much better than my tie wrap barlock pads.

Did I mention that I LOVE P-Clips and tie wraps!

What a wiring mess

Took me a second to figure out how to do the shrink wrap. No butt connectors or cable splices for me.

That's more like it!

My best rig so far! Couldn't get the pin out so I just hacked away at the connector to expose the end of the pin and then soldered the wire to the end. Not pretty, but it'll work. Unfortunately that didn't fix the depth finder issue. I'll post a new thread about that one here....

http://planetnautique.com/index.php?...=106913#106913

Pic of the Flow-Wrong crap valves.

Disconnected all the valve lines and pulled the entire thing out. What a huge pile of crap. Anyone need any of these parts?

So I think I might have figured out what I want to do for a new sub box. For the past few seasons I just had a huge rectangular box that went behind the drivers seat. It was a great sounding box and who ha stimulator, but took up too much room. I think that I'm going to make a wedge box that will fit right over the starboard tank and fire forward. Anyone done one like this? I'm running a 15" L7 off of a PDX 1.1000

Comment

Careful putting that weight on top of a hard tank. I'd build a frame around the tank so the weight is distributed to the frame and not the tank.
        Now
        2000 SAN

Previously
        1999 Air Nautique
        1996 Tige Pre-2000
        1989 Lowe 24' Pontoon / Johnson 100HP outboard

Comment

Didn't get any work done yesterday. Got the Harley started though!

chexi...Yeah, I planned on extending the sides of the box to go around the side of the tank and rest on the floor so that the tank isn't supporting all of the weight.

Someone wanted some pics of the tanks so here you go....

Comment

Re: RE: Spring Cleaning Part Deux!

great thread! wish I could mess around in my boat
            Originally posted by bmh2208
            Liquid.....I've been following your thread on WW too. It's funny how there are at least 3 SAN's going through roughly the same thing right now. Even funnier is that mine looks just like yours!
            yeah there's a few SAN restoration threads going on on WW. it's a pitty to see such high end boats in such bad conditions .

Comment

i have a 12" sub in both rear lockers. They haven't done any damage to the tanks. This is a crappy picture, but you can just see the edge of the box. The speaker is mounted at a 45 degree angle, facing the gunnel. The box sits directly on the tank. The sound vents pretty well through the open spaces in the gunnel. It takes some good power from your amps to get any real volume, because of the closed compartments. I have 300 watts a piece (from a zapco amp) pushing each 12".
              Attached Files

Comment

RE: Re: RE: Spring Cleaning Part Deux!

I had two 15" subs in a box in the back of my NSS for 8 years. I tend to think you lose a lot of sound by putting them in the engine compartment. They are competing with engine noise and a compartment that was built to keep sound from getting out. Not to mention all the moisture. Mine always had water in them by some point in the day.

However, they did their job for 8 years. But, I am in the process of moving to a single strong 12" in the cockpit.

My 15's were powerful and loud. They would make water jump off the Starboard side where the subs were. However, when skiing or running down the lake, they just seemed to fade to a smaller sound. They were loudest when I was parked and floating out away from the boat.

My friends 12W7 was much louder inside the boat and when going down the lake than my 15's. But, my 15's were much louder 10 feet or more away from the boat when parked in a cove and partying while tied up with others. People used to come from several boats down the line and ask what subs I had in my boat.

But, now I have opted for sub I can hear better while skiing or driving down the lake.

Hope this helps.
                1999 Super Sport Nautique
                PerfectPass Wakeboard Pro
                100amp Alternator Upgrade and 2 - Optima Blue Tops
                Wetsounds, JL Audio, Alpine sound system
                3-Jabsco Ballast Puppies
                1- Fly High Center Sack 650lbs and 2 - Fly High Rear 750lbs

Ballast Install - http://planetnautique.com/vb3/showth...allast-Install

Comment

RE: Re: RE: Spring Cleaning Part Deux!

Bowvan, do you have sacks on top of hard tanks?

Comment

Yes. They are the flat tanks, which are slightly smaller than the wedge tanks.

Comment

Looks great! Keep it up!!!
                      Travis Fling
                      Choctaw Lake
                      Current - 1989 Ski Nautique 2001

Comment

Thanks for all the input guys on the subs. I think I'm still gonna try the rear locker box and see what happens. Considering how massive the sub is and the amount of power that I push it, plus the fact that low frequency's travel pretty well through pretty much any material, I'm hoping that the difference will be negligible.

Anyways, sorry for no updates for a few days. Been working on the honey do's around the house.

We actually got the boat wet on Tuesday afternoon after work. It was one of those spur of the moment, yeah that sounds like a great idea, sort of things that ended up good and bad. I guess the bad was only at the start of the trip and the fact that I couldn't land my W2W heel side on the skate even after about 6 tries. It was freezing cold btw and I forgot the wet suit in the garage. I threw in the toolbox, a few life jackets and a few lawn chairs and a cooler. The back seats are still out so I brought a few folding chairs, haha.

So in our fit of excitement and rush, we pulled the basketball goal down, destroyed the rim, pulled the cheap racks off the tower, pulled one of the flight clips off, and bent the other one. I guess in the rush of things and the fact that I was entranced by the sweet sound of a chipped cummins pulling the boat, I forgot about the 20 minute ordeal that I took upon to get the boat slid just right behind the rim of the goal. As we pulled out of the driveway, I heard nothing. It was only after the boat made it out of the driveway that I looked back to see this......

When we got to the lake I got to see this....

And of course the casualties......

Actually it's not as bad as it looks. Just some more crap to add to the never ending list. I can drill and retap the billet racks and reuse them after a little bending back. I'm pretty sure that the flight clips can be bent back and just reattached.

So on to the good things...

1) Depth gauge now works flawlessly. Both at low and high speeds.
                        2) Perfect pass works great. It always worked but at least now you can turn it off and on and change the speed without whipping out the minuature screw drivers.
                        3) Shower works. Had to cut off the end of the hose, but it flows nice and hot. A little on the weak side as far as pressure is concerned, but we'll see if a shower head fixes that.
                        4) The boat ran great!!!!!

The lakes kinda nice when there is NO ONE out there

Hopefully, the other owner will bring me down the electric valves and I can finish with the ballast tank reinstall.

Stay tuned!!!!

Comment

I've done that one --- My flight clips caught my neighbors hoop out on the street. I dragged it halfway down my block before I noticed what was going on. Fortunately, it was one of the free-standing water base hoops so there was no damage to the tower or clips. I did have to buy my neighbor a new net though....and was somewhat humiliated trying to untangle the heavy piece of junk from my tower and drag it back 50' down the street.

Two weeks later, another neighbor took out the same hoop with a U-Haul. I think it's time to move that thing.
                          2003 SANTE

Comment

Last summer I put my board in the rack and forgot the bungee, and i was coming around a corner I saw it in my mirror sliding out and had to watch it fall and hit the street. No damage, but felt like an idiot.
                            Travis Fling
                            Choctaw Lake
                            Current - 1989 Ski Nautique 2001

Comment

BMH-my strainer is mounted parallel to the hull. is this ok? i've always thought it should be vertical, but im not sure how to pull the elbows off to turn it vertically or if there's anything else invovled. i also had a leak in my flush pro. except it had a tiny pinhole crack and i had to replace it.

Comment

gride, you got a pic? I'm having a hard time imagining what it looks like.

Comment

Working...
                                X