Draining the fuel tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Draining the fuel tank

I have a 2002 SAN I am trying to drain the fuel tank due to water in the fuel. I searched the threads but no luck. Any ideas on how to drain the fuel tank relatively simple? Is that even possible?

Thanks

RE: Draining the fuel tank

Why not use the FCC to pump the fuel out of the tank?

Comment

I thought about that but just thought I would ask if there were other methods.

Comment

Probably shouldn't use the FCC to get the water out - especially if you're trying to run the tank totally dry.. just my 2 cents. I'd take up the floor panel to get at the tank itself and siphon out through the hole for the sender, to get every last bit you can. you could also run a siphon through the filler, though it's hard to know if you got everything. There is a slick siphoning device you can get with a metal fitting at the end with a ball inside... you shake it up and down with the metal fitting in the liquid and it pumps up until the siphon catches on.. works great. Maybe the easy way is to siphon out through the filler to get the majority, then check for water periodically until you are sure there's no more.
        How 'bout a little reverse action...

Comment

best
          pull fuel line off of fuel pump
          get an outboard primer bulb
          hook it up
          start to pump into another tank, usually placed lower than boat hull, so gravity takes over

water will still on the bottom

HUMAN BUILT = HUMAN FIXED

CERTIFIED MARINE/PWC TECHNICIAN
          switchbait.com

Comment

fuel tank under floor 01 SAN

for accecc the fuel tank ,in my 01SAN,need to remove the sofa and middle floor,easier drain I think should be the fuel guage hole.

Comment

Working...
            X