2020 210 surf wave any good

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2020 210 surf wave any good

Hi , looking at buying my first Nautique, haven’t surfed behind it only test driven it , but a lot of people are telling me wave has no push and this model is no good for surfing / mainly wakeboarding, is this correct before I waste my money please , any help would be great , any suggestions

I’m curious who “a lot of people” is and what they’re comparing it to. Factory ballast isn’t enough but with 750s added to the rear and some additional ballast up front it throws a very respectable wave. It has a solid shape and tons of push. If anything it’s a little short in length but only because it’s a 21’ boat. Now if you just want a good surf wave there are better options, but there’s nothing wrong with a 210 surf wave.

Comment

Originally posted by Jawa12 View Post
      Hi , looking at buying my first Nautique, haven’t surfed behind it only test driven it , but a lot of people are telling me wave has no push and this model is no good for surfing / mainly wakeboarding, is this correct before I waste my money please , any help would be great , any suggestions
      You definitely got some bad info, the 210 surfs fantastic when set up properly.
      2009 Super Air Nautique 210 TE
      2006 Super Air Nautique 210 TE
      1989 Sport Nautique

Comment

What set up do u need, it has 750 in the rear

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	75F4162F-7027-47F1-B3AC-91E60755B537.png
Views:	1452
Size:	1.00 MB
ID:	619386Click image for larger version

Name:	041E523D-91F2-4A3C-B471-3EBC0FD342C3.png
Views:	1564
Size:	999.0 KB
ID:	619385

Who are these “lots of people “. Because they are not informed. The original 99-06 hull is not the best surf boat , but the 07-13 and the 14-current 210 Surfs as good as any 21ft boat on the market today. Wave has a ton of push , actually I would argue has great push when weighted properly. The pocket is bit short but what it lacks in pocket it makes up in push.

Are there better surf wakes. , yes , but those all come from 23ft and above surf barges. In the 21-22ft class the 210 is right on par at the top of the class.

I run 1100’s in rear with lead and piggy back up front along with NSS in my boat , (older 08) don’t run them both full fill when I surf . But the surf side is def full. Great wave.

Comment

My 20 year old 210 has an amazing wakeboard wake, properly loaded up it has a decent surf wave. I’d be surprised if the new models aren’t a lot better.

I think it would come down to how good are you looking for?

Comment

This is a 2020 model , been told the older models were better for surf, how much xtra ballast will it need on top of the xtra 750 it has

Comment

I have the 2019 210. First surf boat for me I find it fine I’m 250 and surf it, not well but I attend, my boys are doing well and love it.
                Last edited by Pgrider; 08-03-2020, 07:02 PM.

Comment

2015 210
                  -Factory Hard tanks &750's rear
                  -750 piggy back in bow under seats( would go 550 because the 750 never fills completely)
                  Upgraded pumps to the Kings( will show a breaker fault every now and then because of amps draw)
                  1617 acme prop

It's not a 23' boat so my expectations are where they should be. If you are looking for a pro surf wave go up in boat size and cost. The 210 is a great boat does everything my family
                  and friends want. We surf, wakeboard, wakefoil, ski, slalom.

surfing set up for me 5'11 275lbs regular foot surf -rears 1/2, bow 100% nss 3-4 speed 10.2-11.1 depending on water conditions, riding a hyperlite landlock I can go no rope as long as I want. The pocket is small for me but push is amazing, the length is shortWe but it's a 21' boat, if I speed up wave lengthens out and pocket is longer with a little drop in push.
                  We surf about 80% of the time and this set up works well for everyone regular and goofy.
                  My son 6' 180 same setup riding a South Bay rambler 52" skim style can be anywhere from 10-15' from the platform no rope with plenty of push and a large pocket.

If your Looking for an all around boat you cannot go wrong with a 210.

Comment

I've had a 2015 SAN 210 for 3 years now. I'm equipped with the pro ballast and always keep an additional 250lbs of lead that I'll move around as needed depending on the load. The surf wave has always been good (especially when I have 4+ people on board) but not great. That being said, my buddy just got a 2020 GS20 (w/o pro ballast) and I can't believe how much better of a wave that thing puts out than my 210. It surfs closer to a G than it does the 210 - great wave shape with a really incredible push. I can only imagine what it would be like if you loaded it up with more weight (pro ballast + anything else additional you'd be willing to throw in). I'd check it out if I were you.... and again, this is coming from the owner of a 210.

Comment

Working...
                    X