No announcement yet.

SV211 Surf / Ballast tank questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use stock belly, 750's in the back and another 400 in the bow walkway. Makes a pretty decent wave for the 211, in total a little over 2000 lbs. I use a suck gate as well - homemade. Which direction do you put your Mission Delta? I recommend putting it so the "paddle" is behind the suction cups.

On another note, how many people get water into their side vents because of the suck gate pushing water up the side of the hull? Anything you combat that with?

Comment

Originally posted by homer12 View Post

On another note, how many people get water into their side vents because of the suck gate pushing water up the side of the hull? Anything you combat that with?
      I do, haven’t started finding a solution yet but somewhere along the way I heard use a magnet (don’t know if the grill is steel, though)

2007 SV211 SE
      Tow Vehicle 2019 Tundra
      Dealer: www.Whitelake.com

Comment

The grille is stainless I believe so magnets don’t stick there

Sent from my iPhone using PLT Nautique

Comment

Thankyou MTRBTR; i have slowed down and wave is better but i still dont think i have enough weight with the stock ballasts. the guys at mission said i need at least 2k lbs in the rear and 300 in the bow; reverse the delta to get a primo ride. i think the stock ballast total for the 07 SV211 Air is 730 Ibs. i do get a big plume of water near the vents but the bilge gets the access water. i do put duct tape over my fuel gap and fuel vent (adjusted to breathe) when surfing. does anyone recommend which ballasts bag to go with? i have looked the wakemakers but there pricey.

Comment

I'm looking for some advice on rear ballast. My all '07 TE is stock now and needs some additional weight. I'd prefer to not have to deal with filling bags with an external pump. What have people done? Seems like the stock pump control won't work if I pull the tanks and replace with bags due to the floats that shut off the pumps when the tanks are empty. Do I piggy back on top of the stock tanks? If so, how does that work with the shape of the tanks (ie they're not flat on top)? Recommendations?
            Thanks.
            Last edited by MN Ryan; 09-23-2020, 08:18 PM.

Comment

I'm late to this thread but I too have an SV211 that I'm trying to surf behind. I tried a homemade wake shaper, but it was frankly horrible so I borrowed and eventually purchased a Liquid Force Gen 1 shaper. It makes a huge difference and I now have a "surfable" wake but it's pretty marginal, especially with only 1 or 2 people in the boat. I've been researching adding ballast but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Since I authored the SV211 Ballast Guide here https://www.planetnautique.com/vb5/f...-in-2006-sv211 I figured I would comment some of the questions regarding the "ballast controller/run dry module". A piggy back system should work fine for fill/empty since the water flows into the hardtank first and then into the piggy back. Obviously the gauge will read "full" when there is any water in the soft tank but the ballast controller won't get in the way assuming the system is working correctly in the first place. If you have issues emptying your tanks read my article above.

Removing the hardtanks and going with a full bag system could create problems if you want to use the stock pumps/wiring. If you disconnect the tank sender unit when you remove the hardtank, the ballast controller will get confused and you won't be able to empty the tanks. Not sure this is addressed in the instructions for the bag system or not. If the sender is completely gone then the most elegant way to deal with this is to create the "ballast bypass plug" per my instructions. Another option which I haven't really tried is to short out the 2 connections where the sender plugs into. But at this point your gauges will definitely not work, reading full all the time. But maybe that's OK.

Comment

Thanks, TB. Still wondering if folks have had success with a piggyback system. I see pluses and minuses to both options.

Comment

See response: https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Even though I have an 04, no ballast timers or any of that, I replaced hard tanks with 750 bags. I really like not having tanks on the way when bags are empty for engine maintenance access and extra room in storage compartments. Yes, I don’t have functioning gauges but don’t really miss them. Just leave compartments open while filling to see where they’re at. I also used all stock pumps. I did have to redo some tubing to lengthen, also had to create some loops to prevent siphoning and added some pvc ball valves and check valves for this reason

Comment

Hey Folks! I have a SV211 Team edition 06. I tried to fill the ballast tanks yesterday and my Starboard tank started spitting water right away like it was full.
                      We couldn't get it to fill up and when we took the boat out, the dial on the Starboard gauge was flopping all over the place. Any ideas?

Comment

Booradley Did you get this figured out? Stock hard tanks, I assume? I'm not sure how it would be possible for it to vent water unless the tank was full. Water flows in at the bottom of the tank and out the overflow at the top of the tank.

Comment

Working...
                        X