No announcement yet.

Nautique PLEASE READ!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I disagree with above. In regards to the GoPro, you cannot take away a feature you advertised without giving the customer an option to keep or some level of minor “compensation”. It would be like Ford taking away Nav on my truck and telling me just use Google Maps off my phone. Truck is still functional without the Nav, but I lost something that came standard and was assumed in the purchase price.

as a side note, I picked up my 2021 G23 from the dealer today and the awareness camera looked the same as prior. I forgot to check if GoPro functionality was still there.

Comment

Originally posted by Sammm724 View Post

Yeah exactly! So you are looking for jet skis and other boaters through the camera? Ummmm that doesn't really sound safe, I suggest you use your rear view mirror or turn your head around to look and not depend on a tv screen which could be delayed. JMO
      Ummm, you think that because you probably have not used a wide view rear camera for any period of time. I am now approaching 6,000 hours of single screw inboard ownership. All of those hours were in training for or actual competition of towed water sports. I have driven in Nationals and World Ski and Wakesurf competitions. I use a mirror ALL the time. I never said I use a camera instead of a mirror. But one can't be looking at the dash for wave settings, speed, engine performance AND be looking at the mirror too. If you have driven more than 100 ft only to learn your rider fell while you were looking at the speed or other dash information you would benefit from having a camera too.

I never used a camera until I had teenagers. They are naturally more comfortable using the camera. But adding a rear view camera into your scan while using a mirror offers a level of performance you won't achieve with a mirror alone.
      Last edited by greggmck; 07-17-2021, 05:51 PM.

Comment

Man, sometimes the internet is the worst. greggmck is providing legitimate feedback to Nautique sating his dislike that they 1) disabled GoPro integration without warning and 2) made the camera view significantly worse, and people on here are telling him he should be using his mirror and not updating his software to the latest version. Wow.
        I am with you buddy; Nautique should fix this.

Comment

Agreed, this isn't about what someone should or shouldn't use, this isn't about someone having a first world problem... this was Greg posting his feedback on the user experience (something that ALL software designers should take seriously). I hope you sent it to Nautique or that they saw this post.

Comment

So here is an update on this issue: Today I investigated if options are available for reverting to the prior LINC update. I could find none. I decided to reinstall the same update. I did this because when I originally updated the SW the Release Notes were only displayed for 15 or so seconds and I did not have a chance to study them before the message disappeared. Most systems allow one to recall the Release Notes but I could not find a way to do this with LINC.

After carefully reading the Release Notes I was relieved to learn the GoPro menu was NOT completely removed. But the default is to hide that menu. One has to go into Settings / Display and select a toggle button to enable the GoPro Menu. When you do this a caution message is shown (see image below). My GoPro Hero 7 works as it did before and I saw no changes to the LINC GoPro controls. I suspect Nautique hid the menu to reduce the complaints they receive from owners of new GoPro 8 and 9 cameras that can't get the LINC system to connect. Hopefully Nautique will embrace the new GoPro Open API standard for GoPro Hero 9 cameras and deliver functionality that really works.

BTW: I contacted Nautique after I posted my concern here and today I spoke with my dealer. Nothing back so far.

LINC Release Notes:
            Click image for larger version  Name:	Release Notes.jpg Views:	0 Size:	40.8 KB ID:	640491

GoPro Menu Control Button hidden in Settings / Display Options
            Click image for larger version  Name:	GoPro Display Option.jpg Views:	0 Size:	31.6 KB ID:	640492

GoPro Caution Message
            Click image for larger version  Name:	GoPro Warning.jpg Views:	0 Size:	33.7 KB ID:	640493
            Last edited by greggmck; 07-17-2021, 06:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
              Agreed, this isn't about what someone should or shouldn't use, this isn't about someone having a first world problem... this was Greg posting his feedback on the user experience (something that ALL software designers should take seriously). I hope you sent it to Nautique or that they saw this post.
              This is a "discussion board" right?

Comment

Originally posted by Sammm724 View Post

This is a "discussion board" right?
                This is a discussion board but as a courtesy, the discussion should stay on topic.
                Changing the topic is generally done by starting a new thread.
                Previously: 2015 SAN 210

Comment

Unless you're looking at something else...I believe this pretty much stayed "On topic" the whole time. Just some different opinions didn't take it anywhere....he is still talking about his user experience....right? Even provided some screen shots.

Comment

greggmck - other than the camera view issues, how do you like the new software vs the previous?

Comment

Other than the clipped rear camera view the new version is working very well.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Comment

I apologize for moving a little off topic but everybody should be as happy as greggmck looks in his profile picture...

Comment

I wonder if this software upgrade is only available to Paragon owners. I checked mine on Friday and it was not available for my '21 G. I did find where I could leave the camera view up and not have it automatically shutoff. Pretty handy to use as a secondary view when the sun isn't glaring on the screen.

Comment

Originally posted by SANonSherman View Post

This is a discussion board but as a courtesy, the discussion should stay on topic.
                            Changing the topic is generally done by starting a new thread.
                            Well if that was the case, this thread would only be 1 page and not 4. Guess the discussion board police isn't doing their job. Maybe you should start a new topic about how to properly reply on a discussion since it seems you are really worried about it.

Comment

Originally posted by boomersooner View Post
                              I wonder if this software upgrade is only available to Paragon owners. I checked mine on Friday and it was not available for my '21 G. I did find where I could leave the camera view up and not have it automatically shutoff. Pretty handy to use as a secondary view when the sun isn't glaring on the screen.
                              This isn't available on our G25 either. Im wondering if it's only for Paragons as well.

Comment

Has anyone else received this update besides greggmck ?

Comment

Working...
                                X