Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'19 210 to a '17 G23

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • '19 210 to a '17 G23

    We own a '19 210 and I may have the chance to upgrade to a '17 G23 with 150 hours for about the same price. We ordered a 2019 210 at the beginning of the summer and ended up putting 110 hours on it. The surf wave is AMAZING. If the G23 wasn’t so close to what I currently owe on the 210 I wouldn’t even be considering it. It’s a gorgeous boat purchases from the same dealer I used. I’m not sure it would fit in my dock but I almost don’t even care! Lol The marina is minutes away and I can keep it there. Just to make sure I’m weighing everything I should be, does anyone have any comments or suggestions? I’m assuming the wave is going to be considerably better or else I wouldn’t even be thinking about it. We only surf. With larger crews the 210 was pretty crowded. Mainly want the better wave, storage and room. Thanks in advance

  • #2
    Boy that escalated quickly

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by mooneywa View Post
      Boy that escalated quickly
      The wife thinks I’m crazy! I haven’t told her I’m looking at a bigger boat yet hahaha We absolutely love the fit and finish of the Nautique brand and we’re blown away by the wave on the 210 after we got it dialed in. Swapped the rear bags, upgraded prop and 500lbs of lead. I’m looking at a G23 for close to 100k (a little more than I owe on our 210). We don’t really need it and would be totally happy with keeping our 210. Just wondering if we would really appreciate the extra room and storage

      Comment


      • #4
        I would take that deal any day. I will caution you that you’ll need to start over dialing in the wave. A regular on my crew went out with a friend who just bought a G23 to help him dial it in. The wave immediately looked amazing but didn’t have nearly the push my 230 did. It took them most of the day to get the size and push set up how they like it. By the end they had something they were super happy with. I’m just telling you this because it’s scary to trade your boat and end up with something that’s not as good. If it happens to you, just know it’s temporary and there are just a lot more settings to play with on the G23 compared to a 210/230.

        Comment


        • #5
          We are in a similar position. We will probably do a new boat in the next month and I was dead set on making the move from our 210 to a G23. I have no doubt the benefits the G bring to the table are significant, but our current dock and lift are designed for the 210 and we tow the boat so much the 210 just makes more sense for transport. We also dialed in our 210 and at 230 lbs I can have a blast behind it, but rode a dialed G23 and I can have a lot more fun behind it. From a straight boat to boat comparison, the choice is fairly obvious, but the logistics make it tough. I would say having the boat in your dock vs the marina would be a big deal to me. Even being a couple minutes away, it's not in your back yard. Throw in about $15k to upgrade your dock to support the G23 or the slip rental at the marina and it's no longer a dollar for dollar switch. Good luck, great problem to have no doubt.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by cedarcreek216 View Post
            We are in a similar position. We will probably do a new boat in the next month and I was dead set on making the move from our 210 to a G23. I have no doubt the benefits the G bring to the table are significant, but our current dock and lift are designed for the 210 and we tow the boat so much the 210 just makes more sense for transport. We also dialed in our 210 and at 230 lbs I can have a blast behind it, but rode a dialed G23 and I can have a lot more fun behind it. From a straight boat to boat comparison, the choice is fairly obvious, but the logistics make it tough. I would say having the boat in your dock vs the marina would be a big deal to me. Even being a couple minutes away, it's not in your back yard. Throw in about $15k to upgrade your dock to support the G23 or the slip rental at the marina and it's no longer a dollar for dollar switch. Good luck, great problem to have no doubt.
            So we currently live an hour away in Anchorage. We just bought a condo on the lake with a slip and a huge heated garage. The 210 will fit in either no problem. I haven’t bought a boat lift yet either (just got the keys to the condo last month). We store our 210 in a slip at the marina during the summer and in the tent at the marina during the winter BUT we’re planning to keep it in our new condos garage now. It will fit no problem. The marina is almost literally 120 second on the road but your right, it’s not in our back yard. In the winter we are an hour away from the condo and marina. It is a small gated community building/association so that adds some security. Basically, we aren’t at the marina or the condo all summer (I work out of town 2 weeks every month) so the boat is never in our “back yard”. The new condo is basically a summer home and either boat would be stored there or at the marina. I never tow the boat anywhere either. Except maybe 1-2 times a year about 15 minutes away to get detailed.
            Last edited by AKJerrod; 10-07-2019, 02:48 PM.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by cedarcreek216 View Post
              We are in a similar position. We will probably do a new boat in the next month and I was dead set on making the move from our 210 to a G23. I have no doubt the benefits the G bring to the table are significant, but our current dock and lift are designed for the 210 and we tow the boat so much the 210 just makes more sense for transport. We also dialed in our 210 and at 230 lbs I can have a blast behind it, but rode a dialed G23 and I can have a lot more fun behind it. From a straight boat to boat comparison, the choice is fairly obvious, but the logistics make it tough. I would say having the boat in your dock vs the marina would be a big deal to me. Even being a couple minutes away, it's not in your back yard. Throw in about $15k to upgrade your dock to support the G23 or the slip rental at the marina and it's no longer a dollar for dollar switch. Good luck, great problem to have no doubt.
              I’m also 230 lbs and LOVE the 210 wave. We have upgraded rear ballast, 500 lbs of lead and the 1617 prop. Truly an amazing boat for sure

              Comment


              • #8
                That's our set up. We have 750's in the rear and 500 lbs of lead sprinkled around and the 1617. I will tell you I made a weight shift two weeks ago that was a game changer for me. I had 100 lbs very front of bow under the middle bow seat and 50 under each side bow seat, 100 as far forward in the clam shell as possible, 100 behind the driver and 100 under the port side lean back directly across from the driver. I took the 100 out of the very front bow seat and threw it in the clam shell with the other 100 and it's a total different wave for me. Apparently these boats really like mid-ship weight.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by cedarcreek216 View Post
                  That's our set up. We have 750's in the rear and 500 lbs of lead sprinkled around and the 1617. I will tell you I made a weight shift two weeks ago that was a game changer for me. I had 100 lbs very front of bow under the middle bow seat and 50 under each side bow seat, 100 as far forward in the clam shell as possible, 100 behind the driver and 100 under the port side lean back directly across from the driver. I took the 100 out of the very front bow seat and threw it in the clam shell with the other 100 and it's a total different wave for me. Apparently these boats really like mid-ship weight.
                  EXACTLY! I put 110 hours on the boat and about the 50-75 hr I started placing all of the lead in/under the seat directly across from the driver. Except for 100lbs that I still keep in the bow, surf side. I found that to be the best set up. The wave is crazy fun. Def mid ship is the sweet spot!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by cedarcreek216 View Post
                    That's our set up. We have 750's in the rear and 500 lbs of lead sprinkled around and the 1617. I will tell you I made a weight shift two weeks ago that was a game changer for me. I had 100 lbs very front of bow under the middle bow seat and 50 under each side bow seat, 100 as far forward in the clam shell as possible, 100 behind the driver and 100 under the port side lean back directly across from the driver. I took the 100 out of the very front bow seat and threw it in the clam shell with the other 100 and it's a total different wave for me. Apparently these boats really like mid-ship weight.
                    So we have 400 in/under the seat across from the driver. We only have 600 lbs bags I’m the rear lockers. I’m not even sure how the 750’s fit because I have no room in there.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I took the trays out. They fill all the way and still a bit of room for a few jackets on top. Have to reinforce the engine dividers though.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I did the same things your thinking went from a 16,210 to an 18,G23. On the 210 we had wake makers bag in the rear and the rest was lead around the boat, wave was great but quickly ran out of space for anything else. so we decided to go with a G and have no regrets, the storage is beyond amazing. no bags in the rear so there is so much room in the rear lockers. On one side I have an HO sport pad, misc floats, life jackets, bumper's and buoy balls, other side I store 6 surf boards as I don't use my tower racks. That's leaves both coffin seat wide open for anything as the G ice chest is sub floor. Nothing in bow besides the anchor. The G wave is awesome out of the box, but you know anything can get better with some tweaking with lead or bags. Some will say not needed or crazy but I did plumb in bags fwd mid ship, one under the driver seat and one in the sub area so I did lose storage there on the sub area side. The wave now is bigger, stronger and more push and now don't have to worry about moving bags around and removing them when I trailer the boat. I say if your running a large crew, running out of space, and comfortable with the price, Do it, you wont regret it. if you have any questions please let me know.


                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by ITSJAC View Post
                          I did the same things your thinking went from a 16,210 to an 18,G23. On the 210 we had wake makers bag in the rear and the rest was lead around the boat, wave was great but quickly ran out of space for anything else. so we decided to go with a G and have no regrets, the storage is beyond amazing. no bags in the rear so there is so much room in the rear lockers. On one side I have an HO sport pad, misc floats, life jackets, bumper's and buoy balls, other side I store 6 surf boards as I don't use my tower racks. That's leaves both coffin seat wide open for anything as the G ice chest is sub floor. Nothing in bow besides the anchor. The G wave is awesome out of the box, but you know anything can get better with some tweaking with lead or bags. Some will say not needed or crazy but I did plumb in bags fwd mid ship, one under the driver seat and one in the sub area so I did lose storage there on the sub area side. The wave now is bigger, stronger and more push and now don't have to worry about moving bags around and removing them when I trailer the boat. I say if your running a large crew, running out of space, and comfortable with the price, Do it, you wont regret it. if you have any questions please let me know.

                          How is the wave compared to the 210? Longer, taller or more push? The sacked out 210 is a lot of fun.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by AKJerrod View Post

                            How is the wave compared to the 210? Longer, taller or more push? The sacked out 210 is a lot of fun.
                            The 210 is a great boat all around and always provided a fun filled day but the space was key for me, I don't like feeling cramped and storage was the biggest issue with the bags in the back, as you know they take the entire compartment and not much room for anything else. On the wave yes to all three, the G wave is really steep out of the box, with weight in the right spots mid ship and fwd or speeding up you can get the wave to an good length. It will all depending on how many you have on the boat, I have seen your pics online and noticed you seem to run a larger crew, with an larger crew you can get away with just putting 250-300 in sub compartment to offset prop and go and enjoy your time out. I only use lead at first and now bags to offset people as when we run with just the wife and kids. One things is it does drive completely different as it feel like a huge blob for the first couple of times but after a few outings its no problem. The best thing you can do is go for a demo and see for your self, but I think you might be coming home with a new boat once you do.
                            Last edited by ITSJAC; 10-08-2019, 10:41 AM. Reason: grammer

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by ITSJAC View Post
                              I did the same things your thinking went from a 16,210 to an 18,G23. On the 210 we had wake makers bag in the rear and the rest was lead around the boat, wave was great but quickly ran out of space for anything else. so we decided to go with a G and have no regrets, the storage is beyond amazing. no bags in the rear so there is so much room in the rear lockers. On one side I have an HO sport pad, misc floats, life jackets, bumper's and buoy balls, other side I store 6 surf boards as I don't use my tower racks. That's leaves both coffin seat wide open for anything as the G ice chest is sub floor. Nothing in bow besides the anchor. The G wave is awesome out of the box, but you know anything can get better with some tweaking with lead or bags. Some will say not needed or crazy but I did plumb in bags fwd mid ship, one under the driver seat and one in the sub area so I did lose storage there on the sub area side. The wave now is bigger, stronger and more push and now don't have to worry about moving bags around and removing them when I trailer the boat. I say if your running a large crew, running out of space, and comfortable with the price, Do it, you wont regret it. if you have any questions please let me know.

                              A good friends G is weighted just like yours, from Buxton, and yes, the wave and storage is what made us really think hard about the switch. We had 6 adults out this past weekend on a destination lake and the 210 was cramped for sure. I felt a bit captive by the stuff on the floor and the clam shell storage was packed to the max.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X