Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nautique 230 zero off cruise

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Nautique 230 zero off cruise

    Toying with the idea of having the factory zero off cruise installed on my 2017 230. Has anybody had this installed by their dealer before? What was the cost and is it worth it? Thanks in advance.


    Sent from my iPhone using PLT Nautique

  • #2
    What do you mean by "Zero Off Cruise?" The 2017 SANTE 230 already has GPS based speed control.

    -Charles

    Comment


    • #3
      Mine only has the paddle wheel. It does not have the GPS antenna (puck) or the software installed.


      Sent from my iPhone using PLT Nautique

      Comment


      • #4
        Oh yea. You're right. Now I remember. On the 2017 the Zero Off was an option.

        Comment


        • #5
          Given that you have a new 230. Is the gps cruise worth $2000 (that is the amount I was quoted). Thanks!


          Sent from my iPhone using PLT Nautique

          Comment


          • #6
            Does anyone know if I am able to install the gps antenna and software myself or do I have to bring the boat to my dealer for installation?


            Sent from my iPhone using PLT Nautique

            Comment


            • #7
              Don't know about installing it yourself, but I do think it's worth it. We have zero off and love it - use it all the time.

              Comment


              • #8
                Call Nautique parts and they will help you with that. I believe you can buy the puck and plug it into the linc . Then if you look on line there is a code you put in which gives access to turn on and off options . I found the code here some were and was able to turn on my dock light option with out having the dealer do it. But not a 100% on this . First thing i would do is see if you can find the code . You have to find linc screen setting and dealer access. Its all on line .From there you can see if the speed control option is there.
                Good luck

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by sbaird4000 View Post
                  Given that you have a new 230. Is the gps cruise worth $2000 (that is the amount I was quoted). Thanks!


                  Sent from my iPhone using PLT Nautique
                  You know, I'm not sure it is to be honest. When I ordered my 2019 SANTE 230, I optioned the Paddle Wheel for River Mode (Supplemental to Zero Off). So for surfing, I find that we use the Paddle Wheel most of the time. It accounts for current and that makes a big difference. I used to have to manually adjust the speed of the boat downstream vs. upstream or use the River Mode option on the LINC. It worked, but I had to guess at the speed of the current.

                  With the paddle wheel, it does all of that for me. I've switched back and forth between Paddle Wheel and GPS for speed control. When the current isn't running, they seem to both work equally well.

                  -Charles

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Unless your paddle breaks and you gotta put $ into fixing, I would stick with it. I would agree with charles that everyone i know that has compared says they work equally well.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by CincinnatiCC View Post
                      Don't know about installing it yourself, but I do think it's worth it. We have zero off and love it - use it all the time.
                      Thank you for the feedback!



                      Sent from my iPhone using PLT Nautique

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by kdonzi123 View Post
                        Call Nautique parts and they will help you with that. I believe you can buy the puck and plug it into the linc . Then if you look on line there is a code you put in which gives access to turn on and off options . I found the code here some were and was able to turn on my dock light option with out having the dealer do it. But not a 100% on this . First thing i would do is see if you can find the code . You have to find linc screen setting and dealer access. Its all on line .From there you can see if the speed control option is there.
                        Good luck
                        This is great info and a huge help. Iíll research this a bit. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.


                        Sent from my iPhone using PLT Nautique

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by charlesml3 View Post

                          You know, I'm not sure it is to be honest. When I ordered my 2019 SANTE 230, I optioned the Paddle Wheel for River Mode (Supplemental to Zero Off). So for surfing, I find that we use the Paddle Wheel most of the time. It accounts for current and that makes a big difference. I used to have to manually adjust the speed of the boat downstream vs. upstream or use the River Mode option on the LINC. It worked, but I had to guess at the speed of the current.

                          With the paddle wheel, it does all of that for me. I've switched back and forth between Paddle Wheel and GPS for speed control. When the current isn't running, they seem to both work equally well.

                          -Charles
                          Thank you very much. You build a strong case for the paddle wheel and I very much appreciate your honest answer. The reason I was considering the gps is because my friend, a Malibu owner, had a difficult time getting my boat to maintain a constant speed while I was surfing. I attribute it to a number of variables such as the fact that he only uses his zero off so he wasnít used to a paddle wheel and the fact the our lake was quite choppy the day we went out. The chop made it more difficult to surf and equally difficult to maintain a consistent speed with the paddle wheel cruise. My thought was that the gps cruise would all but eliminate both variables and make the boat easier to pilot for anyone in the helm. Thank you!


                          Sent from my iPhone using PLT Nautique

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by sbaird4000 View Post

                            Thank you very much. You build a strong case for the paddle wheel and I very much appreciate your honest answer. The reason I was considering the gps is because my friend, a Malibu owner, had a difficult time getting my boat to maintain a constant speed while I was surfing. I attribute it to a number of variables such as the fact that he only uses his zero off so he wasnít used to a paddle wheel and the fact the our lake was quite choppy the day we went out. The chop made it more difficult to surf and equally difficult to maintain a consistent speed with the paddle wheel cruise. My thought was that the gps cruise would all but eliminate both variables and make the boat easier to pilot for anyone in the helm. Thank you!


                            Sent from my iPhone using PLT Nautique
                            Maybe but if it's a choppy day then really nothing is going to work well. The GPS will work a LITTLE bit better in chop but it's still going to be a miserable surf. I don't know, man. I'm just not sure I'd drop $2000 just for that. When I ordered my 2017, I did option the GPS but knowing what I know now, I doubt I'd spend the money on that.

                            If you stick with what you have, keep one of these on-hand: https://www.nautiqueparts.com/produc...placement-kit/

                            It's inexpensive and easy to install.

                            -Charles

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Based on everything Iíve read, I donít think Iím gonna spend the money. I remember surfing all last year and never having a single issue with the paddle wheel. Iím thinking my frustration stems more from the choppy water conditions than from the paddle wheel itself.Thank you for the link to the part. I do have to ask a question however, where is the paddlewheel located on the hull of the boat?


                              Sent from my iPhone using PLT Nautique

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X