6000 lb floatlift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6000 lb floatlift

I currently have a 6000lb sunstream float lift for sale. I used it with my previous boat. Is there any way it will work with my 19 G23? I know the weight of the boat but I do also know they under weight the capacity if these lifts but a few hundred lbs. Would it work for a while until I can sell it? Anyone have experience?

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

How much do you want for that lift? I might be interested in it.
    Current Boats —> 2020 Super Air Nautique G23 -- 1999 Ski Nautique Open Bow -- 1981 Fish Nautique (TWIN ENGINE)
    Former Boats —> 2019 Super Air Nautique G23 -- 2018 Super Air Nautique G23 -- 2017 Super Air Nautique G23, 2016 Super Air Nautique G23 -- 2015 Super Air Nautique G23 -- 2014 Super Air Nautique G232013 Super Air Nautique G232012 Super Air Nautique 210 Team Edition2011 Super Air Nautique 210 Team Edition2010 Super Air Nautique 210 Team Edition2008 Super Air Nautique 230 Team Edition2007 Air Nautique 236 Team Edition -- 2003 Super Air Nautique 210 Team Edition -- 2001 Sport Nautique -- 1998 Ski Nautique -- 1998 Ski Nautique -- 1997 Ski Nautique -- 1997 Ski Nautique -- 1994 Ski Nautique -- 1993 Barefoot Nautique -- 1981 Fish Nautique (SINGLE ENGINE)

Need something for your boat? Please check out our site sponsors! Not only do they offer the best products available, they also support this site.
    NautiqueParts.com - Roswell Marine - SeaDek Marine Products - Delta Propellers - SkiSafe - Xtreme Heaters -- PCM Marine Engines -- PerfectPass - C&S MarineTouchless Boat Cover

Comment

Personally I would not chance it

Comment

Originally posted by NautiqueJeff View Post
        How much do you want for that lift? I might be interested in it.
        I'm asking 18 Canadian. Not sure what the conversion is. I am open to offers.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

Comment

I have the 10,000lb Sunstream float lift for my 2019 G23. I have owned it for 5 years. I would NEVER consider the 6,000lb model for a G23. You generally operate a fully loaded boat with people, gear, full fuel, cooler, etc. This will put you at least 500 to 1000lbs over the 6,000lb capacity. These lifts can roll over if they are operated over capacity. Personally I also think they may be over rated. With gear, fuel, and 800lbs of lead I feel confident that my lift is operating well within its design limits but honestly I would not trust it with much more weight. I had to have Sunstream come out twice to change the bunk mounting hardware because it was showing signs of stress. I treat my lift as an 8,000 lbs lift. I wouldn't want to operate it with a 10,000 boat on it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

FYI, There is a 10,000lb Sunstream float lift available for sale in the Seattle area.

It's a pretty good price too.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Agreed. I would not chance it either. I have an 8500lb rated lift for my G23 and itÂ’s aluminum with legs on the lake floor. WouldnÂ’t want anything smaller.

https://docks.com/elevateur/boat-lift-gm-hyd-85120/

Sent from my iPhone using PLT Nautique

Comment

I was recently in the market for a lift and found a used 6000lb Sunstream. I called the factory to see if it could be modified to fit my 230 which has lead in it and they said their lifts are over-rated. A 6000lb lift is actually only really good for about 5500lbs. If memory serves, they’re just now coming out with a 7000lb-ish lift. Those lifts are nice, but they sure are way more spendy than others.

Comment

Originally posted by markj View Post
                  I was recently in the market for a lift and found a used 6000lb Sunstream. I called the factory to see if it could be modified to fit my 230 which has lead in it and they said their lifts are over-rated. A 6000lb lift is actually only really good for about 5500lbs. If memory serves, they’re just now coming out with a 7000lb-ish lift. Those lifts are nice, but they sure are way more spendy than others.
                  Interesting that any manufacturer would put a weight limit on a lift that the lift was actually not capable of lifting. Most manufacturers would do the exact opposite to avoid warranty/legal claims.
                  2007 Malibu Wakesetter 23 LSV, 1995 Cobalt 200

Comment

Originally posted by Evening Shade View Post

Interesting that any manufacturer would put a weight limit on a lift that the lift was actually not capable of lifting. Most manufacturers would do the exact opposite to avoid warranty/legal claims.
                    Yep. It threw me for a loop when they said it too. I later noticed a warning sticker on the used one I was looking at that says the same thing. Strange world.

Comment

Working...
                    X