Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Towing 2018 G23 600 miles to Lake Shasta - tower up ok?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Towing 2018 G23 600 miles to Lake Shasta - tower up ok?

My instinct is to tow with tower up, non-pooling cover my dealer always provides which fits well. I will run a couple of layers of clear shrink wrap under the cover along the rub rail plus wrap the tower and use my neoprene speaker covers and call it good. Anyone have a different opinion? Appreciate the assist.

Sent from my iPhone using PLT Nautique

Sounds good to me. I tow many more miles than that every year, and believe me, the boat will be fine.

Make sure your tires are full of air, check your lug nuts, and make sure your lights are working properly.
    Current Boats > 2019 Super Air Nautique G23 -- 1999 Ski Nautique Open Bow -- 1997 Ski Nautique -- 1993 Barefoot Nautique -- 1981 Fish Nautique (TWIN ENGINE)
    Former Boats > 2018 Super Air Nautique G23 -- 2017 Super Air Nautique G23, 2016 Super Air Nautique G23 -- 2015 Super Air Nautique G23 -- 2014 Super Air Nautique G23 2013 Super Air Nautique G23 2012 Super Air Nautique 210 Team Edition 2011 Super Air Nautique 210 Team Edition 2010 Super Air Nautique 210 Team Edition 2008 Super Air Nautique 230 Team Edition 2007 Air Nautique 236 Team Edition -- 2003 Super Air Nautique 210 Team Edition -- 2001 Sport Nautique -- 1998 Ski Nautique -- 1997 Ski Nautique -- 1994 Ski Nautique -- 1981 Fish Nautique (SINGLE ENGINE)

Need something for your boat? Please check out our site sponsors! Not only do they offer the best products available, they also support this site.
    NautiqueParts.com - Roswell Marine - SeaDek Marine Products - Delta Propellers - SkiSafe - Xtreme Heaters -- PCM Marine Engines -- PerfectPass - C&S Marine Touchless Boat Cover

Comment

I have an 18 G23 as well. We tow 600 miles (round trip) each year with the factory cover and the tower up. Zero issues. Not sure what your cover is...obviously it needs to fit snug. The factory nautique cover has a slick ratchet system to keep it super tight.

Comment

Thanks guys! My cover does have the ratchet system so maybe it is the factory cover. It fits well.

Comment

Two thoughts (I have 2016 SAN 230 so may be little different)

1. If towing long distance on freeway I cover the locking pin on the window with towel or cloth. Otherwise it can tear small hole in my cover at high speeds.

2. Same thing on my Bimini top, I wrap a cloth around hinge on wing I fold in first, as it otherwise can make small tear in Bimini top.

Comment

Tow 600 miles round trip to Shasta several times a year. Tower up and factory cover on. Been good for three years now.

Comment

Thanks Ironman97459 and 49ersDirk - comments appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by sixcampbells View Post
                My instinct is to tow with tower up, non-pooling cover my dealer always provides which fits well. I will run a couple of layers of clear shrink wrap under the cover along the rub rail plus wrap the tower and use my neoprene speaker covers and call it good. Anyone have a different opinion? Appreciate the assist.

Towed that same way from Los Angeles to Lake Powell with no issues. Enjoy!!!
                2019 SAN G23 | 2016 SAN G23 | 2013 Wakesetter 23 LSV | 2008 Wakesetter 23 LSV | 2003 Wakesetter 23 LSV | 2000 Wakesetter VLX | 1998 Sanger V210 | 1994 Magic Sceptor 28 | 1985 Cole TR2 | Too many PWC to count!

Comment

Towed the boat quite a lot +750miles with tower up and cover on, my remarks:

1. Remove the mirror from the window. It can punch through the cover
                  2. Check if the window pin doesn't touch the cover
                  3. I always remove the tower speakers. They are heavy and on high speeds with non water vibration I assume it causes less stress on the tower (I leave them on for a 100mile trip)
                  4. Tie down you bungee cords of the board racks
                  5. Turn your board racks in
                  6. I leave the bimini on, removed it once and it punched a hole in the cover from the inside. Bimini is like weight and mounting points are low on the tower
                  7. Make sure stuff in your boat don't touch the tower, see item 6

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G950F met Tapatalk

230 with ZR6 running on propane

Comment

Working...
                  X