Taking a dip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taking a dip

I was wondering how easily it is to dip the bow on the different models. I had a 211 and my first season with it I found that it was quite easy to dip the front into an oncoming wave if I wasn’t careful. While I got used to what to avoid it wasn’t always possible with rough water to avoid each occasion depending on the number of people that were up front.
    What is it like in the 230, G23, GS22, etc. I would love to hear what people think on their model.

Sent from my iPhone using PLT Nautique

Well I have a G23 with 200lbs of lead in the bow and when I fill all ballasts 100% , the bow is easy to dip while surfing if you don't pay attention to what you are doing. Without the lead weight, no problem

Comment

IÂ’ve driven a plethora of different wake boats from all brands. All of them will remind you what water feels like in the driver seat. If you pay attention you can pretty much avoid dipping the bow all together, but it will catch anyone off guard a time or two a year.

Sent from my iPad using PLT Nautique
      Last edited by brit_hunsicker; 01-13-2019, 05:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by brit_hunsicker View Post
        I’ve driven a plethora of different wake boats from all brands. All of them will remind you water water feels like in the driver seat. If you pay attention you can pretty much avoid dipping the bow all together, but it will catch anyone off guard a time or two a year.

Sent from my iPad using PLT Nautique
        Well said

Comment

It's not uncommon to get a little splash over the bow every now and then. But a good soaker happens a couple times a season in our G23. It probably occurs more when we have a new rider in the water and are more focused on them than a possible bow dip when coming around.

The good thing is the G23 is big and has lots of places for water to go. Never really had an issue with things getting wet, but it seems to make people lounging in the bow cranky.

Comment

While I know you guys can really put a lot of ballast in the Gs I am quite surprise you still have this issue. Thanks for the insight. Anybody on here have similar experience with the GSs and the 210 and 230?

Comment

No lead on my G23 and still not hard to dip the bow if you aren’t watching what you’re doing picking up surfers. With newer drivers it happens a few times and then they can avoid it with a little coaching.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If you drive properly you should have no problem with just about any boat once you get used to it.

Comment

As pointed out if you drive properly and avoid power turning you should never dip the bow. I can’t say I have not done it but I do recognize conditions that can produce this result and avoid them.

2008 210 SANTE

Comment

Originally posted by beamons View Post
                    While I know you guys can really put a lot of ballast in the Gs I am quite surprise you still have this issue. Thanks for the insight. Anybody on here have similar experience with the GSs and the 210 and 230?

Don't forget that while the G is a bigger boat, it is also producing a bigger surf wake and that can be the issue all on it's own...lol.

Comment

Originally posted by beamons View Post

I had a gs20 with 400 pounds of lead in back and 300 up front... awesome wave but easy to swamp. Like everyone else said, you can swamp any boat if your not paying attention, especially if you turn into your own wave.

Comment

I will go against the grain a little and say it is pretty difficult to dip the nose on the G23. It is very high out of the water. I don't have lead up front and that might be all the difference. Much harder to dip the nose than most any other boat out there.

I have put 2250 pounds in a Nautique 200, now that has potential for a wet ride! On a side note, it makes a nicely shaped and long surf wave.

The real test is when you are driving perfectly and converging surf waves from all of the other folks come at you. I think it is possible at times to be helpless, and at my lake no amount of skill can save you sometimes from getting caught in the washing machine. The G shines very well when that happens. For that reason, we only surfed the Nautique 200 when there was practically no traffic.

Comment

I like to think the G23 comes with a dip on command feature. Usually when my teenage son is sleeping in the bow while we are pulling his younger brother the dip feature is automatically activated.

Comment

I like to think the G23 comes with a dip on command feature. Usually when my teenage son is sleeping in the bow while we are pulling his younger brother the dip feature is automatically activated.

Comment

Had several 210 boats and they all will do it if your not careful .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                              Current Correct Craft Boat
                              [URL="http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/02/05/1e6128564805861d2625d7b7f8efd2f1.jpg"]2015 SANTE 210[/URL]

Correct Craft Boats Owned
                              [URL="http://www.planetnautique.com/vb5/attachment.php?attachmentid=17771&d=1340117700"]2012 SANTE 210 (Boatmate Trailer)[/URL]
                              [URL="http://www.planetnautique.com/vb5/attachment.php?attachmentid=14107&d=1313460568"]2003 SANTE 210 (Dorsey Trailer)[/URL]
                              [URL="http://www.planetnautique.com/vb3/attachment.php?attachmentid=14108&d=1313461675"]2007 SANTE 210 (Magnum Trailer)[/URL]

Comment

Working...
                              X