How long for order to be processed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long for order to be processed

My dealer placed an order for me on a 2019 G23 mid to late September, I’m wondering how long after the order is placed does production on average typically start? Any info is appreciated.

Originally posted by esse77 View Post
    My dealer placed an order for me on a 2019 G23 mid to late September, I’m wondering how long after the order is placed does production on average typically start? Any info is appreciated.
    All depends when you place the order within the year. I placed my order in Jan and boat was at dealer mid Feb (6 week window from start to finish)

Comment

Your boat dealer should be able to help you with this. It is their job to make sure your boat doesn't arrive in July.

Most dealers are assigned slots, so depending on your dealer's assigned slots, signing up early may not help.

Comment

Originally posted by Tallredrider View Post
        Your boat dealer should be able to help you with this. It is their job to make sure your boat doesn't arrive in July.

Most dealers are assigned slots, so depending on your dealer's assigned slots, signing up early may not help.
        Correct. When I ordered my boat in Jan my dealer had 2 of his 3 slots available since 1 of his slots had already been filled.

Comment

For what its worth our dealer was out of slots for a G21 until Feb 2019 but was able to trade slots with another dealer and get our boat several months sooner.
          We ordered in late July and got the boat mid September.

Comment

What's the best time of year to place an order on a boat? If there is such a time, that is.

Comment

Originally posted by Schaner View Post
              What's the best time of year to place an order on a boat? If there is such a time, that is.
              Late Dec

Comment

Why is late Dec best? Just the shortest time to build, cost or both?

Comment

Originally posted by Adrenaline1 View Post
                  Why is late Dec best? Just the shortest time to build, cost or both?
                  Shorter time to build because not many orders are placed at that time. Also the fact that the new boat will be delivered in the dead of winter (Feb) may keep folks from ordering in Dec

Comment

Last day to submit my order for November build slot was October 15th. Order was placed, and was accepted by Nautique. Don't know the exact time boat is supposed to go into production, but I am told it should be here early December

Comment

I would offer a different opinion on the "best" time (obviously this is arbitrary). I ordered mine early August for a slot that was projected to deliver the end of Sept. I received it Oct 30. The delay was aggravating, but It was not an incredibly early boat (around # 250 of the 2019 G23's produced) and it ensures I have the boat for the entirety of next summer. Our dealer ordered a boat for themselves to use and at this point is projecting spring for delivery. There are many factors and one of which is Nautique does a poor job of projecting their production. This coupled with business practices of bumping build slots when larger dealers place orders ends up meaning you could see a wide period of time to guess when you would receive the boat.

I would say the best time is months in advance of when you want to use it. I will be riding all winter and sold my previous boat at the height of the summer when I got top dollar.

As far as price I think the main break to be had is finding one you love that is sitting on a dealer lot and haggling...much easier than trying to haggle when you are choosing options, colors, etc. and they have a line of people willing to buy these.

Comment

Originally posted by Jmulhollen View Post

I would say the best time is months in advance of when you want to use it.
                        That is why I ordered mine in late Dec for early Feb arrival well before the next boating season. Dealers and manufacturing are very slow then so the deliver window is much much shorter then at any other time of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by Jmulhollen View Post
                          This coupled with business practices of bumping build slots when larger dealers place orders ends up meaning you could see a wide period of time to guess when you would receive the boat.
                          I hear that this is true, so unless your dealer is the high volume dealer, order as soon as you reasonably can.

Comment

here's what my dealer sent me. doesn't really make sense to me. it is a November build slot, last day to make any changes was October 15th. Says build date is October 18th, with completion Nov 21. Doesn't make sense
                            Click image for larger version  Name:	fullsizeoutput_679.jpeg Views:	2 Size:	213.7 KB ID:	571972
                            Attached Files

Comment

Nothing more than a crap shoot and smoking mirrors . When the boat is at your dealer you know it has been completed .

Comment

Working...
                              X