No announcement yet.

New boat help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please don't say the 210 and 230 are a dying breed. I don't like driving with a load of people in the bow so the wide shape is of no concern but I do think the 230 is a much sexier boat and its stated here all the time. I guess it seems dated becasue so many boats have gone to deck boat styling. Love live the 210 and 230!

Comment

MIkenbike211, Thanks, great info comparing the two boats. I can't wait to hear the results on the 22' with the extra "pro" balast option. We are trying to decide between those 3 boats as well (tough though because the 210 is so much less expensive especially compared to the GS22).

Comment

Originally posted by Zlcutler View Post
        Kylant, i feel your pain, i have been demoing and shopping for the past 3 months to replace my Malibu VTX. My family loves to ski and surf. I used to belong to a private lake and ski'd the course for years, never got great, just 28' off at 34.2mph. I have been a big Malibu guy but the GS line got me interested in the their crossover ability. My experience with Nautique is surfing and skiing behind my friends 210 and two of my buds 230's (both with extra ballast). The other day i demo'd a GS22 with pro ballast and here are my thoughts.

The ski wake - ( i ski'd at 36mph and 35' off, my usual free ski speed and length on my VTX) and it was better than my 08' VTX, the wake size was similar but the GS is was much softer through the prop wash... i have had heard that both Nate Smith and Chris Parrish cant tell the difference between the ski wake of the GS20 vs GS22. I will say that it was weird skiing behind such a large boat after years behind my Response LXI and VTX, so much so that i couldnt believe the wake was so soft and flat... seems like an anomaly.

The Surf Wake - Most of my surfing has been behind my VTX, my friends LSV23 and 2 different 230's. I am 220lbs and i can honestly say that with pro ballast and only 2 people in the boat the GS22 gave me one of the best surf wakes i have ever surfed. It honestly had more push and a deeper pocket than my friends 2015 LSV 23 and a similar size to my 230 experience. The one thing i really like is the lip on the GS22, while it was similar in size as the 230 it was more fun to play on that lip... I will even go as far as saying that while the size was similar to the 230 it seemed like it had more push deeper in the pocket than my 230 experience...

I hope this helps... and by the way, the H6 at 3000' elevation was an absolute rocket, almost over kill on this boat. At your elevation is will be perfect.

Thank you for this review. This is great. I am confident I have made the right decision. Sounds like the pro ballast works well. I have wanted to add weight to my 20, but the lack of power prohibited me from doing so. In stock form, I was able to surf it well.

Thanks for comparing to the 230. I was definitely curious. I know the 22 will ski better, but it sounds like the wave may also be on par or better than it. I wasn't keen on adding a bunch of extra weight to the 230 to make the wave great. With nearly 3000# of ballast in the 22, I can't see how it could be "bad." It has to be better than the 20 with 1850#.

Comment

Originally posted by mikenbike211 View Post
          Well I guess it’s my turn to say a little something about the gs20. This boat by far has been the best surf wave I’ve seen in awhile thanks to 700# of lead ( 300 in bow and 400 in rear) honestly, people are usually pretty impressed with the wave behind that boat. Stock it’s ok but nothing compared to more weight and an upgraded prop. I work for a Nautique dealer and spoke to Wensink about how much and where to weight the gs20. He was spot on, you can’t just shove it all into the rear on that boat due to hull design, and efficiencies. Every boat likes it somewhere different. I since sold the 20 and am ordering the 22. I didn’t like the styling and bow of the gs series at first but I’ve grown to love it. The only downside to the 20 is it does feel cramped inside and I hate where the battery switch is located. That said, I have obviously run the gs22 and was very unimpressed with the surf wave. Spoke to Wensink again and he said the 22 has more weight toward the front than the 20 so that is why the optional pro pkg is all in the rear. Excited to see the 22 wave with the extra weight. Going to be a long winter to wait! As far at the 230 is concerned, I’m not a fan. Waves are alright out of the box, extra is always better. Not crazy about the dated styling either. Something tells me the 210 and 230 are a dying breed. Anyways, I personally feel like these boats should not need extra weight added to make a killer wave, should be available to do that from the factory... I love the room in the 22, I would (and I am) go with the 22. It will be around a long time
          Thank you for this info.

After comparing the 2 boats side by side twice, and demoing the 230, we ordered the 22. I am confident I made the right decision.
          I came down the styling, room, features, and versatility. Even though it is 1 foot shorter than the 230, it seems bigger. There is more room everywhere. We have really enjoyed our 20, but it didn't make me happy. Everyone in the family liked the 22 more. It will be a long 8 months

Comment

You’re going to love the 22. After my demo the last concern I had was if it could surf well... especially since the day I surfed it we only had full factory ballast plus the 700lbs pro ballast and two light people in the boat, maybe 140lbs each and it was truly awesome. I can only imagine how nice it’ll be with a boat load of people!

Comment

Originally posted by Mikofer78
              Good choice, 22 is a rather good boat. But be careful with a seller. I have recently purchased a brand new Princess 55 Flybridge from Princess Yachts UK, and I have not been able to enjoy my new boat as I dreamed of, except for a few occasional weekends when I could find a window between repair works. This was a huge disappointment for me and my family. The whole story is here above.
              I read through some of this and agreed, this is a terrible experience you're having with that Princess 55. Honestly I'd just walk away from that one.

That said, this story is really pretty irrelevant to this forum. It just doesn't make sense to compare these two boats. They're totally different.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	fullsizeoutput_67c.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	53.2 KB ID:	572701
                new boat showed up today
                Last edited by kylant; 11-28-2018, 07:40 PM.

Comment

Post some good pics inside and out

Comment

Congrats. I am hoping our gs22 shows up soon. Dealer thinks it will be an Xmas gift

Comment

Originally posted by kylant View Post
                      Click image for larger version  Name:	fullsizeoutput_67c.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	53.2 KB ID:	572701
                      new boat showed up today
                      Let’s see it! Mines in order now too

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	44AC8049-2EAB-4B25-B4AF-B674CC5D0591.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	59.7 KB ID:	572764

went down to complete the deal. it wasn’'t even unwrapped yet. it was pouring rain. they pulled it in a service bay and unwrapped it so we could see it. it appears to be everything we ordered. i think it turned out awesome. pretty stoked. only got one pic
                        Last edited by kylant; 11-30-2018, 01:27 PM.

Comment

Nice. Masters blue flake?

Comment

Originally posted by Adrenaline1 View Post
                            Nice. Masters blue flake?
                            Yep, masters blue metal flake, black top deck and accent.
                            frost grey interior, gunmetal primary stripe, black textures and seat boxing, masters blue piping and thread
                            interior is same scheme as our gs 20, but with masters blue instead of reef.

i pretty much put just about everything on this boat, except 2 sets of tower speakers, platform ladder, and inhanced courtesy lighting (wife said that is a waste of money, lol)

Last edited by kylant; 11-30-2018, 10:24 AM.

Comment

Nice, can't wait for more pics, especially the interior. Congrats.

Comment

Originally posted by kylant View Post
                                Click image for larger version  Name:	44AC8049-2EAB-4B25-B4AF-B674CC5D0591.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	59.7 KB ID:	572764

went down to complete the deal. it wasn’'t even unwrapped yet. it was pouring rain. they pulled it in a service bay and unwrapped it so we could see it. it appears to be everything we ordered. i think it turned out awesome. pretty stoked. only got one pic
                                Looks super clean

Sent from my iPhone using PLT Nautique

Comment

Working...
                                X