• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

60 a summer since I got it in 2015

Comment

50 or so. Not enough . . . .

Comment

Some of it depends on how you use the boat too....I know people that never shut the boat down when they are out and you can rack up some hours quickly doing that, if I did that it would easily double the actual hours on my boat ticker. I on the other hand shut down the boat every time I am switching riders, stop for a couple mins, etc. Makes a BIG difference. I have been putting between 80-100hrs a season on my boat according to the ticker, but I am also blessed to only use my boat every 3rd time I actually go surfing since I ride with group and we switch off boats each time, so probably about 300hrs spent surfing. This summer will be higher for sure, I have been out 2-3 times per week since April....
        I really do not have the time to be out that much, but I make it a priority to get out cause it allows me to be much more stress free in all other areas in life and especially since I have a very high-stress career, its important to me to be able to decompress so at least one night during week I hit the lake around 4-5pm and we surf till dark. Its only in the last few years that I have done that since I realized that I was working way to much and if you never give yourself a break....you will never enjoy the reason you work so dang hard to begin with. With 2 teenage girls and a son who just graduated college, I started realizing that time goes by too fast and if I missed the time with family, it would all be pointless and by the time the "golden years" came....I would be too tired and set in my workaholic ways to enjoy them.

Comment

Originally posted by Infinity View Post
          Some of it depends on how you use the boat too....I know people that never shut the boat down when they are out and you can rack up some hours quickly doing that, if I did that it would easily double the actual hours on my boat ticker. I on the other hand shut down the boat every time I am switching riders, stop for a couple mins, etc. Makes a BIG difference. I have been putting between 80-100hrs a season on my boat according to the ticker, but I am also blessed to only use my boat every 3rd time I actually go surfing since I ride with group and we switch off boats each time, so probably about 300hrs spent surfing. This summer will be higher for sure, I have been out 2-3 times per week since April....
          I really do not have the time to be out that much, but I make it a priority to get out cause it allows me to be much more stress free in all other areas in life and especially since I have a very high-stress career, its important to me to be able to decompress so at least one night during week I hit the lake around 4-5pm and we surf till dark. Its only in the last few years that I have done that since I realized that I was working way to much and if you never give yourself a break....you will never enjoy the reason you work so dang hard to begin with. With 2 teenage girls and a son who just graduated college, I started realizing that time goes by too fast and if I missed the time with family, it would all be pointless and by the time the "golden years" came....I would be too tired and set in my workaholic ways to enjoy them.
          Amen brother I hear you

Comment

Yea, my hours on the lake are way higher than my annual engine hours which are anywhere between 50 and 100 on a given year with little kids and a northern climate. We spend a lot of time floating and swimming. Before wife/kids, we'd do 150 to 200 typically. I also shut my boat down anytime it's not in active use towing/cruising/etc, and refuse to have it on if someone's at the platform or switching riders.

Comment

Originally posted by Infinity View Post
              Couldn't have said better!

Comment

I am envious. 60-70 engine hours a summer for us - we trailer to and from the lake. : (

Comment

I had been told that the national average for inboard boats was 25 hours per year. This group is killing that average!!

Comment

Lucky to have 3 G23s that we rotate between on our lake, pretty evenly. Would venture to say that we are at about 180-200 hours total...I put on about 60-65/year on mine.
                    2018 SAN G23 XR550
                    2015 SAN G23 XR550
                    2014 SAN G23 XR550
                    2013 SAN G23 XS550
                    2013 SAN G23 ZR450
                    2011 SAN 230
                    2010 SAN 230
                    2000 XStar
                    www.mnspringride.com

Comment

Originally posted by blueroom View Post
                      I am envious. 60-70 engine hours a summer for us - we trailer to and from the lake. : (
                      This makes a huge difference. I hope to be able to put 30 min a day at least one day...
                      2018 SAN 230
                      1981 Ski Nautique
                      Sold - 2011 Sport 200V
                      Sold - 2000 SAN

Comment

Normally 200. Just sold our 2016 with 400 hrs

Sent from my iPhone using PLT Nautique

Comment

Seeing all this information about shutting engine down if changing riders. Do you all do this? Is this a strain on starter or anything?

Sent from my iPhone using PLT Nautique

Comment

I prefer not to breathe exhaust while I'm booting up. I'm not worried about the starter, they'll handle a ton of starts, and if it goes out, I'll deal with it. The only time I would give the starter a thought is if you forgot the plug and let water get up to the starter level.

Sent from my G3423 using Tapatalk

Comment

80 to 100 between April and November
                              2013 G23 450 with NSS (175hrs) and still have the original prop
                              2010 SANTE 230 343 (280hrs)
                              pre 2010 - various open bow boats and jet skis

Comment

We leave the boat on when changing riders because it allows us to deal with any rollers which may come along during the time the boat is sitting still. Had a bad experience a couple times with that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Ian S
                                2014 SANTE. NSS. Pro balllast. Boatmate trailer
                                2004 SANTE. 4000 lb ballast, 2013 graphics (prev). Ramlin trailer
                                2009 Moomba Outback (prev). Boatmate trailer

Comment

Working...
                                X