Click image for larger version

Name:	B39BD44E-0A20-4E02-B6EE-A9C24C192E3A.jpeg
Views:	145
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	562011 Click image for larger version

Name:	02DC7DC5-3D14-49E2-89BF-D17EC2ABD477.jpeg
Views:	140
Size:	27.7 KB
ID:	562012 Please be on the lookout for our 09 SAN 210 it was just stolen for Superior Boat repair in Sacramento on 7/12/18

Please be on the look out for our 09 SAN 210. It was stolen out of Superior Boat and Repair in Sacramento last night 7/11/18 around 5 A.M.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_42712.jpg Views:	1 Size:	39.2 KB ID:	562026 Click image for larger version  Name:	image_42713.jpg Views:	1 Size:	73.7 KB ID:	562027
    Last edited by Cbra3594; 07-12-2018, 06:22 PM.

Comment

• functionoverfashion
      functionoverfashion commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow, that's fantastic that you got the boat back. It's good, I guess, that the thieves were dumb enough to use the boat in a nearby area. WTF? But I'm glad for you that they were dumb.

A guy I work with recently had a bike stolen off his car in the parking lot at work. It was found days later when someone tried to sell it through a local bike shop.

• HS
      HS commented
      Editing a comment
      I have to ask, were they able to start it with the key pad or otherwise?

• Cbra3594
      Cbra3594 commented
      Editing a comment
      They pulled off the cover underneath the helm and hot wired it.

Will keep an eye out...any distinct features on it to know its yours? I do see the CF # so that might be enough

Comment

chefred 112 Thanks, the color combination with the white on the top, black on the bottom and the griffin is unique. But it also has some Agenda Surf stickers on the front window and both side vents. The swim platform also has agenda surf decking on it.

Comment

UPDATE....Thanks everyone who was looking for the boat. It was found yesterday 12hrs after it was stolen. An employee of Superior Boat and Repair was out at Folsom Lake and saw the trailer. he called me and we called the police. They were able to release the boat last night to me with minor damage but intact. Thanks again to everyone for the quick response and thanks Ryan from Superior Boats.

Comment

What happened to the thieves?

Comment

That's great to hear!!! We would love to hear the followup story...

Comment

The family of 4 adults and 6 children were just out on the lake for a fun and relaxing day. They put the adults in handcuffs and had the children set on the ground. after a couple hours the young kids(5-10) were released to a grandparent. After a couple more hours the older kids (14-16) and three of the adults were released and allowed to take the SUV, which was used to steal the boat, and go home. They kept the driver of the boat and took him to jail.

Nobody wants to own a boat but everyone wants a friend with a boat, I guess I am that friend.

Comment

I love a happy ending. I saw your boat at Superior. Looks like they beached it and jacked up your dash to hotwire it. I hope it doesn’t take long for you to get your boat fixed and back out there to enjoy the peak of the season.

I’d really love to interview the thug thieves and ask some questions. Can you imagine watching your dad get cuffed for stealing a boat you were just on right in front of you???

Comment

Glad you got your boat back.

So I have to admit, I'm full of questions. But the #1 is did they think they would not get caught? #2 is how did they know enough to hot wire?

Seems like previous / current marine service employees. Too much fanageling for the average Joe.

Criminals are not smart. A few episodes of Dateline shows that.

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Skidave View Post
                    Glad you got your boat back.

So I have to admit, I'm full of questions. But the #1 is did they think they would not get caught? #2 is how did they know enough to hot wire?

Seems like previous / current marine service employees. Too much fanageling for the average Joe.

Criminals are not smart. A few episodes of Dateline shows that.

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk
                    It's so unfathomable that they stole the boat and then invited the whole family to go out for the day on a nearby body of water, like it was no big deal. I was wondering if maybe someone ELSE stole the boat and sold it to this poor unsuspecting family. But that doesn't sound like the case.

Comment

I want to know how they stole it from Superior. Isn't the whole lot there gated?

Comment

Wow some story. I want to know if the hot wire was easy to do without damage in case my key pad ever fails.

Comment

Superior did have a gate with a lock but they tried to pick the lock first and then they just cut the chain. As far as how easy it is to hot wire, not sure but none of the gauges worked when they did it.

Comment

The '09 will undoubtedly be a bit different, but there's this thread on the older models on bypassing the keypad as an emergency backup.

Comment

Working...
                            X