Discussion with Nautique regarding the replacement for Pebble watch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scottb7 View Post
    Am I wrong, I thought it was not a supported option on a 2018? Isn't what someone said in this thread?
    You are wrong. It is most certainly supported in the 2018s.

-Charles

Comment

Gang,

I've been beating my dealer up on this for a while now and finally have some news:

- Starting with 2019 boats, Nautique will support the Garmin Fenix 5 smartwatch for Nautique Surf Select.

- There has been NO announcement regarding a back-port for 2016-2018 boats. That doesn't mean there won't be, but as of today...

-Charles

Comment

Originally posted by charlesml3 View Post
        Gang,

I've been beating my dealer up on this for a while now and finally have some news:

- Starting with 2019 boats, Nautique will support the Garmin Fenix 5 smartwatch for Nautique Surf Select.

- There has been NO announcement regarding a back-port for 2016-2018 boats. That doesn't mean there won't be, but as of today...

-Charles

https://www.swimoutlet.com/p/garmin-...6/?color=54353

Good news but definitely more pricy then the Pebble watch no doubt

Comment

Oh forgot one more point:

- On June 30 (end of this month) the existing Pebble servers will be shut down permanently. This does present a bit of a problem for us. After June 30th it's going to be somewhat more difficult to buy a Pebble off of Amazon or eBay, get the firmware updated and load it with the NSS app.

Details are here: http://rebble.io/

-Charles

Comment

Any bets on if this will work as well as the GoPro rollout............

Comment

Originally posted by Guntersville230 View Post
              Any bets on if this will work as well as the GoPro rollout............
              Well that's impossible to say for sure, but for the most part the Pebble works pretty good on the 2016-2018 YM boats. Yea it could be tricky in a few spots, but really, it works quite well once you get the right firmware and version of the NSS app on it. Several of us here have worked pretty diligently to troubleshoot and document the process.

Since this isn't exactly new for Nautique, I'd expect the Garmin to work just as well.

-Charles

Comment

Oh forgot one more point:

- On June 30 (end of this month) the existing Pebble servers will be shut down permanently. This does present a bit of a problem for us. After June 30th it's going to be somewhat more difficult to buy a Pebble off of Amazon or eBay, get the firmware updated and load it with the NSS app.

Details are here: http://rebble.io/

-Charles
                As many of us have several Pebble watches in our personal inventories with many never used nor taken out of their retail packaging with the eminent shutdown June 30 wonder if it would be a good idea to download the NSS app from Pebble to all the watches each of us have in our personal inventories?
                Last edited by GMLIII; 06-05-2018, 10:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GMLIII View Post

As many of us have several Pebble watches in our personal inventory with many never used nor taken out of their retail packaging. With the eminent shutdown June 30 wonder if it would be a good idea to download the NSS app from Pebble to all the watches each of us have in our personal inventories?
                  I did. I have six now. Get them setup and ready to go now, before the servers drop offline. It looks like Rebble is going to cover all of that functionality, but I can't see any benefit in waiting to see if it turns out that way.

-Charles

Comment

I did. I have six now. Get them setup and ready to go now, before the servers drop offline. It looks like Rebble is going to cover all of that functionality, but I can't see any benefit in waiting to see if it turns out that way.

-Charles
                    Good to know and very importmant info for Pebble watch users

Comment

I have had to download the new version and then revert back to the original version a few times (there are instructions for this somewhere). This was because the watch was somehow expecting a newer version.

Any advice on how to deal with this in the future if the updates will no longer be available?

Sent from my iPhone using PLT Nautique

Comment

Originally posted by TwinTip View Post

Any advice on how to deal with this in the future if the updates will no longer be available?

Sent from my iPhone using PLT Nautique
                        Details are in post #34

Comment

The Garmin Fenix is a really really really sweet watch and super useful if you're an active person who runs, bikes, swims, skis, climbs etc. It's also really really expensive. But so is a new G boat.

It's an interesting solution using a premium product. Unlike the crappy blue remote, if I owned a Fenix I'd consider it a personal item and would be hard pressed to hand over my $550 watch for someone else to wakesurf with. But I'd love a Fenix and a 2019 G23 to go with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kmayotte View Post
                            The Garmin Fenix is a really really really sweet watch and super useful if you're an active person who runs, bikes, swims, skis, climbs etc. It's also really really expensive. But so is a new G boat.

It's an interesting solution using a premium product. Unlike the crappy blue remote, if I owned a Fenix I'd consider it a personal item and would be hard pressed to hand over my $550 watch for someone else to wakesurf with. But I'd love a Fenix and a 2019 G23 to go with it.
                            Yeah will be nice to know if/when if it is backwards compatible with the 2016-2018 Nautiques with Surf Select option

Comment

Originally posted by GMLIII View Post

Yeah will be nice to know if/when if it is backwards compatible with the 2016-2018 Nautiques with Surf Select option
                              Personally, I don't see this happening. I'd imagine it would be nearly impossible to revamp the software that much in an update. I'd think you'd have to start fresh with all new coding.

Comment

Originally posted by Kmayotte View Post

Personally, I don't see this happening. I'd imagine it would be nearly impossible to revamp the software that much in an update. I'd think you'd have to start fresh with all new coding.
                                Well my reasoning for having 4 Pebble watches in back stock. LOL

Comment

Working...
                                X