Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hard time dial surf style wake on 2017 210

hey guys,
    just have few questions for those who have a 2014+ 210 with NSS.

i have kind of a hard time dialing a good surf style wave when we are only 2 people (my gf and me).
    For skim really no problem. It's perfect. Same when we are a crew.
    but when my wife is driving alone and me riding surfstyle the wave is never clean.
    I need to find what to do for cleaning up the lip and keep the wave long with a great push.
    I'm riding regular (port side)

I replaced both rear pro surf ballast sac with a 750 in the port side and a 450 starboard.
    Fill all belly, port and strbd full.
    HydroGate top down, NSS at 2-3. I can put the NSS at 1 even 0 but it shortened the wave too much and make it higher
    i put the hydro gate down because I feel that the push is better than when it's up.
    speed 10,9- 11.0
    All my crew is regular that's why I put less weight in the strbd locker.
    when we skim, speed 9.9- 10.1, NSS 0-1, hydrogate up and all ballast full. Wave is crazy. Alone or with a crew. Always perfect.

I'm pretty sure surf style wave isn't perfect because i don't have enough weight in the bow assuming I have approx 1 100 port, 850 strbd and just the hard tank in the belly wich is 350pounds i think.
    im planning to put a 250lbs sac under the bow filler cushion maybe it will solve my broblem but i don't know if I have to fill it full, half whatever.
    Maybe some of you knows what to do and adding weight to the bow isn't gonna help. I know the underseat bow bag would be a great idea but not for us. We always surfing or skiing slalom. Adding 550-600 sac in the bow is just not necessary
    So What setup do you make for yours?
    Thanks.

F725 Hopefully will chime in. I know he has the wave dialed in on a 210 and could give some really good advice.

Just curious, do you ever take your wife and gf on the boat at the same time? I would imagine that would create some serious waves!
    2007 Malibu Wakesetter 23 LSV, 1995 Cobalt 200

Comment

Soul_Surfer, one reason I run 750's in both rear lockers is simply the fact of more weight = bigger waves. A lot of the time, especially for a good surf wave I'll have a person or two switch to the non-surf side. This extra weight opposite of the surf side will make the wave a little steeper and will also make the lip much more firm. I've heard a lot of people say that the 210 wave is too soft... it all comes down to where you put the weight and then speed.

It sounds like missing bow weight and hydrogate settings may be your missing link. If I don't have anyone that'll sit in the bow, I'll add a 200 lb sac to lengthen and clean up the wave. Hydrogate should always be set at Full Vert (hydro gate is not being deployed). This will give you the tallest and most powerful wave. Speed anywhere from 10.6 to 10.9.

Hope this information helps.

Comment

LOL! sorry for misunderstanding English is not my primary language haha. That was a really good one !
        but no just 1 is already enough problem hahaha can't imagine 2 !

Comment

Big thanks F725,
          thats a really good advice. Like you say I'll probably put a 750 in strbd locker too.
          and yes hydrogate full vert that's the word. I'm still experiencing the boat haha.

Everyone seemed to say dropping 150-200lbs on starboard side when we are 2 for the driver weight. And we are 85% of the time only us that's why I put a 450 sac. didn't found any 550-600. maybe that was a mistake. Maybe a 750 sac and not full it everytime was a better idea haha.
          Thanks again.

Comment

Had 12,14,now 15 and all stock .

Surf skim or board and no issues with clean wave

All full 10.2 mph , nss at 2, and hydro gate all back. You may have issue with rear weight . I would try emptying the 750 side to equal the 450 side

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
            Last edited by lucky7t; 08-21-2017, 09:09 AM.
            Current Correct Craft Boat
            [URL="http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/02/05/1e6128564805861d2625d7b7f8efd2f1.jpg"]2015 SANTE 210[/URL]

Correct Craft Boats Owned
            [URL="http://www.planetnautique.com/vb5/attachment.php?attachmentid=17771&d=1340117700"]2012 SANTE 210 (Boatmate Trailer)[/URL]
            [URL="http://www.planetnautique.com/vb5/attachment.php?attachmentid=14107&d=1313460568"]2003 SANTE 210 (Dorsey Trailer)[/URL]
            [URL="http://www.planetnautique.com/vb3/attachment.php?attachmentid=14108&d=1313461675"]2007 SANTE 210 (Magnum Trailer)[/URL]

Comment

I have a theory (and yeah- it's just that... A theory)... I see people not running weight (or as much weight) to offset the driver/prop rotation, (and while listed boats were the way when wakesurfing started) I wonder if it doesn't reduce the effectiveness of the NSS? Meaning, because the side opposite the rider with less weight isn't sitting as low in the water that less of the nss plate is engaged, making its effects reduced? Again, I'm not an engineer, and it's just a theory, but I'd be curious if the wake wasn't actually better if you can both sides at 400 rather than 400/750 and played with your speed and settings some... If you have a chance to try it let us know what you find.
              ​​​

Comment

Originally posted by nautiques4life View Post
                I have a theory (and yeah- it's just that... A theory)... I see people not running weight (or as much weight) to offset the driver/prop rotation, (and while listed boats were the way when wakesurfing started) I wonder if it doesn't reduce the effectiveness of the NSS? Meaning, because the side opposite the rider with less weight isn't sitting as low in the water that less of the nss plate is engaged, making its effects reduced? Again, I'm not an engineer, and it's just a theory, but I'd be curious if the wake wasn't actually better if you can both sides at 400 rather than 400/750 and played with your speed and settings some... If you have a chance to try it let us know what you find.
                ​​​
                I never thought of this but you do make a valid point

Comment

Good example here - https://wakesurfnation.com/boat_setup/maiden-voyage/

Comment

Good point nautique4life.
                    nerver thought about it either! Yes i will stay in touch. next weekend I'm gonna play more with the boat.
                    Like you said maybe we reduce the nss effectiveness putting too much weight on the surf side. Really good thought

Comment

Ok, I'm new here and this is my first season but I just bought a 2016 SAN 210. And out of the box the wave is great. I don't plan on changing any of the plumbed setup at all. I feel that Nautique knew what they were doing when they designed the system the way that they did. I've been able to have way more adjustment to the wave through hydro gate and NSS. I run full ballast with the factory PnP and NSS on 0 or 1 depending on the lake conditions with small adjustments from hydro gate to make my final adjustments.

I've snowboarded for a large portion of my life and come to realize that yes setup and equipment help a lot, but just learn to ride what you have makes for a much more satisfying challenge.

Comment

Originally posted by zakoattak0 View Post
                        Ok, I'm new here and this is my first season but I just bought a 2016 SAN 210. And out of the box the wave is great. I don't plan on changing any of the plumbed setup at all. I feel that Nautique knew what they were doing when they designed the system the way that they did. I've been able to have way more adjustment to the wave through hydro gate and NSS. I run full ballast with the factory PnP and NSS on 0 or 1 depending on the lake conditions with small adjustments from hydro gate to make my final adjustments.

I've snowboarded for a large portion of my life and come to realize that yes setup and equipment help a lot, but just learn to ride what you have makes for a much more satisfying challenge.
                        I understand your concern and the stock ballast makes a really great wave that's for sure.
                        Nautique always made top of the line boats and yes they know how make their product properly.
                        Too much weight can be less easier to learn and little more difficult to drive but the 210 definitely needs a little more weight to truly feel his full capacity.
                        this boat have a great hull design and one of the best surf system on the market.
                        Im surfing since almost 10years now so yes these days I'm kind of picky about my wake hahaha.

But compared to snowboard.. it's not very the same thing.. Im snowboarding too and adding weight properly to your boat is kind of going at the snow park.
                        you can have the board you want, the fix and boots you want it doesn't really change how you are going to ride. But when you are tired to just going down the hill you add a jump, you add rails and things like that so you can do more tricks.
                        Surfing is same you can learn easily, feel the wave and have fun! But with the stock ballast hard time getting great airs or making 360's with a surfstyle board.

If you have a skim board the wave is perfect for that, all ballast full NSS at 0 and play with hydrogate to clean up.
                        But surfstyle you need a longer steeper wave (personal opinion) and when you ride with the Nss at 0 you sacrifice too much push.
                        surfstyle NSS should be max 3 in my opinion to let the wave have a great push, after that hydrogate(HG) is kind of the same. When HG is full up it sacrifice too much push too. Make the wave bigger, taller and clean the lip but shortened it and give it less push. So HG top down (full vert) is kind of perfect. You can give it a touch and still be very good tho.
                        so last thing you can change in the equation is the weight!
                        with older boat we were adding weight on the side we surfed and little bit in the front to compensate. Now with all surf systems look pretty all the same but really react differently from brands to brands.
                        Its my first Nautique too so I'm still experimenting the NSS system.
                        1 thing that I know is it really easy to use and it makes a really great overall job.

enjoy your new purshace !
                        and we'll talk about it in 5 years hahaha joking !
                        Last edited by Soul_surfer; 08-24-2017, 06:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by nautiques4life View Post
                          ​​​
                          As we spoke couple days ago and yesterday I've tried what we are saying.
                          i filled my 750 ballast at 400 (same weight both side) and...
                          WE SOLVED THE PROBLEM!! Haha.

Nautique4life had the correct answer,
                          adding too much weight to the surf side make the lip impossible to clean.
                          so dropping the weight of my 750 bag makes the wave little less higher but definitely more clean and just a touch of hydrogate was perfect.
                          riding at 10,7 -10,8 NSS at 3.

so the final thought is always adding same weight to both rear sides to let the NSS work perfectly.
                          next step is to put a 750 in the starboard locker but just fill them at 600. That's plenty enough and I love my trays haha.
                          just sad that here in Canada all ballast stores have nothing between 400's and 750's fatsac or sumo that can fit.
                          but 80% fill does the same job.

thanks guys for all your help !

Comment

Originally posted by Soul_surfer

As we spoke couple days ago and yesterday I've tried what we are saying.
                            i filled my 750 ballast at 400 (same weight both side) and...
                            WE SOLVED THE PROBLEM!! Haha.

Nautique4life had the correct answer,
                            adding too much weight to the surf side make the lip impossible to clean.
                            so dropping the weight of my 750 bag makes the wave little less higher but definitely more clean and just a touch of hydrogate was perfect.
                            riding at 10,7 -10,8 NSS at 3.

so the final thought is always adding same weight to both rear sides to let the NSS work perfectly.
                            next step is to put a 750 in the starboard locker but just fill them at 600. That's plenty enough and I love my trays haha.
                            just sad that here in Canada all ballast stores have nothing between 400's and 750's fatsac or sumo that can fit.
                            but 80% fill does the same job.

thanks guys for all your help !
                            There is a dude on our lake with 750 in both rear and bow sac. Longer wave but same height as ours .

Stock I've aired many times and can darn near do a 720 . Longer wave would be better for tricking .

Glad you figured it out

Current Correct Craft Boat
                            [URL="http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/02/05/1e6128564805861d2625d7b7f8efd2f1.jpg"]2015 SANTE 210[/URL]

Correct Craft Boats Owned
                            [URL="http://www.planetnautique.com/vb5/attachment.php?attachmentid=17771&d=1340117700"]2012 SANTE 210 (Boatmate Trailer)[/URL]
                            [URL="http://www.planetnautique.com/vb5/attachment.php?attachmentid=14107&d=1313460568"]2003 SANTE 210 (Dorsey Trailer)[/URL]
                            [URL="http://www.planetnautique.com/vb3/attachment.php?attachmentid=14108&d=1313461675"]2007 SANTE 210 (Magnum Trailer)[/URL]

Comment

Originally posted by lucky7t View Post

There is a dude on our lake with 750 in both rear and bow sac. Longer wave but same height as ours .

Stock I've aired many times and can darn near do a 720 . Longer wave would be better for tricking .

Glad you figured it out

nice!
                              With only a driver in the boat? Because that's my main problem 80% of the time we're just my wife and me. That's why I upgrade ballast.
                              With 4 people in the boat it's perfect with stock.

Me too I aired with the stock ballast and do my 360's
                              but im used to my older wave wich is a 2016 Tige Z1 haha..
                              but now with my problem solved 100% sure the 210 gonna produce a better wave than my last.

Comment

Working...
                              X