Opinion needed from the wake surf crowd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinion needed from the wake surf crowd

WE have a 1995 SS and would like to start wake surfing. We have 2 350's in the back and 1 600 in the locker. WE have the delta surf thinggy on the side of the boat. WE are almost there on the wake, but just cant quite get it.

Any recommendations for anyone with this boat or one like it?

Thank You

A few questions.. to make sure. The boats a super sport nautique? With 600 on the surf side, a 600 in the locker, a surf gate on the opposite side of the weight, you should be able to surf it. It could be your technique or possibly speed... Are you just falling out of the wave? If so.. do you fall out behind the boat, or to the side? What board are you using?

Comment

750's in the rear, 600 in the belly and 400 up front. That's what was recommended to me.

You might want to try putting more weight upfront to start but I think you'll also need some more in the back.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Comment

I have the same boat and think I could surf it without ballast, just using the Nauticurl (haven't tried yet, but a nice challenge for one of the next times out). With your ballast setup you should definitely be able to surf it. Maybe placement of your shaper is a bit off? I'd experiment with that first. Could also be your stance maybe? Like Tmosely1 asked, let us know what's happening.

Comment

“Thanks for the feedback. To answer some questions, yes, the boat is a super sport nautique. We only have 350 on the surf side (and 350 on the non-surf side and 600 in the locker) and the Mission Delta Wakeshaper. We are using a Butch Custom Volt wake surf board and I have surfed behind other boats with this board so not convinced that the board or the stance is the issue here. As far as falling out, it is occurring behind the boat – not so much on the sides unless I drift to far outside the wake. We have adjusted the position of the Mission Delta many times and can tell some slight differences based on where it is located but nothing that keeps us on the wake without the rope.

We are taking a number of folks out this weekend for wake surfing so weight will not be an issue and who knows, maybe it will work with more weight in the boat. Was just wondering if there was anything else besides the weighting/ballast. Thanks again for the feedback.”

Comment

Just as a note....which from what I am gathering you are already doing...you do NOT want to list your boat if you are using the delta. So keep the weight even from side to side. Also, if you can get a pic of your surf wake with nobody on it, that would help. Not sure how far forward your 600 in the locker goes, but you may just have too much forward weight. I'm not sure though as every boat differs with weight placement. In all honesty, the BEST advice is to get somebody who is pretty good at surfing to get out behind the boat so that you know ability is not an issue. I've surfed behind many diff boats and honestly, some boats just take more work than others.

Comment

more weight!

Comment

Originally posted by Beg4wake View Post
                . . . . you do NOT want to list your boat if you are using the delta. So keep the weight even from side to side. Also, if you can get a pic of your surf wake with nobody on it, that would help.
                +1

Also the position of the Delta makes a difference. From their web site:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Delta.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	21.1 KB
ID:	527277

Note that the "paddle" is forward of the stern.

Comment

Working...
                X