What's your favorite fender?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your favorite fender?

Looking for some new fenders and was wondering what all was out there. We've used Taylors for years and had pretty good luck but they have scuffed up gel on busy days.

Les Paul...Sorry couldn't resist.
    2013 G23 450 with NSS (175hrs) and still have the original prop
    2010 SANTE 230 343 (280hrs)
    pre 2010 - various open bow boats and jet skis

Comment

We have a very low depth, shallow dock so we use slalom ski buoys. They are perfect, nice and soft so you don't get the scuffs.

Sent from my iPhone using PLT Nautique

Comment

This is probably not going to be the most popular option, but works for me. The 4 inch flat fenders like this don't roll away from the boat, don't go flat and are thick enough to give good protection. The material that they are made of should not scuff the boat, seems real soft to me.

https://www.amazon.com/HULL-HH-30CB-...ords=hull+hugr

But they are 30 inches long and take up the entire side of the bow where I store them. I am overall very pleased.

Comment

Freddy......

Comment

I use those skinny ones too. Early SAN don't have much storage space.

Comment

After having black hulls for the last 12 years and getting tired of the marks made by fenders, I found some fender socks at West Marine that fit the fenders perfectly. Slam dunk.

Comment

For my boats I have found the Taylor-Made- low freeboard fenders work best. They look odd so I only purchased two, just to check them out. After a day on the water I came home and ordered two more, so I have both sides covered. Spend some time and get what ever you choose as a strap to attach to your cleats adjusted just right. I choose
                1/4 in. dia. braided nylon rope. It is readily available, strong, easy to use, and easy to un-tie when needed. Cut your ropes a little long to leave room for adjustment as docks and other boats come in different heights. As for cutting the nylon rope, decide the length you need. tightly wrap 3/4 in. masking tape around the rope. Cut the rope in the center of the tape you just installed. Obtain a cigarette lighter and now heat/light on fire the taped end of the rope, hold vertically until all ends of the rope appear to be melted into one, blow out the flame. Tie what ever is your favorite knot to finish off the fender. I have seen but not used fender socks, they would definitely be a added layer of protection.
                https://www.westmarine.com/buy/taylo...1?recordNum=17

Comment

Originally posted by Neverenough
                  Looking for some new fenders and was wondering what all was out there. We've used Taylors for years and had pretty good luck but they have scuffed up gel on busy days.

Sent from my iPad using PLT Nautique

Comment

Hands down the Taylor Made Big - B fenders are the best. I got the 8 inch diameter. I also got the Big - B rope inserts so you don't have to tie a knot at the end of the fenders . The design of the fender allows it to roll which is a great feature in protecting your gelcoat . I have a Nautique G23

Sent from my iPad using PLT Nautique

Comment

Jumpingballs.com We bought 4 small hippity-hops and they sent a free pump with them for $48 bucks. I color matched the boat, they deflate for storage, they are kinda fun, and super cheap. They have held up well to docks, and they are big enough to stand wakeboats apart when rafted up.

Comment

Anyone run the exile
                        Ones? Guys say they work great and are thicker then the hippity hops

Maybe we could do a group buy?

http://exileaudio.com/store/index.ph...ll-fender.html

1996 Super Sport Nautique
                        2010 F150

1989 Ski Nautique 2001 (sold)

Comment

I'm also interested in seeing what everyone uses. I'm thinking about getting this fender for my new boat. I was gonna call them tomorrow and see if i could get a discount on 3 or possibly 6 of them. Maybe if there is enough interest we could do a group buy?

http://www.hydraboatfenders.com/

Comment

^^^I believe their website says you're supposed to show proof that you have and will continue to maintain a mullet before they'll sell those to you.

Comment

Originally posted by delmage171 View Post
                              Anyone run the exile
                              Ones? Guys say they work great and are thicker then the hippity hops

Maybe we could do a group buy?

http://exileaudio.com/store/index.ph...ll-fender.html

I've used these for the past four years. They are great if you have room to store them.
                              2015 G23 550
                              2013 Malibu 22MXZ

Comment

Working...
                              X