Swim Platform Ladder Picture 2014-2016 Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swim Platform Ladder Picture 2014-2016 Help

Anyone have an underside picture of their swim platform ladder on a 2014-2016 Nautique. I order one from nautique parts, just trying to figure out the proper mounting distance from the back/front of the platform. If you could measure this distance that would be even better!

Let me know how this works out. I have a 14' 210 that my wife has been wanting a ladder on

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly Gummere View Post
      Let me know how this works out. I have a 14' 210 that my wife has been wanting a ladder on
      Same here, thats the reason I'm doing it. This is the part I ordered. I'll try to take some pics of the process and final result...but may actually be a few months. In the heat of the summer would rather be on the lake than doing work. hahahah

http://www.nautiqueparts.com/telesco...rplatform.aspx

Comment

Here's a picture of mine. It's a 2015 SAN 210.
        i can get the measurements this weekend.
        Attached Files
        Previously: 2015 SAN 210

Comment

Originally posted by SANonSherman
          Here's a picture of mine. It's a 2015 SAN 210.
          i can get the measurements this weekend.
          AWESOME! This is just what I needed, thanks!

Comment

Hey Guntersville what is the ladder kit like from Nautique Parts? Did it have like self drilling screws? Just wondering how difficult this would be to install. Is there a Brand name on the ladder as well? Saw some online that were like $119
            Last edited by Kelly Gummere; 07-18-2016, 10:29 AM.

Comment

Hey Guntersville what is the ladder kit like from Nautique Parts? Did it have like self drilling screws? Just wondering how difficult this would be to install. Is there a Brand name on the ladder as well? Saw some online that were like $119
              It came with some large stainless lag bolts, not sure if those are the ones to use or not (look too long, like they would go through the whole platform. Gonna take a screw out of the platform support arms, measure those and see what length would best match those before drilling. I'm uncertain about name brand. It was just a ladder in a bag in a shipping box...no instructions, nothing, so thats why I am kinda learning as I go!

Comment

Don't know about the new boats, but I recently refurbished my 07 220. The boat was badly oxidized and every single platform bolt broke off in the platform when trying to disassemble. When I was drilling them out, I realized the inside of the platform has thick aluminum. I used a tap and die set and used machine lag screws - sheet metal lag screws would not work. Your results may vary.

Comment

Originally posted by ziepfenj View Post
                  Don't know about the new boats, but I recently refurbished my 07 220. The boat was badly oxidized and every single platform bolt broke off in the platform when trying to disassemble. When I was drilling them out, I realized the inside of the platform has thick aluminum. I used a tap and die set and used machine lag screws - sheet metal lag screws would not work. Your results may vary.
                  Thanks for the heads up!

Comment

cant you just fill the rear ballast so the platform is under water? I feel like that ladder is going to be more trouble than its worth...

Comment

Hey Gunter you install it yet?

Comment

Not yet....been having too much fun on the lake to waste a day with work!

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly Gummere

Job complete!

Main question/problem I had was hardware selection. They DID send lag bolts to mount (nautiqueparts.com), but they looked pretty long and initially I thought they may go all they way through. So I planned to drill and tap the holes/aluminium under plate and use bolts.....MISTAKE! I "tested" this on a middle hole, I broke the tap off because the aluminium was too hard. So then since holes were predrilled smaller than lag bolts (this was actually on purpose in case I needed to default to this option) I measure and the supplied lag bolts actually were the perfect length (imagine that). So I mounted the rest of the 5 bolts (one missing due to broken tag) and sealed with 3m marine sealer around holes and BAM we have a ladder in a little under 2hrs for the project, 1hr of which was spent trying to make the tap work, FAIL! Let me know if u have questions.

Sent from my SM-G935V using PLANETNAUTIQUE mobile app

Comment

Sent from my SM-G935V using PLANETNAUTIQUE mobile app

Comment

I notice your tie down straps are mounted at an angle so as to attach to that center hook. I've always attached mine straight up to the swim platform brackets. Does the strap clear the FAE on your boat? Also, what is the "I5" written on your transom?

Comment

Working...
                              X