No announcement yet.

G23 Prop Fell Off .....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A prop (and a shaft) is a beautiful thing! It's sooo pretty, haha.
    Thank you Idaho Water Sports, and Nautique, for helping this move along quickly.

Click image for larger version

Name:	InkedIMG_20220909_193657583.jpg
Views:	341
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	657447

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20220909_185916229_HDR.jpg Views:	0 Size:	69.5 KB ID:	657446

Last edited by Scooter G; 09-10-2022, 10:05 AM.

Comment

• Another sheared drive shaft, 2014 G23 with 120 hours on it. Was cruising at 20 mph in open water (40 feet plus) and felt a vibration. We didn't hit anything. We were 7 miles from home on the uninhabited portion of the lake at dusk. I limped the boat back home at idle and when i put the boat in reverse to put it on our lift, the prop fell off as the remaining portion of the driveshaft gave out. I recovered the prop next morning with snorkel.

The local Nautique dealer was completely useless (couldn't even figure out what part to order) so I next-day aired a new driveshaft from Nautique Parts and persuaded a local marine shop to install it before a family reunion where we had people flying in from CA and FL.

The broken shaft did have the key extend beyond where the prop was seated (about 0.5 inches toward V-drive), whereas the new driveshaft has a shorter key slot that is not visible while the prop is installed. Hopefully the shorter key slot will prevent future driveshaft shearing.

Comment

• 7 miles of lucky for sure, you were wise to milk the limp run back. We didn't have any warning when ours took a sink to the bottom,.
        Thought we had heard the last of these stories (thought mine wrapped it up for eveyone, lol). You should be good to go with the new shaft and $2000 dollars later. I'm surprised the Nautique shop was acting clueless, if they have been around for a while they have probably done a multitude of replacements, don't you think?
        Good job, sounds like you have a trophy to hang on the boat slip

Comment

Working...
        X