Comptech Safety Trick Release Goup Buy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comptech Safety Trick Release Goup Buy

This group buy is working directly through the manufacturer SKYSKI. http://skyski.com/store/comptech-saf...k-release.html
    Ask for Jake. His email address is jake@skyski.com 1-888-SKY-SKI1

MSRP is $650 (they are thinking of raising it to $699)
    10+ participants $585
    20+ participants $525
    Trick Release Clevis $30 ea. (at time of purchase, normally $40)

Deal ends on July 31st.
    Plus shipping, Tax in CA, They accept all major CC, PayPal is possible, but not preferred.

They never discount this product and they manufacture it ALL in house.

I have wanted some type of safety system for my ropes ever since I read a thread years ago, but was reminded of it when I read this post by NautiqueJeff.
    http://www.planetnautique.com/vb3/sh...e-Saved-my-Arm!

Since then I have heard numerous stories of how ropes/handles can become so dangerous. One was how a boat ran over the rope, in the water, and started spooling up the loose rope. As it pulled tight it coiled around a passengers hand and they ended up loosing their hand.

1. TeamAllen

Comment

UPDATE:

I just spoke with Jake at SkySki. I count 10 people committed to buying the product between the different forums. Jake has only received 4 confirmed orders. They do not want to ship now and issue refunds, it would be a paper work nightmare. One we get to ten confirmed orders they will start processing invoices and will ship them when we get to 20.

So first thing is to send an email to Jake expressing your interest in placing an order. Then spread the word so we can reach 20 and get these things on our boats.

Comment

We are currently up to 13 participants, so we only need 7 more for the best discount for the group.

Comment

Currently around 14 or 15 participants. I heard one of the new ones, today, was from PN. Thank You!
          Only 5-6 more.

Comment

I ran across an article discussed on the MasterCraft Forum. A 13 year old girl lost her arm, from the rope/handle while kneeboarding, of all things. So if you think you don’t need one of these because you aren’t trying crazy tricks, this might change your mind?
            http://www.shreveporttimes.com/apps/...WS01/508150320

Comment

this sounds interesting but have a question. if it take a higher setting to off set getting up ,has there been any testing of how many pounds it takes to cut off arm, pull socket etc. you get my point, it would nice if there was some test data like a dummy, line, rapped around arm, and line releasing before cutting off. great Idea, but have you ever had a handle break while doing a trick ,a very dangerous situation ,pre released could be tricky , I guess, you would be adjusting for each rider.
              2013 G23 super air
              2010 230 super air
              2009 220 super air
              2008 210 super air
              2005 210 super air
              2003 calabria pro air

Comment

I copied and pasted this from a thread on Tigé Owners Forum. It is from a person "skidude" who also has an account on this forum as well. It is my understanding he manufactured a now no longer available, Bullet rope release.

"Good questions. There are too many variables to answer generically. Also, it depends on the angle of stress to the bones/arm. A rope breaks at about 3000lbs, so a heavy pin dramatically reduces the amount of load your arm will receive (roughly 2400lbs). I don't know how to test how much load it takes to break an arm...would it be for a 180lb man, a 150lb teen...etc.?

I do know from experience that I have put my arm through the handle with a Heavy pin and it hurt pretty good, and bruised as well. I was able to keep skiing though...If I had not had the Bullet on the line, I can only speculate how much more damage would have been done.

If anyone knows the answer to the amount of load required to break an arm, please share this information with me"

Here is the actual link to the thread.
                http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...128#post440128

Comment

We are currently at 18 participants this morning and I am confident we will make 20+ by the end of the day.
                  Last edited by TeamAllen; 07-08-2013, 10:41 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Count me in (I will leave Jake an email)

Comment

Excellent! Thanks to you and for everyone else for participating.

We are WELL over the 20 needed for the max discount. SkySki wasn't anticipating us reaching that amount so soon, so it looks like they will be ending the group buy early and soon. I will know the actual time tomorrow, when the boss returns and I will post it up.

If you are on the fence, it's decision time! Get your email into Jake ASAP! This offer will end soon. DO NOT DELAY!

Comment

THE DEADLINE FOR DEAL HAS BEEN SET BY SKYSKI FOR 4:00 PM TODAY Pacific Time.
                        That's 5 hours from now so do not delay and get your orders in NOW!!!!

Sorry for anybody that might get missed by this tightened deadline, but it's out of my control.

Comment

Got in just in time...Thanks for the warning.
                          2013 G23 450 with NSS (175hrs) and still have the original prop
                          2010 SANTE 230 343 (280hrs)
                          pre 2010 - various open bow boats and jet skis

Comment

I received a picture of a simple and inexpensive way to make rope changes without removing the clevis. Picture is provided by Brad at East Coat Foilers. It is of his own making.
                            I don't trust my own knots so I will probably use a rope extension, with float, from Masterline and add the carabiner.
                            http://www.masterlineusa.com/Masterl...l#.UeBPj9veyVY
                            Attached Files

Comment

Why do you need the float? If it becomes detached, it will still be attached to the handle at the other end. Or am I missing something?
                              2021 G23 450 - Current
                              2019 G23 450 - Sold
                              2018 G23 450 - Sold
                              2017 G23 450 - Sold
                              2016 G23 450 - Sold
                              2014 G23 550 - Sold
                              2013 G23 450 - Sold
                              2012 210 - Sold
                              2012 200 Mapple - Sold
                              2011 230 - Sold

Comment

Working...