Wanted - FatSacks for a 216

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted - FatSacks for a 216

Hey, I am interested to see if anyone has some old fat sacks that they no longer use anymore. My family has a 216 so I'm most interested in a large rectangle shaped one that I can rest in front of the back bench. But I would also be interested in some smaller ones as well.

I am on a relatively tight budget, but figured it was at least worth seeing what these would go for. If you have anything please email me at aekaireb@wustl.edu. Thanks in advance.

Austin
    [color=blue][size=2][b]I Nautique, therefore I am.[/b][/size][/color]

RE: Wanted - FatSacks for a 216

i have to flyhigh 750's i'd be willing to part with. they list for 150 retail(not msrp). you pay shipping and 75$ per sac. let me know if youre interested. oh and they are grey. honestly you would be best off with a pair of side sacs and a little weight in the front too. if you have that oldschool rear locker that is parallel with the transom one side sac would be great use of weight and also add some up front. economically 2 side sacs, one up front and one in way back or one where you want it and one on up front.

Comment

wouldn't having a DD make it more important to have weight in the back rather than spread out throughout the boat? I didnt think bow weight was that important right now unless i really loaded the boat up everywhere else, including the stern.

also, what are the dimensions like when filled? Thanks a lot.

Comment

Check out Adrenaline Watersports...they have some great clearance deals on their site.
        http://adrenalinewatersports.com/Pro...&SubID=113
        An example for $199 - Wake Ballast Package - 1240 lbs of combined Ballast- and the Pump
        Includes
        1- New LPL Launch Pad Single Coverless Weight Sac 540 lbs- # 8101 Bag Size- 20" X 50"
        1-New LPL Launch Pad V-Drive Coverless Pair (2 x 350) 700 lbs- # 8103 Bag Size Ea. -17" W X 43" L
        1-Launch Pad Uber Fill/Drain Pump - 1100GPH #8120

BTW - welcome to the midwest

Comment

edwin, just checked that link. And some of those prices look really good. the 540 lb one seems like a good deal, but I'm not sure if its worth going for one 750 lb one instead. I want as much as possible, but from what I remember, a 750 one wouldnt really fit at all between/on top of the bench behind the engine...

where about st. louis are you, btw? I'm right next to Clayton.

Comment

We just traded our 216 on a 210 SAN.

Our setup for a few years was a 540 bag in the trunk that we left full all the time and a 85 bag in the nose under the seats. This past summer my kid put a 350 bag in the centre between window or behind the motor depending on who was in the boat.

I suggest thsat you use the 540 bag in the trunk with a little weight up front to balance out the shape. Out of sight, out of mind and it is not in your way for passengers.
            Doug
            2014 230 Super Air Nautique
            2008 210 Super Air Nautique (sold)
            2003 216 Air Nautique (sold)

Comment

Thanks Doug, that seems to be the direction I was heading in. The trunk of us though is usually filled with vests, handles, lines, tools, etc, b/c we tend to go out for longer day trips with a lot of people more often than not. So I think that 540 bag would end up sitting in between slash on top of the engine and bench. How do you think it would fit there? sorry for asking that agian but that seems to be the only big issue. I want to know if people will still be able to at least sit or lean on the bag if it is right there... thanks again

Austin

Comment

I keep all the vests under the front seats and under the passenger seat. One or two vests and the handles and lines will still fit in the trunk with the 540 bag. That frees up the whole boat for as many passangers as you like without taking up any floor space. I always had 11 floatation vests on board at all times in addition to the riding vests. A set of skiis were positioned down each side of the boat tucked beside the rear seat.

When he put the extra 300 bag on the floor it really sucked for moving around. Just my opinion. He really got it to use in the back for surfing but it ended up staying in the boat all the time.

I would highly recommend going with the trunk bag and the extra bag in the front under the seat for trim. I would offer to sell you ours if you were closer. You should be able to get great deals on bags and pumps this time of year from your local shops.

The 2008 210 SAN is great for ballast and storage is huge! Really looking forward to picking it up in the spring.
                Doug
                2014 230 Super Air Nautique
                2008 210 Super Air Nautique (sold)
                2003 216 Air Nautique (sold)

Comment

bump...

Does anyone have any old ones that still work that they'd be willing to sell? I was just reminded a couple weeks ago of how much we could use these, and I can't really afford them new. Please let me know if you have anything. Thanks

Austin

Comment

Working...
                  X