Towing with a VW Touareg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Towing with a VW Touareg

Any towing with a VW Touareg? Looking at a TDI for towing the 220.

seems kind of small.. why not a truck?

Comment

I use my Touareg TDI to pull my 206 and a enclosed trailer. Love ever second of it. I loved even more before the diesel scandal fix.

Comment

I used to have a 2011 second gen Touareg TDI and i used it to pull my 05 210. It did fine, I made multiple trips of 6+ hours and never had an issue. Plenty of power, although braking was sort of an issue sometimes. Also it did squat the rear end a little more than i would have liked, but all in all it was fine. I now have a Duramax Colorado, and it's considerably better though. A lot better body control.

Comment

I am towing a 2006 SV211 (pretty heavy boat for the time) with a 2004 Touareg V8. Works fantastic, short wheelbase makes it very maneuverable. I also tow with a Ford Expedition EL (similar to F150 long box) and I actually prefer the Touareg for short distances. For long hauls you can't do better than full size pickup or SUV with long wheelbase. The nice thing about the Touareg (at least gen 1) is the all wheel drive along with the power. My driveway is straight up and it will haul the boat up no problem.

Comment

Working...
          X