X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sixcampbells
    replied
    Originally posted by nyryan2001 View Post

Sweet thanks. Also... why did you choose the 1600psi version. Why not the 1000 or 1200psi versions?

is there a chart somewhere that bases the recommended PSI ratings on overall weight?
    I don't remember a sizing chart other than eTrailer recommended the 1600 for my triple axle boatmate trailer.

Leave a comment:

• nyryan2001
    replied
    Originally posted by sixcampbells View Post
    nyryan2001 - 2 of the 3 original holes on the front side of the coupler did not change - so just re-used those. I had to drill through the coupler to install the third "stock" bolts and spring clips. I will go snap a picture as were planning to take the boat out later this afternoon.
    Sweet thanks. Also... why did you choose the 1600psi version. Why not the 1000 or 1200psi versions?

is there a chart somewhere that bases the recommended PSI ratings on overall weight?

Leave a comment:

• sixcampbells
    replied
    nyryan2001 - 2 of the 3 original holes on the front side of the coupler did not change - so just re-used those. I had to drill through the coupler to install the third "stock" bolts and spring clips. I will go snap a picture as were planning to take the boat out later this afternoon.

Leave a comment:

• nyryan2001
    replied
    New electric over hydraulic disc brakes installed. After bleeding the brakes I took it out for a drive this afternoon - really impressed with how it works. Brakes work great - no lag, nomore "chunk" noise and impact of the surge brake actuator kicking in. I removed all the old surge actuator components and re-drilled and bolted in the original tongue. All in all not that big of a job. Well worth it!

Click image for larger version Name:	image_46398.jpg Views:	165 Size:	51.3 KB ID:	582535

can you talk more about how you redrilled the coupler afterwards to keep it from sliding? And pics on that part?

Leave a comment:

• xxrb2010
    replied
    xxrb2010 - My GTW is closer to 8500# (some lead, less than half tank of gas, gear, etc. - tongue weight and cargo weight similar to you. The calculator put me squarely in the 12000 WDH. I have no other math or calculations to help me get to that point. Equalizer website and calculator were my friends. Last summer we pulled the boat from Seattle to Lake Shasta (~600 miles each way) and the setup worked well. No issues. Other questions?
    Thanks for the feedback,

That is really helpful,

Bill

Leave a comment:

• sixcampbells
    replied
    xxrb2010 - My GTW is closer to 8500# (some lead, less than half tank of gas, gear, etc. - tongue weight and cargo weight similar to you. The calculator put me squarely in the 12000 WDH. I have no other math or calculations to help me get to that point. Equalizer website and calculator were my friends. Last summer we pulled the boat from Seattle to Lake Shasta (~600 miles each way) and the setup worked well. No issues. Other questions?

Leave a comment:

• xxrb2010
    replied
    EQ95-01-5950 Pole-Tongue Adapter for Equal-i-zer Weight Distribution Systems - 14,000 lbs GTW, 1,400 lbs TW
    1 $96.80
    EQ37120ET Equal-i-zer Weight Distribution System w/ 4-Point Sway Control - 12,000 lbs GTW, 1,200 lbs TW
    1 $677.95
    Shipping: Free Shipping 154.46 less Discount ($154.46):
    Sales Tax: Total:
    $0.00
    $66.63 $841.38
    sixcampbells

Reviving an old thread

How do you come up with the choice of a 12,000 WDH vs a 10,000 WDH for your setup? I play with the hitch calculator on the equalizer web site and I need to push to 8000 trailer, 800 tongue weight and 500 cargo weight to go from 10,000 to 12,000.
    I am interested to know more about your setup and feedback from your experience as I might need to have the same setup but with a G21.

Thanks

Bill

Leave a comment:

• sixcampbells
    replied
    New electric over hydraulic disc brakes installed. After bleeding the brakes I took it out for a drive this afternoon - really impressed with how it works. Brakes work great - no lag, nomore "chunk" noise and impact of the surge brake actuator kicking in. I removed all the old surge actuator components and re-drilled and bolted in the original tongue. All in all not that big of a job. Well worth it!

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_46398.jpg Views:	165 Size:	51.3 KB ID:	582535

Leave a comment:

• sixcampbells
    replied
    Best of both worlds. Jeff seems to think this is the only way to go and I am convinced. Let you know how it all works out. Kit was $900.00 all in. Can install it myself. Boatmate uses the Titan set up in case you order your trailer from the factory with the electric over hydraulic option.

Sent from my iPhone using PLT Nautique

Leave a comment:

• sixcampbells
    replied
    I just bought a 1600 PSI Daystar electric over hydraulic disc brake conversion kit. The more research I do the more convinced I am thT that is the ultimate set up for safety and WDH. I keep my weights in spec and ensure my tow vehicle brake pedal and brake controller engage my stock hydraulic disc brakes.

Leave a comment:

• sixcampbells
    replied
    This is the set up I went with. I have it all installed and have taken a short trip but still can't confirm brake actuator is engaging on the boat trailer. I think it is. It will take some more testing. The load bars just sit on top of the bracket on the pole tongue adapter so it appears they can slide but there is a lot of downward force on the bracket that those load bars sit on (because of the weight they are loaded with to offset weight on the hitch). As I learn more I will report back. Per boatmate I do not need to worry about stress on the swing tongue joint. They have beefed this up and it's no longer a concern when considering the PROS and CONS and using WDH on their trailers.

Leave a comment:

• sixcampbells
    replied
    EQ95-01-5950 Pole-Tongue Adapter for Equal-i-zer Weight Distribution Systems - 14,000 lbs GTW, 1,400 lbs TW
    1 $96.80
    EQ37120ET Equal-i-zer Weight Distribution System w/ 4-Point Sway Control - 12,000 lbs GTW, 1,200 lbs TW
    1 $677.95
    Shipping: Free Shipping 154.46 less Discount ($154.46):
    Sales Tax: Total:
    $0.00
    $66.63 $841.38

Leave a comment:

• Hurley
    replied
    sixcampbells, which WDH do you have? I'm pulling a 2019 SAN 230 on a Boatmate 230 trailer. It's got the swing tongue. Was considering the Equal-i-zer https://www.etrailer.com/Weight-Dist...EQ37100ET.html but I'm not sure if it will attach properly to this trailer because of the swing tongue. Waiting to hear back from Boatmate.

Leave a comment:

• sixcampbells
    replied
    Pretty amazing. Thanks for the reply.

Leave a comment:

• greggmck
    replied
    greggmck how is your tongue weight so low? Your boat must be positioned further back on trailer than mine. I agree that 3 axles is an awesome feeling of relief. Do you have a boatmate?

I use to have a triple axle Boatmate. This year I opted for no trailer because I just don't need it anymore. I keep my boat on a covered lift all year and do my own oil/filter changes. Dealer helps me out when it does need to move for service.

I have the weight safe hitch and used to always check my tongue weight. It varies between 150 to 500lbs depending upon my fuel and lead I would place in the bow. Weight in the rear would not effect tongue weight because it was over the axles. Here is a pic of my max tongue weight with full fuel and 250lbs of lead in the bow.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

Working...
X